[Post New]by sammygram on Dec 12, 09 8:49 AM
WHERE DOES THE KEY GO MCF ARE TOUGH FOR ME

MissisT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by MissisT on Dec 12, 09 8:59 AM
Did you try clicking fairly high up on the hook?

[Post New]by SharonLee1945 on Dec 12, 09 9:01 AM
o0lilkim0110o wrote:What do you use to get over the bridge? please help anyone

Jo1956
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jo1956 on Dec 12, 09 9:42 AM
I got it, you have to click several times really fast!!

[Post New]by gemini_uk on Dec 12, 09 11:00 AM
need help!! where do you find the crowbar?

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 12, 09 11:53 AM
Click the hook repeatedly to make it swing higher and faster. Something like three rapid clicks should do it.

(Oooops, I see you already got it.)

Edited on 12/12/2009 at 11:54:23 AM PST

[Post New]by Shell17 on Dec 12, 09 12:16 PM
my inventory is not showing up..at beginning of game ..i need to open trunk! help!

[Post New]by jerilake on Dec 12, 09 12:35 PM
where is the walkthrough for this game???????????

[Post New]by MLM5902 on Dec 12, 09 5:15 PM
I'm having trouble finding the key for the tool box in the garage and the code for the safe in the manager's office - how do find them?

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Dec 12, 09 5:26 PM
You need to open the safe to be able to open the toolbox--to open the safe, first see if you can figure out how to climb the tree outside the hotel...

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 12, 09 5:34 PM
Jo1956 wrote:I have been clicking on the hook and it swings, but doesn't knock down the valve...I am stuck until I get the valve

Try clicking higher up. I found that easier to click rapidly several time in a row which is what you need to do to knock it down.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Dec 12, 09 7:03 PM
You can use the sledgehammer to get into the office, but not through the door...

[Post New]by californiagypsy on Dec 12, 09 7:16 PM
[i]love this game but am having some trouble i have in inventory car jack,claw hammer ,lighter,saw,and torn paper. Am at a loss as to haow to open safe in office how to cut ropes on oars or how to light the fire can someone help an old lady who loves these games and is determined to figure it out

[Post New]by Hollandude on Dec 12, 09 7:24 PM
Ok this is making me crazy, I have gone up and down that tree like a squirrel on steroids and nothing. How do I find the safe combination and wheres the rope? I go room to room and no clues.....

[Post New]by o0lilkim0110o on Dec 12, 09 7:28 PM
What do I use to get the rope down from the oars? ihave the car jack, hammer, nails, mattress, sledge hammer thing? I need the rope to get over the bridge

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 12, 09 7:33 PM
Your questions are answered in the Blog Walkthrough for this game on the Big Fish blog at:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/

Good luck!

Edited on 12/12/2009 at 7:33:59 PM PST

[Post New]by ennorath on Dec 12, 09 9:46 PM
misty5 wrote:Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

[Post New]by JJWISE7582 on Dec 13, 09 12:34 AM
I need help, where do I find the salt to place on the mantle on the last chapter??

[Post New]by connierob on Dec 13, 09 6:15 AM
misty5 wrote:Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

[Post New]by connierob on Dec 13, 09 6:18 AM
MLM5902 wrote:I'm having trouble finding the key for the tool box in the garage and the code for the safe in the manager's office - how do find them?

Go to: