acyy415
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:The Otherside: Realm of Eons comments and reviews

[Post New]by acyy415 on Dec 6, 09 10:58 AM
Thank You Poppa 47 for the "suggestion" of an age range with this game!

I too would love to introduce my grand boys to sitting still for 10 min. while I catch my breath. I will probably buy this one exactly for this reason!

Here's to enjoying the simplicity of childhood!
Kudos to you!

Purple haired Granny
I love being a sea anemone!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 6, 09 11:04 AM
Diamond71 wrote:Old Bay,loved your comment on being a squid.I was sick of being one also (smiles) Just write a few more comments and you will be a LOBSTER Did you try the game from yesterday? The Dark Hills Of Cheral.I thought that game was very good.In fact I played it all day and it took me 6 hrs. 30mins.Thats a long game for uls seasoned players.Hope I see you as a lobster next.
Thanks , Diamond aka Lobster (lucky) dark of the hills for some reason or another , it wasn't a quick response on my vista...seemed alittle delayed.....it only takes me about 15 min or less , to no if its for me ....cause I could go for a really good game .....right about NOW ! one really is at the top of favs..is Pahelika .....I would love for a remake of that one..I always go back to that game....when theres nothing bitting in the pond ...have you ever played Pahelika ?

Bella43099
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Bella43099 on Dec 6, 09 11:59 AM
I Personally Love hidden object Games. I Let My Grandchildren Help Me Their Eyes Are Better Than Mine And I love How Happy They Get Because They Can Help. If You Don't Like These Types Of Games Then Go Play Some Boring match 3 Game?? Did I Say That loud Enough?

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Dec 6, 09 12:10 PM
I always look for poodlebear's review........where has the little doggie gone?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Dec 6, 09 12:40 PM
I really liked this game. Obviously it is for kids of all ages (I'm 70) from 4 to 80. Bought it right away. Everyone who played please enjoy it.

bbelle

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 6, 09 12:43 PM
OLDBAY wrote:
Diamond71 wrote:Old Bay,loved your comment on being a squid.I was sick of being one also (smiles) Just write a few more comments and you will be a LOBSTER LIKE.....how many more do I have to write before it happens ? can't wait !!!! ..tell me...tell me I need to no ? ?????

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Dec 6, 09 1:23 PM
Just finished the demo, although the graphics are great (wish all game makers would do this) this game was way too sloooooooow for me. Too much dialogue. Some of the items did not look like the actual item you were to find. I was better off hovering my cursor over the item and finding out what I was to look for, if I couldn't figure it out from the picture. One item looked like the tip of an arrow and here it was rebar that I was supposed to be looking for.
Anyhow, I won't be buying this one. As others said, it may be great for the grandkids, etc. I may give it a rethink when my neices are around.

HOG_ger
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by HOG_ger on Dec 6, 09 1:45 PM
It took me roughly 8 hours of relaxed play plus a few breaks to complete the game. Very enjoyable.

lesley234
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lesley234 on Dec 6, 09 2:22 PM
I may have gone along with this one but... not able to get the keys from the small table in the store, managed 2 but no response to clicking even though I can see them quite clearly. Cannot fathom the problem.

Move things aside......Lily my inner child told me.lol

Edited on 12/06/2009 at 2:44:25 PM PST

Charkbite
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Charkbite on Dec 6, 09 4:01 PM
akaratcat wrote:I always look for poodlebear's review........where has the little doggie gone?

I was wondering that mahself. Hope she's okay.

I Beta'd this game, it froze mah 'puter on exiting, but what I did play was fun, seemed worth running the risk of another freeze up [mebbe that's been resolved, eh?], soooo I'm gonna use one of mah Novemberfest coupons, YAY!

Edited on 12/06/2009 at 4:05:04 PM PST

[Post New]by pruddy on Dec 6, 09 4:26 PM
I downloaded the trial, played about 25 min. quit for about 30 min. When I tried to go back into the game it comes up, but when I click play it doesn't go anywhere. It just comes back to the same screen. I am losing playing minutes. What can I do?

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 6, 09 4:49 PM
pruddy wrote:I downloaded the trial, played about 25 min. quit for about 30 min. When I tried to go back into the game it comes up, but when I click play it doesn't go anywhere. It just comes back to the same screen. I am losing playing minutes. What can I do?
SHUT IT DOWN & RESTART

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 6, 09 6:26 PM
I played the "Dark Hills of Cherai" demo and loved it! But my computer only has 512 MBs of RAM, and Cherai requires much more. Is there any way to add MBs without my having to send computer to the computer guy for who-knows-how-many days??

As for "The Otherside", played the demo and found the storyline interesting, but the hidden objects and mini puzzles are just a little too easy. Don't think I'll be buying this one.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Dec 6, 09 7:07 PM
One word..."LAME"

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 6, 09 7:42 PM
lesley234 wrote:I may have gone along with this one but... not able to get the keys from the small table in the store, managed 2 but no response to clicking even though I can see them quite clearly. Cannot fathom the problem.

Move things aside......Lily my inner child told me.lol

I hope you were able to figure this out. You have to move the items around to get to the keys.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Dec 6, 09 7:54 PM
I don't think this game is necessarily for children, but it certainly is reasonably safe for them to play.

But it's easy. Too easy for me, although I'm sure there are others out there who will appreciate a simpler relaxed game. I played with the timer on and never even came remotely close to not finishing a level in the time allotted.

I found that it moved too slow for me. Too much dialogue and too much waiting for the objects that I'd found to fold into the middle before I could use them.

And since when does finding a hockey stick and a broom (among other things) make a chair? You definitely had to suspend belief in reality for this one.

I also thought the mini-games were extremely simple.

But if you've got the grandkiddies coming for the holiday season, this might just be the ticket.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 6, 09 7:55 PM
It's a little late, but I will provide my 2-cents worth.

"Me Likes." -- The graphics and art work are outstanding! The strategy for finding the HOs is unique. The main character -- Miranda tells you what she wants and you go looking for it. Often, there is some interaction, though the interaction is not complex. The interaction ties nicely into the storyline. You have unlimted hints of the recharge type. The HOs are what they say they are, so you don't have to try and figure things out. Skipping the dialogue, I only completed 5 of the 25 chapters in 50 minutes, so I believe the game has good play time. The mini-games that I played were of the put the pieces of paper together and work my way through a map. Neither was difficult.

"Me Kinda Wanted More" -- I kind-of have mixed feelings about this game regarding it's complexity. It's any easy game to play. And sometimes, I want easy. So if I had something that I didn't like about the game, it would be that it was too easy for me. But, as I said, sometimes I don't want to have to work my grey matter.

"Bottomline" -- This is good HOG, though easy, it was enjoyable to play. What's makes it really enjoyable is that the HOGs and interaction stay with the storyline. This game gets my approval -- . Not sure I will purchase, just because I'm waiting for something more difficult, but it will stay in my maybe purchase box.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 6, 09 8:27 PM
misty5 wrote:I played the "Dark Hills of Cherai" demo and loved it! But my computer only has 512 MBs of RAM, and Cherai requires much more. Is there any way to add MBs without my having to send computer to the computer guy for who-knows-how-many days??

As for "The Otherside", played the demo and found the storyline interesting, but the hidden objects and mini puzzles are just a little too easy. Don't think I'll be buying this one.

Hi Misty,

I checked the RAM requirements for the Cherai game, and it only requires 256 MB of RAM. With 512, you already have twice that. And...since you were able to play the demo, that probably means you won't have a problem with the game.

HTH!

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Dec 6, 09 9:02 PM
I must be getting old...Yes, I think that this game is on the easy side. But the story makes me interested enough to want to find out what it all about. I am confused by the beginning ... with some other world character involved with our heroine; seems it may be a story of good vs evil. Only my thoughts--not sure!

But although it is on the easy side, it is different and for once I am not seaching for bugs, and spiders, and other creepy, crawly things. I liked that...lol!

So I am going to use my last November credit to own the game. I am sure it is not for everyone.,.I must be just very....young at

OnWI

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Dec 6, 09 9:30 PM
just got done playing the game.pics was good,story was good.at the end game keep freezing.but other than that it was aok game.one down 15 more games to go

Go to: