The Forge - New Offer

faunaspherical
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:The Forge - New Offer

[Post New]by faunaspherical on Feb 20, 16 5:29 PM
Afspam, you made such good time on this room!

I played with an increase experience talisman, did not use any tara cards, forgot to switch to correct 'ghost' mode one time so played mode 2x, and I had just over 50 minutes left on the clock.

I was really impressed with the artist(s)'s execution of this room! I thought the familiar items they collected and chose to use in the room worked so perfectly and made sense. I also appreciated that they 'greyed' out some of our more familiar items to reflect the 'soot' they would gather in such a room. I also found the hiding places well thought out and (**Spoiler Alert**) I particularly loved finding the log in the fire pit's eye! My most hard to find item was that darn saddle - and my most fun to find item was the flint. I would rate the room:

after acquiring soot which gets a rating of:

Edited on 02/20/2016 at 5:32:03 PM PST

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Feb 20, 16 10:36 PM
I so agree, fauna. This room was a breath of fresh air, even if sooty. A very thoughtful and artistically designed room. The designer refrained from making items teeny and shoving them in the back of the room. Delightful!

dixons1
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by dixons1 on Feb 21, 16 3:53 PM
This room was not bad at all! I had difficulty seeing the saddle at first but then it was easy to spot. I would play it again (hopefully the soot will be easier to get).

cansrve
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cansrve on Aug 11, 16 5:03 AM
Lots of helpful information in this post especially SirVivals at the beginning.

Not locked so bumping it up for easier viewing

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Aug 11, 16 7:04 AM
Good morning all

This is not new , I already have all the charges!

cansrve
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cansrve on Aug 11, 16 7:22 AM
amina046 wrote:Good morning all

This is not new , I already have all the charges!

It was New back in Feb the first time it came around

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 11, 16 7:37 AM
I did this one recently to try to "catch up"!!!! But I am doing it again. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it the first time.

Yes, I remember the saddle being somewhat difficult to find ... and there is one other thing that I can't remember, too. I'm so grateful that we can get bells with coin!

Don't forget to try to match your helping the blacksmith - along with his actions (both in your own Bellows and in your neighbors'). This will probably help your drop rate tremendously!

Good luck everybody!!!

cansrve
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by cansrve on Aug 11, 16 7:44 AM
marliza wrote:

Don't forget to try to match your helping the blacksmith - along with his actions (both in your own Bellows and in your neighbors'). This will probably help your drop rate tremendously!

Good luck everybody!!!

Your theory for helping offer creatures in your neighbours yards seems to have been a success for many once we find just the right timing to click help. Thank you for sharing that with everyone!

But for your own yard do you really find it helps any? the offer creatures in your own yard can drop a multitude of items usually but its that One item needed for the last artifact that seems to be elusive. Has your theory seemed to work for that item as well?

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Aug 11, 16 8:08 AM
Hello cansrve,

I think in this case, we can judge marlizas valuable hints, when the 4th quest 'Blacksmith's Overalls' with task: obtain, (look for or whatever) 'Soot from the Forge' and 'Cinder', shows up.

Happy forging
Sir Vival

Edited on 08/11/2016 at 11:15:29 AM PST

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 11, 16 1:58 PM
I am finding that if I match the creature's photo - as shown on their help screen - then the chances of getting the item are greatly increased. And yes, that also goes for on my own areas (as well as neighbors').

I have completed this event now, and didn't write down what was in the chest, but I do know that there were puzzle solvers. I'm really happy about that!!!!

As for the items from the blacksmith on own land - I found that if I waited (and it was a bit of a wait) for him to kick his forge up, and take one whole hit at it - then - caught him on his up-swing for the second hit - - - which wasn't easy - I was able to get the soot almost every time.

I do admit that my patience ran thin, and I ended up using crystals. But I sure did get lots of the other item from neighbor's blacksmiths.

I hope everyone enjoyed the room. I know that I did. I like the spur being upended, and some of the other things done in that room to hide things - like the log being in the eye of the forge. .... lol ... cute!!! (in a strange way, that).

Now I'm just waiting for the next event.

I'm hoping to start one of a Monday or Tuesday - and then to have the weekend free from the game. My week is weird because my daughter works Sun, Mon, Tues and Weds nights (sleeps those days and also most of Thursday as well - as that is really her "Friday"). I like to play the game while she sleeps.
I can MAKE NOISE (like vacuum and do dishes and things) on the days that she is NOT sleeping! - Friday and Saturday. I'd rather NOT have an event to have to finish up on the weekends, but I'm pretty sure that is how they play them - for you "normal" people!!! LOL. Anyway - what I'm saying is - if you don't see me around much from now on, that's the reason why.... I'll be trying to do other Real Life things. (Not outside, tho. It's really HOT here in South Florida in summers these days! - so I'll be around some.)

Edited on 08/14/2016 at 12:12:29 PM PST

janawie
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by janawie on Aug 16, 16 12:49 PM
The chest contain:

200 silver cards
200 gold cards
10 crystal Harps
15 summoning scroll
3 bells
3 watchs
10 azure grapes
3 hammer of thor
3 solar lamps
5 dragon coins
3 magnifying glass
5 dragon tablet
5 latin scroll
5 fiery seals
7 old amphora
10 problem solver
7 paranormal trap
15000 coins
3 crystals
1500 experience
Timli's forge trophy

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Aug 16, 16 7:56 PM
@janawie
Thanks for posting the contents of the chest
I was just about to do so when I saw yours - I find this valuable info along with comments made about a quest in deciding whether I choose to do it.
thx again

Edited on 08/16/2016 at 7:58:43 PM PST

Go to: