Re:Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera

[Post New]by wiskywoman on Jan 27, 10 12:36 AM
Any word on this game yet? I loved the demo!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 27, 10 12:48 AM
I only got the Beta sent to me a few days ago and I played it last night. Well, for me it is a keeper! It reminded me of MCF (the art of Madame Fate), Puppetshow, Drawn and the Rue Morgue all in one.
From the scenes shown at the end and the amount of characters, this may be a good length game.
The only thing that annoyed me was the pronounciation of Giles! It should be a soft G, like Gigi.

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 27, 10 4:34 AM
I got a beta test invitation on Friday and once I got myself out
of the muddle of the first part, (figured out how the game works),
I loved it.
Some of the objects are very small and hard to find,
but the hint system was good.
Unfortunatelly did not get to play any minigames.
Can*t wait till this is published.

julsky
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by julsky on Feb 8, 10 4:26 AM
I bought the game and its great but I need a walkthrough to help me with the door with marbles and finding another room withclues. j. sykes

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Feb 8, 10 4:30 AM
Walkthrough:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nightfall-mysteries-curse-of-the-opera-strategy-guide-walkthrough/

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Feb 8, 10 6:28 AM
Aren't we all happy this came out as a regular version and NOT CE as anticipated?

Maybe (hopefully) it's because they (the developers and/or BF or whomever) listened to the voices of the people and decided a CE version wouldn't sell.

Too many people have been scared off CEs (myself included) because of the not-worth-it extras. (I bought DG CE, but the extras were not worth it).

As far as I'm concerned the ONLY thing that would make a game I could get for $6.99, worth paying $19.99 for, would be A LOT more GAME CONTENT.

Not stupid useless crap like wallpaper, music tracks (ugh! I turn music off 99% of the time anyway, why would I pay extra for the ability to use the music later???!), and strategy guides (which I NEVER, EVER use). Total waste of money. Add more content...LOTS more (not just a few screens), and people would RUN to buy CEs if the game is good quality graphics, etc.

On the other hand, the trend now seems to be SHORT games. I can see what's going to start happening if it hasn't already. Games are short at the regular price and what would have been a regular length before, will become a CE. Well, we aren't stupid and we'll be on to that ruse too!!

I love BF. Just throwing in my thoughts.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 8, 10 7:14 AM
I like a good sound track that does not loop endlessly. I love appropriate sound effects, too. I don't care about wall paper either. I love long games, but don't mind two or three hour ones, as long as I have another one to play when I am finished. Just my quarter's worth.

Spudrick
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Spudrick on Feb 8, 10 12:15 PM
Loved it, loved it, loved it!! Hey I bought it on Sunday morning and have just finished at 8 pm Monday night. Had to hold myself back because I wanted to enjoy it and make it last. On a par with all my favourites (which are obviously all MCF games - even the DS one) This one had a great story, relatively hard seek and find - I had to stop myself using the hints, which seemed really quick to generate, and the puzzles drove a simpleton like me crazy. I just liked it so much I didn't want to cheat so it was really enjoyable. I love BF and this has made me want to post.

Oh hello everyone!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Feb 8, 10 12:19 PM
Welcome to the pond, Spudrick! Glad that you loved the game! I finally played the demo yesterday and really liked the game, so am sure I will be buying soon. I'm glad that it wasn't released as a CE, or would have to wait longer to buy.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Feb 8, 10 12:26 PM
WELCOME SPUDRICK

I demo'ed the game and am on the fence on buying it. Dark scenes do crazy things to my eyes.

Charm

Spudrick
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Spudrick on Feb 8, 10 12:31 PM
Thank you RaceCat3 and ComputerCharm for the welcome. I am a huge IHOG/HOG fan have been for years now. This was a great one for me. Not too dark, I think. Give it a try.

Spudrick
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Spudrick on Feb 8, 10 12:37 PM
Ooh, as an aside, I read on one the posts that they thought some of the hidden object areas were a bit too easy and you were given too many clues to the extra stuff you need to do. It really does get harder as the game goes on and the hints are hardly helpful at all. Don't use them if you really want to be foxed for ages. Don't use the hints guys and this game will engage!

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 12:38:48 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 8, 10 12:52 PM
Hey Fishies!

Oops it looks like I'm a little late on moving this thread, but now that we have a full game forum for Nightfall Mysteries: Curse of the Opera, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over.

To find the forum for any game, just click on "All Game Forums" at the top of this page, and type in the game title you're looking for.

Feel free to continue the discussion in the full game forum by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by mistymoogs on Feb 12, 10 5:17 AM
can anyone help... I keep getting to near the end of the game in the bridge area where i have a shepperds staff and a key and am supposed to knock something off a hydro wire with an object... cant use the staff and cant find the solution.... stuck and frustrated in Ontario Canada

RavynWytch
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by RavynWytch on Feb 12, 10 7:59 AM
mistymoogs wrote:can anyone help... I keep getting to near the end of the game in the bridge area where i have a shepperds staff and a key and am supposed to knock something off a hydro wire with an object... cant use the staff and cant find the solution.... stuck and frustrated in Ontario Canada

Me too. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I can't get the key off the wires either!
**EDIT**
I got it!! As soon as I posted my help request, I went back to the game and tried to get the key again. I found by clicking below the sparkling area just a bit, I was able to knock the key down!
Good luck!!

Edited on 02/12/2010 at 8:00:52 AM PST

nan431
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by nan431 on Feb 12, 10 8:14 AM
I purchased this game and I am thoroughly enjoying the game. It is just the right game for my feeble computer mkind. Will I buy a ce edition of any game especially if there is no trial, never. There are several games I would like to try but as I said with no trial no buy. nan

[Post New]by mamobley on Feb 12, 10 9:52 AM
I'm stuck, can't cross the bridge. Any ideas?

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Feb 12, 10 10:03 AM
mamobley wrote:I'm stuck, can't cross the bridge. Any ideas?

How far in the game are you Mamobley? Are you talking about the bridge in the very beginning?

[Post New]by mamobley on Feb 12, 10 11:45 AM
Yes and I only have an axe. I've placed the door across but can't find what to use next. App. any help

Freter
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Freter on Feb 12, 10 1:14 PM
mamobley wrote:Yes and I only have an axe. I've placed the door across but can't find what to use next. App. any help

There is a tree with a pair of shoes hanging from one of the branches. This is the background with that big tree in the middle. There should be a sparkle on a branch just below it. It will open a mini screen. use the axe on the branch, and you will receive a log which you can place on the river to complete the makeshift bridge and access the town.

Hope this helps.

Go to: