CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by CiChDa on Feb 13, 16 7:13 AM
Windows 8.1 works ok, kinda jerky' I had to turn off custom cursor, still doesn't play smoothly.

youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Sparkles

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Feb 13, 16 7:30 AM
No matter what difficulty setting I select, the sparkles remain. Very frustrating!!! Mac OSX 10.9.5.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by 9otters on Feb 13, 16 7:58 AM
Playing on a PC, Windows 7, Home premium, 64 bit.

I read this thread before I played the demo, so I was thinking I'd be in the same boat with the other Windows 7 people.

Didn't have any problems whatsoever! What a surprise...

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 13, 16 8:57 AM
Also can't take the broken clipper out of the box. Have tried under two different profiles

[Post New]by glendalekid on Feb 13, 16 9:14 AM
Nope, can't put the shears together either. I did find the half in the box first and tried to pick it up then. Couldn't pick it up. Then found the screwdriver, screw, and got the second half of the shears. Spent several minutes trying to put them together in the box. That doesn't work.

I was leaning toward buying this game, but until someone tells me how to get the shears together it's a no-buy for me.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nitenurse2001 on Feb 13, 16 9:16 AM
OS X 10.8.5
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I can't even open the game and this is usually NO problem.
When I click on Play in the Game Manager, the popup with today's
deal comes up. When I click on NO THANKS or the x to dismiss it,
the game still doesn't start.

If most of us Mac users are having this much trouble even getting the game to open, it's a big problem that can't be fixed by rebooting, etc. It's a
developer issue.

I'm bummed, as now I must wait until you release another CE game so
that I can get a discount this weekend.

Update: 2/16

Ah, the problem for me, at least, is that my MBP is OS X 10.8, and the
requirements clearly state that only 10.9 and above are supported.
This is the first time I've encountered this. Good to know and I'll be
checking from now on.

Edited on 02/16/2016 at 12:33:04 AM PST

[Post New]by smith54sandy on Feb 13, 16 9:27 AM
Same issue here. Game won't launch. Developers are you listening?

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Feb 13, 16 9:58 AM
Running on Mac El Capitan 10.11.3 and the game won't open for me either. Says I have run out of time. Kind of getting fed up with Games being published and they don't run. It is definitely a Developer Issue!! Now we will ever see a fix???? Doubt it.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Feb 13, 16 10:32 AM
Same problem here, game won't launch.

2 x 2,4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB
OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 13, 16 10:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear there have been technical problems coming up in the game. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post what they're seeing here. We're aware that there's been a problem with the game not opening on Mac computers, and the issue is being looked into. We highly recommend anyone experiencing this problem to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be able to gather data to pass along to our internal teams, and are always willing to help.

We recommend taking a look at our help articles when tech issues come up, as they're a quick way to get a game working again without contacting our Technical Support Team. I suggest taking a look at the following help article to address the other issues that people are encountering:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The following help article also has useful information and steps, which are specific to Mac computers:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If there are still technical problems occurring, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team, and our Reps will be happy to help.

The Forum Moderation Team understands the frustration that tech issues can cause. However, please make sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind when posting. Specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by dfvalent on Feb 13, 16 10:52 AM
Running on Mac 10.10.5. I'm in the tower (with glass tank and shark). I've gotten to the point where the elevator needs a button and the thing on the back wall needs a lever. There aren't any more options, and none of my inventory works. "Hints" just hisses at me and does nothing. I'm stuck. I restarted, etc. Nothing works.

bumble2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bumble2 on Feb 13, 16 12:06 PM
I had the same problem with the shears . you need the white gloves and handle to pull the one out of the floor then you can put them together

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Feb 13, 16 12:18 PM
bumble2 wrote:I had the same problem with the shears . you need the white gloves and handle to pull the one out of the floor then you can put them together

Just went and tried again. Got it this time. I used the glove to get the blade, then went and grabbed the half out of the box. I do not have the screwdriver or screw in my inventory, and it worked. Maybe it will for others

Edited on 02/13/2016 at 12:23:00 PM PST

rjohn82677
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by rjohn82677 on Feb 13, 16 1:04 PM
I see that many others have had the same technical problem that I experienced. I am waiting for Big Fish to review the problem with this game and re-issue it without the bugs.

Rjohn

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Tales of Terror: Estate of the Heart Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by handyfr on Feb 13, 16 1:17 PM
Running Windows 8.1. Game closed down a couple of times at the beginning, but cleared up after a few times. I've reached the end without any more problems, EXCEPT I have to get the net and my scissors have disappeared from my inventory. So now I can't finish the main game!!!

daisey88
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by daisey88 on Feb 13, 16 1:43 PM
Same issue on Mac. Game won't start at all. Just get an error message.

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Feb 13, 16 3:20 PM
On a Mac El Capitan latest version - downloaded this game twice and it does not even open. I immediately get the error page to report problem to Apple. Is there going to be an update to fix this or do I have to contact support to get a refund???

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Feb 13, 16 5:13 PM
Playing on Mac with el Capitan OS, was able to download the game and open it to play demo, but it's not displaying the full screen, only shows the lower left side of the screen, so cannot access right side of game at all past the inventory "lock".

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Feb 13, 16 6:26 PM
after several attempte, I managed to down load the demo.I had the usual clipper problem . I bought the game and tried to down load. Repeatedly , down load failed, as happend with the demo. restarted the game manager , same result

[Post New]by gemebau on Feb 13, 16 10:20 PM
I got to the bonus chapter with no problems,but can't collect the final piece in the HOP to get the spoon. Have tried everything. Hint button shows what to collect but won't let me take it

Go to: