patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Trio: The Great Settlement comments and reviews

[Post New]by patnsky on Dec 7, 09 6:27 PM
thagrouch19 wrote:ALL IM GETTING IS A FLASH ON THIS FREE TRIAL DOWNLOAD. IM UNISTALLED IT LIKE 4 TIMES NOW AND FROM START TO OPENING THE GAME IT JUST FLASHES AND CANT SEE MUCH AS IT DOES SO. A BIG GLITCH IN THIS GAME. PLEASE HELP ME GET A CHANCE TO TRY IT OUT GEEEEEEE .......

Have you tried contacting BF on this one?? i had a problem sometime back with a game and they were so helpful. I had to download an update to for my video card and the problem was corrected.

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Dec 7, 09 8:48 PM
I love match 3's as long as they don't get too hard. I am in regular mode and there was quite a bit of clicking as you got to the end of the first island, but seemed to get a little better after the first few levels of the second.
I am now at a level where there is some sort of ray and I can't figure out what it is supposed to do or how to work it.

I have to admit, reading all the little conversations is very, very annoying, and I just click off, but the help feature is useless.

I bought it, and am glad I did, but if anyone else gets to this level, please post what to do with the ray that reverses polarity?

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Dec 7, 09 9:34 PM
I figured out the ray...you just have to hold down the button for a little while before it begins to work.

One small complaint...In a couple of places, it refers to the game player as a him. I am not a him. It is different than the non-gender specific he====they are refering the the player directly. Maybe its because its late.....

tyyllls
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tyyllls on Dec 7, 09 11:08 PM
I too am having a jittering and flashing screen in between the actual play levels- I have a brand new computer and great graphics, but this one is not downloading right. I like it, but cannot figure out why sometimes when you drop the 3rd of the same color all 3 will disappear, and other times only one or two of them. Any ideas?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 8, 09 12:38 AM
eddyatwork wrote:I'm not much for match 3 games but this was different than the usual and it starts off well enough in relaxed mode (I hate timer games) but then you get the platforms rising which is not relaxing to me.

A huge bug I found:

You eventually can build a shipyard at one point but if you instead upgrade the houses and run out of money you can't proceed. The game tells you to build the shipyard and there is no way to undo a purchase. When you go to the buy screen, whatever is showing is what you should buy or you can get stuck and you have to start all over again.

Re: the Bug - The same thing happened to me but I exited and came back in and my money was restored so I was able to by the shipyard and continue.

...and sadly, I agree, started off great in relaxed mode but got waaaay too hectic after my demo time and a buy, of course. DOH! You'd think I'd learn...

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 8, 09 12:40 AM
tyyllls wrote: I like it, but cannot figure out why sometimes when you drop the 3rd of the same color all 3 will disappear, and other times only one or two of them. Any ideas?

As you progress the orbics have different colored boxes around them. The silver take 2 matches to open and the gold 3. So if you have a Match with 2 in wooden boxes and one in silver 2 would go but one would stay. Might that be it?

torqane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by torqane on Dec 8, 09 2:55 AM
I really wanted to like this one, and generally it's fine. But I want to lose a level on my own merits and not because of something I can't control. Sometimes an orbic will drop out of the hopper on the right and it'll slide down so slowly that it makes the alarm go off (I guess it's overlapping the laser line at the top) and there's nothing I can do to toss another one over there to get it to drop. Once in a while it'll overlap and that will work, but not always.

So unless I'm missing something (and I hope I am) that's a big frustration and a loss of a sale on what looked very interesting.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 8, 09 9:48 AM
I am a big fan from match 3 games. This one is a nice, cute game. I will think about it and put in on my maybe list.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Dec 8, 09 9:38 PM
Why do it have a relaxed mode and then after I bought the game a rising platform. It is the same as a time mode so now I can put this game away and I have waisted my money.

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Dec 9, 09 2:17 PM
I had some spare time so I checked out this game. I normally don't like match 3 games but I have to say the demo went by fast. So I put this on my maybe list. I do need a break from the H O's , my eyes are getting tired. I give this game a 6.5 out of 10.

[Post New]by violetflame on Dec 9, 09 7:29 PM
I think this game is awesome. Is anyone else having trouble with this game. I have uninstalled and installed twice to get rid of the glitches. One is on 32 it would never let me finish the game. I played for 40 minutes and never finished. Then I reinstalled the game and I got through it just fine. Please someone, have any suggestions. Ready to give it up. Such a cute game, so sad.

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Dec 11, 09 4:46 AM
Enjoyed it while it lasted but got to level 35 and thats it game over so very short .

Imdamamma
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,076 Posts

[Post New]by Imdamamma on Dec 11, 09 9:21 PM
After playing and finishing I changed my mind. This game is to slow, you can not scip movies and it was very easy to beat, Very disappointed 3 out of 10

[Post New]by varg_fr on Dec 16, 09 6:54 AM
Very interesting game.
Something Really New!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Dec 16, 09 11:54 AM
I am one of those who are sorry to have bought this game. It is great fun at the beginning, and a truly different Match-3 game, but the fact that the "relaxed" mode becomes "unrelaxed" once the rising platforms start is a hidden fact that makes this an unfair offer (because you do not get time pressure until you have bought the game). I could truly love this game if it did not quickly devolve into a timed game even in the supposedly untimed mode, but given my physical limitations, the quick-click requirements become a barrier to any continued fun.

I understand that BFG cannot review all games, but it should be possible to have someone play some of these games for 2-3 hours to see whether they suddenly change radically after the trial time, and warn those of us who have mobility problems.

I want to thank Poodle for her addition to her review. Too bad I got home yesterday after 12 days out of town and picked up this game once I came home, and before she issued her warning.

Just to be clear: I really recommend this game for people who have no problem with using a mouse quickly and beating a timer. But if you cannot do that, beware -- this game does not really have an untimed mode.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Dec 16, 09 12:04 PM
I am a big Fan of match 3 games. This one is a good for me.

[Post New]by Morpher on Dec 18, 09 1:21 PM
Greetings! Check out new version of Trio (1.3) and thanks for your feedback!

[Post New]by shfree on Dec 19, 09 12:16 PM
torqane wrote:I really wanted to like this one, and generally it's fine. But I want to lose a level on my own merits and not because of something I can't control. Sometimes an orbic will drop out of the hopper on the right and it'll slide down so slowly that it makes the alarm go off (I guess it's overlapping the laser line at the top) and there's nothing I can do to toss another one over there to get it to drop. Once in a while it'll overlap and that will work, but not always.

So unless I'm missing something (and I hope I am) that's a big frustration and a loss of a sale on what looked very interesting.

I have had the same problem, and it drives me nuts. Does anyone have any strategies for dealing with this?

[Post New]by jagroq on Jan 5, 10 9:58 PM
tyyllls wrote:I too am having a jittering and flashing screen in between the actual play levels- I have a brand new computer and great graphics, but this one is not downloading right. I like it, but cannot figure out why sometimes when you drop the 3rd of the same color all 3 will disappear, and other times only one or two of them. Any ideas?

I had the same problem with flashing and jittering until I happened to change the resolution settings on system and now it displays correctly. Before I fixed the problem I also noticed that 3 pieces all with wooden outlines wouldn't always all break, just like you described. afterwords thought they all break every time so I believe the problems with the display is what was causing it.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 29, 10 12:50 AM
I purchased this game a few months ago, I always look foward to the challenges when it comes to M3 games, but I did like it. I played the 30 minutes, and realized I had to continue. If there are some fishies that cannot handle the fast clicking, (which I know a few), I would definately not recommend this game. The game starts of pretty easy and then after a while you will find yourself clicking faster. It was an okay game, though it wasn't the best M3 game I've played, it was just one of those M3 games that I just had to beat. Happy Gaming !!!

Go to: