Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
865 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Imperial Island 3 here.

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 20, 16 8:01 AM
On my first profile I got to a level in the 160ies then the game slowed considerably down. I started a new profile and the first levels played fine and at proper speed. Now when I play level 18, once the board is cleared and I get the keys the cart I get as a onus freezes the game and I have to CAD to get out of the game. Going back in, I replay level 18 and the same happens once I get to the keys.

Using Win 7, 64 bit.

bfgPanthalassa
2,341 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 20, 16 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there have been technical issues occurring in the game. When problems like these come up, our help articles can be a good resource for troubleshooting information. I recommend reading the following, which has versatile steps that can help in a variety of situations:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

I've also included a help article below specific to access violations:

Access Violation

If these problems are still coming up, we highly encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps have the tools to gather data on and report issues, and they're always more than happy to help.

I also understand there is some question about the testing of the game. We absolutely want everyone to be able to play these games without experiencing a technical problem. While our games are all thoroughly tested on a wide range of hardware and software configurations, due to the many different options for computers, issues and glitches may come up. We appreciate everyone who's taken the time to post the things they're seeing here, and I'm going to pass this along so that the appropriate teams can see it.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

fshenry
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by fshenry on Feb 20, 16 2:03 PM
Micha1234 wrote:On my first profile I got to a level in the 160ies then the game slowed considerably down

i had the same problem. I got to level 40 when all of the cut scenes started slowing down. The match 3's were still working fine so I didn't panic. Then I reached level 45 and everything started crawling. The game became unplayable.
I didn't bother creating a new profile in fear that the same thing would happen so I just uninstalled the game.
A shame because I was really enjoying it.

tubergal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by tubergal on Feb 21, 16 2:13 AM
I too am running Windows 10 and am getting violation access errors at start up about 40% of the time. I have reached somewhere around level 59 and the game slows down to a snails pace and cannot get past the Search level. Someone needs to fix the glitches in this game !

LYNNEWHITNEY
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by LYNNEWHITNEY on Feb 21, 16 7:52 AM
I am running windows 8.1 and level 40 is sloooooowwww. Every other level so far is quick and responsive. I have updated adobe flash etc and suddenly the next level (40) is impossible to play ---- slow motion. So I uninstalled the game, re-installed it, have been getting error ACCESS VIOLATION ... BFG whenever I reboot, finally resorted to "recover" the most recent restore point before I had installed all those updates (flash player etc) .... nothing has worked. 100 levels? in your dreams! too bad - I really loved this game!

jackelfish
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Feb 21, 16 2:11 PM
I am playing with Windows10, upgraded from Windows8. Worked fine until I built the Security Watch Tower, then freezes. I have tried not building the tower, but still freezes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but no help. I also tried to fine Dr. Felix on the help and don't find it. Please help. It looks like I am not the only one wth problems. Thanks, Jackelfish

[Post New]by awatomic on Feb 21, 16 2:15 PM
Hey guys,

I too have been having crawling issues on the higher levels, ie after about level 63. All the animations work fine until it starts to load a new level and then it CRAWLS. It won't let me close the game and I have to sit patiently until it finally loads and then the Match 3 works ok. At least it did until the really high levels, and on level 100 it crawls so badly that it is unplayable. I've been very patient with this game, because it is good, but I am disappointed to be unable to finish it.

[Post New]by ladylongrider on Feb 21, 16 7:38 PM
game was running great into the 60's level now it is very slow restarted several times nothing helps

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,065 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Feb 21, 16 10:38 PM
I have now joined the ranks of the "no picture (map or game board) displayed". Has anyone gotten a solution to that issue?

I got all the way to Level 191 with nary a problem, but suddenly everything was black where the map or game board should be. I play on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 (yes, it's old - almost six years) with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have just submitted a help request and hope to get some answers. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked for video card updates (already had the latest), checked for updates to Windows, (nothing there) and checked for updates to plug-ins (all current). I ran a Dr. Felix report and took a screenshot of the "display" that I got after selecting Play in the Main Menu and sent it all along to Customer Support.

If I get a solution to the problem, I'll let everyone know.

kens1129
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Game running slow.

[Post New]by kens1129 on Feb 22, 16 5:48 AM
hpf1 wrote:I am using Windows 10 on a high spec machine. The game is running slow on level 75, so slow in fact in that it is unusable. It also did it on one of the event games but I managed to slowly get past it. This also happened with the previous Imperial Island offerings, you get to a level and the game runs prohibitively slowly. This was reported last time by many users but not fixed so I gave up and stopped playing the game. I hope that this isn't going to happen again. Anyone else having this issue?

I am having the same issues. You would think they would have all the bugs worked out since they had the same problem with the last game...sigh. I also see that the game only uses 1 core on my I7 processor.

bfgPanthalassa
2,341 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 23, 16 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to talk about the technical issues that people have been coming across. Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post the problems they're seeing here. The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants everyone to be able to play the game without experiencing a glitch, and will continue to pass along posts on issues so that the appropriate teams can look into them.

To address these issues, I suggest taking a look at the help article I've included below. It contains information and steps that can help work out the kinds of issues being discussed here:

LYNNEWHITNEY, I'm sorry to hear that an access violation came up in the game. The following help article has steps to specifically address this issue:

Access Violation

If anyone continues to see an issue, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. All of our Reps are more than happy to help, and can provide further troubleshooting help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by ABigFish on Feb 23, 16 6:09 PM
I am well in to the game on a Windows 10 platform. It will launch to screen where you can start to play and as soon as you hit the start button, the pointer freezes, the music stops and pointer revert to typical mouse pointer which will move. The only way is to hit the ESC key which then goes to a message WIN8. etc has stopped working. I uninstalled/installed three times and nothing works.

[Post New]by kasiabron on Feb 23, 16 7:06 PM
Me too I seem to have the same issue that my game freezes at around level 62 or 63 then nothing and says there is error saying access violation and I have to use the task manager to stop the game and go back to my computer screen. I installed and re-installed again too, played first time and the game stopped working at level 62 or 63 and played it second time and same story, it froze on me at the same level.

I also have Asus computer with Nividia GE force driver and windows 10.

Please help!!

Edited on 02/23/2016 at 7:13:51 PM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
865 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 24, 16 4:52 AM
thistle809 wrote:I have now joined the ranks of the "no picture (map or game board) displayed". Has anyone gotten a solution to that issue?

I got all the way to Level 191 with nary a problem, but suddenly everything was black where the map or game board should be. I play on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 (yes, it's old - almost six years) with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I have just submitted a help request and hope to get some answers. I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game, checked for video card updates (already had the latest), checked for updates to Windows, (nothing there) and checked for updates to plug-ins (all current). I ran a Dr. Felix report and took a screenshot of the "display" that I got after selecting Play in the Main Menu and sent it all along to Customer Support.

If I get a solution to the problem, I'll let everyone know.

That's kind of what happened to me on my second profile. I got somewhere into the 120+ level and all I got was the the menu button and nothing else.
I un-/reinstalled the game and that doesn't delete your profiles. Now, that didn't help at all with my second profile, I still just have the screen with the menu button in the top left corner but my first profile that had become unplayably slow is now running halfway normal.........

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Feb 24, 16 10:01 AM
I was having problems with game running very slowly so I started running it in compatibility mode (for Windows 7, this is what you do: find location of win8_imperialIsland3.exe, which is probably under x/Big Fish Games/Imperial Island 3, where x is where you store your Big Fish Games. Right click this file and drag it to desktop and create a shortcut there. Right click the shortcut, click on "properties," click on "compatibility" tab, check "run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) in the drop-down menu. Also check "Disable visual themes," "Disable desktop composition" and "Run this program as an administrator" and then click on OK. From then on, when you want to play the game, click on the shortcut. This worked for me (running in windowed mode) until level 60 or so, when I had to start running the game full screen for a number of levels. It started running slowly AGAIN so I went back to windowed mode and it ran OK for another number of levels at which point, I think maybe at level 80 or 90 or so, it ran very slowly for a couple of levels which I suffered through and since then (I am now at level 120) it is running OK. Of course, there are some problems with the trophies (can't get airport gold trophy because I have all the airplanes already and it wants one more) and there are certain levels where you basically just can't play them because blockage at the top makes no tiles available below, but that is another story.

bfgPanthalassa
2,341 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 24, 16 5:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the different technical issues that people have been experiencing in the game. Thank you Scobeaux for taking the time to post about running the game in compatibility mode. While compatibility mode may not impact newer operating systems, it may definitely help with older systems.

We also have some help articles that can be of help in these sorts of situations. The following has versatile steps that can be applied to a variety of scenarios, and may help with the problems described in this thread:

I also understand there are some people experiencing issues with their Windows 10 computer, and we have a great help article with steps specific to that operating system:

Windows 10

When people are still running into issues after reading the help articles, we recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps are happy to help, and also have the tools necessary to gather information on and report technical problems.

bfgPanthalassa

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Feb 25, 16 8:03 AM
I am running into a slow down beginning at level 67. Same thing happened with Imperial Island 1. I was hoping you had fixed this since then, but obviously not. It takes 5 minutes to load Level 67. Have started and stopped game, uninstalled and reinstalled games with the same result. Win 8.1 (Win7 for II1)

jpabich
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Freezes

[Post New]by jpabich on Feb 26, 16 1:33 PM
We need a bug fix for this game. It continues to freeze up. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but I keep getting an access violation and cannot continue.

Don't the devs read these forums? It is very irritating that I cannot continue with this game that I have purchased.

I doubt it is my equipment or OS as I have 100s of other games from this site where I experience no problems.

Edited on 02/26/2016 at 1:34:02 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
2,341 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 26, 16 4:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to talk about the issues being reported here.

geniegal, I'm sorry to hear that the game has been slowing down at level 67. I definitely want you to be able to play your game without excessive wait times, and for this issue I recommend trying the steps in the following help article:

jpabich, I understand that the game has been freezing and giving you access violations. That help article I included above has some great information for resolving freezing issues in a game. The following help article also has some steps specific to access violations:

Access Violation

I also understand that you're interested in a fix for this game. While I'd like to be able to discuss potential updates, the Forum Moderation Team simply isn't provided with advanced information on changes or fixes. Rest assured, once any information is made available it will be posted in the forums. In the meantime, these posts have been passed along so that the appropriate team can see them.

Oftentimes, technical issues may have many different causes. Our games are tested on a variety of hardware and software options, however, as there are a vast number of computer configurations, unforeseen technical issues may arise. We definitely want people to be able to play their games without encountering problems, and posting in the tech thread is a good way to bring this to our attention.

Please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team if you're experiencing a problem. Contacting the Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report is a great way to get personalized troubleshooting steps, and our Reps are always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/26/2016 at 4:03:57 PM PST

[Post New]by olelade1040 on Feb 28, 16 11:30 PM
The game downloaded fine. Also the game activated with no problem.How ever when you hit play nothing happens. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times. Still will not play, I want to buy this game when the above issue is fixed. Note, i played this game on another game site and had no problem. I am using window7

I have other big fish games that work fine. please fix this problem, i would like to purchase this game.

olelade1040

Go to: