OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper comments and reviews

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 3, 09 1:09 PM
theres not much to this game ,very basic hog ,i got a 90 min trail the other day & i could not play 30 mins of it....BF ...HAS SPOILED ME....The game seems old to me....no bells & whistles...

Edited on 12/03/2009 at 1:10:42 PM PST

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Dec 3, 09 1:34 PM
not a good **** game compered to lots others & kkbodine 'hookman the legend' isn't a good 1 either so wouldn't wait for BF to get it,not much story line to either & if you Eastender like me you would know there is really no ending as they never caught the 'ripper' in real life so there can't be an ending just as in life there were a lot of rumours but no result

Edited on 12/03/2009 at 1:51:25 PM PST

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Dec 3, 09 1:57 PM
20 minutes and I was done. No interest whatsoever. Extremely boring game. Fingerprints are very hard to find, blurred, almost invisible. Graphics are so-so (being polite here). Bunch of stuff thrown around, either out of proportion or tiny. Didn't care about the music (muted) nor the storyline. It's very hard not to compare when BFG gave us so many outstanding games lately. This one doesn't deserve more than not because it's a straight forward HOG (I prefer interactive games) but because it's simply not a good game. Sorry.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 3, 09 2:05 PM
Playing it for a break from Dire Grove an okay h o with some puzzles nothing to rave about an okay game no big issues with it the items are mostly relate that is a good thing for me and long enough.

6/10

Cheers
lineck

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 3, 09 2:27 PM
I played the trial of this one on another site, as well and I wasn't too impressed with it. It's okay for those who like only hidden object games but I've been spoiled on the IHOG games and, now, it seems the plain HOG games don't interest me as much as they used to. While the graphics are okay, I've seen better. I don't think I'd buy it unless there were no other HOG or IHOG games to choose from.

[Post New]by snowflakesh on Dec 3, 09 2:52 PM
Me too! deleted half way through trial, I thought it was boring...

pbrant
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by pbrant on Dec 3, 09 3:00 PM
Agree with Retrofish, wish I knew about the hint renewal part earlier in the game. Got to halfway thru the third case in the demo and since there are only 5 cases not sure about buying it, but still a story that held my attention.

tezaber
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by tezaber on Dec 3, 09 3:19 PM
wllowldy wrote:I d/l trial to see if it is something I want to buy. I cannot get past the first case. The screen locks up and I have to end task. It locks up on the screen that shows the figure under the street lamp. I suppose I should re-load game and try again.

Same problem here. I couldn't get past the opening screen with the figure and the streetlamp. I ended up having to CTR+ALT+DEL several times to get back to my desktop. Screw it....I just deleted the game. If it doesn't work right the first time, why bother?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 3, 09 4:21 PM
kkbodine wrote:Pretty good HOG. When they say timer, they mean timer. I 'lost' a couple times before I realized that every wrong click takes time off the timer. Nice thing is you don't restart from the beginning, just the scene you lost on. It is pretty intense with the timer being so low and a couple times I was squirming. Graphics are pretty good, but as mentioned in other posts, some items are very very small, others are huge. I will probably buy just because the length looks really long and it is a pretty good storyline. I wish bigfish would come out with Camfire Legends, the Hookman, now that looks like a fun game!! Have a great day everyone and happy gaming

I got the demo of Campfire it seems exciting, but it's hard to know in an hour. I remember a lot of interactive chores and challenging puzzles. I doesn't sound like Jack the Ripper is that big of a hit. I do the demo and see.

shamrck3
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shamrck3 on Dec 3, 09 4:48 PM
pbrant, I agree with you, I hate it when they don't tell you things at the start I ran across the extra badge hints by accident. All in all I liked the game, I appreciate a story along with a HOG. I also liked that the objects went along with the game. I normally will not buy a game where they have hundreds of objects thrown everywhere....

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Dec 3, 09 5:20 PM
Campfire is a VERY GOOD GAME. Worth the money. I knew would not get it so I bought it from another site, full price.

BransonBel
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by BransonBel on Dec 3, 09 6:01 PM
samwise50 wrote:Campfire is a VERY GOOD GAME. Worth the money. I knew would not get it so I bought it from another site, full price.

I belong to another site that you pay a yearly fee and can download unlimited games, albeit they only have about 4 new ones once a week (and for the most part aren't too new.) Campfire was on that site and I played it and was impressed- not RTR by any means but enjoyable nontheless. I wish BF would do the yearly dues thing- if I download 8 games the dues is paid for and I usually do that in a month or two so the rest is gravy. Just thinking out loud

As for Jack the Ripper, I think I'll pass based on reviews.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Dec 3, 09 6:54 PM
What's the length on this? Real Crimes: The Unicorn Killer was basically a "freebie" b/c I finished the whole game about half an hr into the demo period.

kazzalini
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kazzalini on Dec 3, 09 7:32 PM
About to try Jack the Ripper now, lets hope its as good as some of the other HOG games i have purchased. Will let you know how it goes

msymms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by msymms on Dec 3, 09 7:50 PM
I thought it was a very nice implementation of a HOG. Most of the HOGs coming forth on BFG are junkpile, but I thought the storyline was well done in the demo. The clues are mostly easy to find (more easy than a lot of these recent HOGs such as "Luxor Adventure" and "BCA: New York") I think a lot of people are just becoming jaded with HOGs and those others get high reviews because of the sequel factor to them.

Also I never could get that "hit" Reincarnations:The Awakening to run on my Vista PC, but I have had no problems at all with this one. I give this game 4.5 out of 5 stars and happily purchased it.

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Dec 3, 09 8:14 PM
BransonBel wrote:I wish BF would do the yearly dues thing- if I download 8 games the dues is paid for and I usually do that in a month or two so the rest is gravy. Just thinking out loud

If the site you are thinking of is the one I know, (I abbreviate it GH here), then consider a few other points. We get many chances at games for $2.99, and in any month you buy 6, you get another. Speaking as one who invested that $ per year,
I found that I was getting more games for the same money here, AND, I didn't get any ads for things I will never buy shoved at me.

I remain a member of both due to a conversion hassle on their end, but I have found this place to be the better deal, at least for me.

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Dec 3, 09 8:17 PM
Yep, it is another good clean HOG with a little story and a little personality.
I would like a little more of both. At least the music isn't irritating. 5 of 10; will see if it turns up at $2.99.

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Dec 3, 09 11:14 PM
yawn.....zzz

[Post New]by ladyniteowl on Dec 4, 09 12:09 AM
game was so glitchy it ended up being a waste of my time to download. I really don't know what the game play was like. It looked like it might have the facts from the case but who could tell when you kept freezing at the transition screen

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Dec 4, 09 2:02 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:16:29 AM PST

Go to: