Download/Install Error

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:Download/Install Error

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 8, 09 1:29 PM
Thank you, Paul! I appreciate this very much.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 8, 09 1:53 PM
Hey everyone! I just tried again to download the game and this time the game validated, installed, and activated normally!!!!

Thank you, Big Fish!!

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Dec 8, 09 1:59 PM
Our Tech team found the errant server and replaced the version of the game on that server as of 11:18am PST today. Sorry about the hassle.

It should download fine now.

Picman

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 8, 09 2:54 PM
picman050967 wrote:We are investigating. We cannot get it to fail here, but with this many posts there is something awry...we will find it and when we do we will post here.

PIcman

picman050967 wrote:Our Tech team found the errant server and replaced the version of the game on that server as of 11:18am PST today. Sorry about the hassle.

Picman

Thanks for all of the help, Picman!

I'm glad to hear that it's working for some people. But I just tried to download it and it didn't work. Same thing. It said that it was validating the install and then it started downloading again. So I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just try back again in a few weeks for that game. I hope it works for others though.

Edited on 12/08/2009 at 2:54:31 PM PST

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Dec 8, 09 3:30 PM
SolarEclipse wrote:
picman050967 wrote:We are investigating. We cannot get it to fail here, but with this many posts there is something awry...we will find it and when we do we will post here.

PIcman

picman050967 wrote:Our Tech team found the errant server and replaced the version of the game on that server as of 11:18am PST today. Sorry about the hassle.

Picman

Thanks for all of the help, Picman!

I'm glad to hear that it's working for some people. But I just tried to download it and it didn't work. Same thing. It said that it was validating the install and then it started downloading again. So I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I'll just try back again in a few weeks for that game. I hope it works for others though.

Thanks SolarEclipse. I forwarded your email on to the tech team. If you are up to it, PM me your email address.

Picman

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Dec 8, 09 6:51 PM
Ok. Now they have moved it directly into our own corporate datacenter and ASSURE me that it will download flawlessly for everyone...

Picman

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Dec 8, 09 8:50 PM
picman050967 wrote:Ok. Now they have moved it directly into our own corporate datacenter and ASSURE me that it will download flawlessly for everyone...

Picman

Picman, thank you for your valiant effort!

I was finally able to download the game and it worked. Thank you. Kudos to tech support for sticking with it. I hope everyone else has a positive experience downloading the game now, also.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Dec 9, 09 8:43 AM
Today I downloaded Hills of Chernai. It seemed to download OK but when I went to open it, it said there were missing files and the download was unsuccessful. Is it BFG or me?

[Post New]by sisone1951eaw on Dec 10, 09 3:48 AM
picman050967 wrote:Ok. Now they have moved it directly into our own corporate datacenter and ASSURE me that it will download flawlessly for everyone...

Picman

I have reloaded for about the 20th time and it lets me put my name in but when I click ok I still get the error message "Theotherside_1_12_bfg.exe has stopped working" PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you in advance for any help, I am running Vista Home and everything is up to date with plenty of Ram and all the other things you have to have, all other games run and play with no problem

tak1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tak1 on Dec 10, 09 8:01 AM
I downloaded this on the initial free 60 mins. Had to stop so exited, now cannot get back in past the initial frame. I press play and it just keeps repeating the frame, and then knocks time off my playing time. I have uninstalled and installed again, but the same fault recurs. Help please.

[Post New]by hunnydew on Dec 10, 09 9:29 AM
I downloaded the game and now cannot play. It will not get past the "Now click on the table" part of the first scene. I can move the cursor around and hear the music and see the "lighted" areas where I am supposed to investigate but when I go to click the table, nothing happens and that tip just stays on the screen. Please help

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 10, 09 10:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're having issues with this game, please contact our Customer Support team from the "We're Here to Help" link on the right side of this page or from Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member. They'll be happy to help!

Cheers!

bfgEuphrates

[Post New]by susang3 on Dec 10, 09 3:23 PM
I too, have had troubles getting the game to play. The download appears to go smoothly and when I click Play. nothing happens.I click it again and I get an error message that the game is already running. I checked my task manager and it is not in the running applications, but in Processes, it is listed. I Ended the process, tried again. Same thing. I've uninstalled it and rebooted (standard troubleshooting) and retried the download - same thing all of it. I've downloaded many trials and very few of them have an issue. I check the Forums and help pages if I do have issues and usually I find something that fixes it. This is my first post with issues. I'm going to try The Dark Hills of Cherai which just finished downloading while tech support tries to fix this bug. BTW I have Vista.

Thanks.

[Post New]by deb7777home on Dec 10, 09 5:14 PM
I don't have a problem downloading. it just won't let me play. I have downloaded twice.
Thanks

Dixie

Go to: