Coin v. Inventory

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

Re:Coin v. Inventory

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 11:28 AM
OK, so I opened up my Kindle game just to do the math. One full round (which is the first complete round I have done since BEFORE the update!) of 51 HOS. I got:
30 coins (15 each, of course)
8 shards
13 items: key (value 15 coins), archstrategist ring (15 coins) , charions helmet (15 coins), shield of order (15 coins), griffin symbol (15 coins), venetian saga (30 coins), reconciliation rod (15 coins), boiling power (15 coins), sign of fallen (25 coins), galleon of fallen legion (30 coins), phoenix feather (30 coins), feminine purity (25 coins) and mask of death (25 coins).

Doing the math:

59% coins, 16% shards, 25% items!

I got a total value of 605 coins (shards have no coin value at this time!).

Now if an item dropped from every HOS:
28 HOS worth 15 coins (of which 13 have with 3 items worth 15 coins and 1 item worth 25 coins) - Total value varies from 420 to 550 coins
12 HOS worth 25 coins - Total value 300 coins
11 HOS worth 30 coins - Total value 330 coins

Total value varies from 1050 to 1180 coins (I know we never got all 25 coin items out of the castle in a single round, but just for value purposes)

So as I received 605 coins, that is a loss of 445 coins minimum (42%) max 575 coins (49%)

And that is with only 51 HOS, what about 100 HOS?????

How can anyone say having the coins replace the items has any value to the player?

Yes, I posted this to the update thread as well, in case this one gets locked

The pet food and stamps were received 51% of the time, which is as expected
12 stamps (6 plain, 6 unique)
14 pet food (4 plain, 4 special, 4 rare and 2 unique)

no pink boxes this round

Et to fix typo in max coins lost

Edited on 02/01/2016 at 12:16:42 PM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 1, 16 1:46 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Well, there is inventory, and there is inventory.....If for instance you get Foundation of the Universe (Bar Counter), Harpy Feathers (Crypt), Chain of Blood Rubies (Broken Carriage), Life Flower (Elfish Bas-Relief/Fairy Sculpture), Cannonball (Armor and Banners), Wise Saying (Mirror Nave/Mirrors), Heaviness of Sin (Mosaic Panel), and Sign of Tactics (Scroll Storage) ---- then you still have received basically no inventory because those are nearly worthless.

Exactly!!! And my game in a nutshell!

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 1, 16 2:14 PM
Desertdruid wrote:
Annelliegram wrote:Well, there is inventory, and there is inventory.....If for instance you get Foundation of the Universe (Bar Counter), Harpy Feathers (Crypt), Chain of Blood Rubies (Broken Carriage), Life Flower (Elfish Bas-Relief/Fairy Sculpture), Cannonball (Armor and Banners), Wise Saying (Mirror Nave/Mirrors), Heaviness of Sin (Mosaic Panel), and Sign of Tactics (Scroll Storage) ---- then you still have received basically no inventory because those are nearly worthless.

Except that those items are worth 25 coins, not 15!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 1, 16 2:17 PM
Diane8722 wrote:
Desertdruid wrote:

Except that those items are worth 25 coins, not 15!

Yes, & I always sell them. That's why I'd rather have items 100% of the time.

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 1, 16 2:19 PM
All day every day as was....as should be.....till the end of time....forever.... **D**

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Feb 1, 16 2:20 PM
Whats the matter with you guys? Can't you do the new math? Oh wait, neither can I

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 2, 16 8:03 AM
Yea the "new" math is like being ok with cutting our nose despite our face.....who needs the nose anyway.......? **D**

[Post New]by Connie6143 on Feb 3, 16 7:52 AM
OK, this is how it looks to me. I may be all wrong, but this is my observation.

The devs do not seem to want us to accumulate lots of inventory any more. So now, we receive inventory items ONLY IF we need them for an active quest, either a regular quest or a key quest (side quest), and sometimes for daily quests. Otherwise, coins or shards are awarded.

This is how it seems to me. Does this seem to be the case for others here?

Diane8722
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Diane8722 on Feb 3, 16 7:57 AM
Connie6143 wrote:OK, this is how it looks to me. I may be all wrong, but this is my observation.

The devs do not seem to want us to accumulate lots of inventory any more. So now, we receive inventory items ONLY IF we need them for an active quest, either a regular quest or a key quest (side quest), and sometimes for daily quests. Otherwise, coins or shards are awarded.

This is how it seems to me. Does this seem to be the case for others here?

I could not have said it better myself or agree more! They do drop the occasional "unneeded" item to appease those who have inventory at this time, but ultimately that is how they appear to want the game played. If you do not want to wait for a recharge to get the item you "need", well spend, spend, spend....

kingratso
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by kingratso on Feb 3, 16 8:44 AM
While the stats are depressing, on the bright side it's opened up a new career path/hobby for many - statistical analysis!

Enter the exciting world of statistical analysis! Will that coin be heads or tails? What are the percentages in Scissors, Rock, Paper? Will you receive coins, shards or a useful item? What percentage of people who read this post will be mad at me? Inquiring minds want to know!

Keeping it loose,

Ratso

General_hobojoe
Catfish
Catfish
1,726 Posts

[Post New]by General_hobojoe on Feb 3, 16 9:05 AM
Let me at the one that is mad......let me at em' I say......twiddeling my thumbs till tourny time.......see ya in top 100....**D@NgeR** out

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 3, 16 9:32 AM
kingratso wrote:While the stats are depressing, on the bright side it's opened up a new career path/hobby for many - statistical analysis!

Enter the exciting world of statistical analysis! Will that coin be heads or tails? What are the percentages in Scissors, Rock, Paper? Will you receive coins, shards or a useful item? What percentage of people who read this post will be mad at me? Inquiring minds want to know!

Keeping it loose,

Ratso

ROFLMHO!!!!!!! You're killin me smalls...

Go to: