Chapter 4 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by cashionashley28 on Jan 27, 11 1:37 AM
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 4 starts at the frozen river and ends at the upstairs hallway.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 4 and trade tips and tricks!
I need help i am stuck on the suitcase in the bedroom would someone please tell me where the phone number is or what it is? And where do u get the wood to the fireplace i have the lighter but no wood???????????

Re:Chapter 4 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 27, 11 2:28 PM
Welcome to the pond, cashionashley!

The wood is found on the pathway between the hotel and the student's car.

Allison's phone is found under the floorboards in the back room of the farmhouse. If you haven't been to the farmhouse yet, then don't worry about the suitcase ... it's contents aren't important until very, very late in the game.

Good luck!

[Post New]by recovrngmom on Sep 20, 11 2:08 AM
Hello, I have several items in my inventory suchas hammer, axe, icepick, pliers, de-icer, meat, fisherman relic, urn, & lighter and cant do anything. I have climbed tree, swung like tarzan, paddled a boat to find a blithering half frozen guy, been snarled at by a wolf and almost electrocuted by fallen wires. Back at the house I cant get lights on to go in the basement, fireplace to lite; not even talking about code on suitcase, here in the wherever I am at I cannot get the microwave to work and cannot get the pence from the mausoleum (by the way I am loving this game). I have ran back and forth and cannot locate any sparkly lites, Im stuck.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 11 2:38 AM
You need hammer, nails, saw and a plank. Have you been to the boathouse recently?

ETA you must have a plank since the urn is from the second visit to the boathouse IIRC. In that case you passed a tree ...

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 2:40:36 AM PST

[Post New]by recovrngmom on Sep 20, 11 4:58 AM
I have climbed the tree already and got the piece of paper. I dont know the abbreviations so please if you dont mind type out what you mean. I have since typing the first time, fed the wolf, scraped the ledge received more inventory. tongs, reel, feather.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 20, 11 5:50 AM
Ok!
Did you use the piece of paper?

ETA = Edited To Add
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly
FWIW = For What It's Worth
YKWIM = You Know What I Mean

Those are in common usage.

Edited on 09/20/2011 at 5:50:38 AM PST

[Post New]by macgirl59 on Nov 17, 11 4:41 PM
I did not follow the walk through and now I need the kerosene which should be in the grocery store and the glue which should be in the basement. I already did the **** in the grocery basement and I cannot get the kerosene to show up. I know what to do with it if I can get it and light the lamp to get the cell phone. I have tried everything. Anyone know how to get the kerosene and glue?

[Post New]by Janiembr on Feb 21, 12 7:45 PM
I am on the farmhouse path,have picked up VHS, but cannot move forward as game tells me, the snow is too deep and I need snowshoes! Where are the snowshoes?

[Post New]by Janiembr on Feb 21, 12 7:53 PM
Kerosene is in hidden object scene, when you first enter grocery store,and glue is in basement of grocery store hidden object scene.

[Post New]by mustbeme on Apr 13, 12 2:42 PM
A couple of issues. Some how I missed the Potato chips and now I can't find them. I also lost my hammer somehow, so I can't get the rabbit head. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Dauntless238 on Jun 28, 12 10:30 AM
Janiembr wrote:I am on the farmhouse path,have picked up VHS, but cannot move forward as game tells me, the snow is too deep and I need snowshoes! Where are the snowshoes?

The shoes shoes are behind the grill on the in the shop use the car jack to open it and get them out

Chapter 4 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by Dauntless238 on Jun 28, 12 11:35 AM
cashionashley28 wrote:
bfgCelebes wrote:Chapter 4 starts at the frozen river and ends at the upstairs hallway.

Use this space to discuss Chapter 4 and trade tips and tricks!
I need help i am stuck on the suitcase in the bedroom would someone please tell me where the phone number is or what it is? And where do u get the wood to the fireplace i have the lighter but no wood???????????

You need to get the generator going first and attached the phone to the charger in the nautical room - the number 2731

[Post New]by ParanoidPyro on Jan 31, 14 11:16 PM
Stuck in bonus chapter. Didn't get a chance to grab 3rd plank at fireplace after getting ring from pouring water on it. It automatically pushed me out and I can't zoom back in. Help

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 1, 14 10:09 PM
ParanoidPyro wrote:Stuck in bonus chapter. Didn't get a chance to grab 3rd plank at fireplace after getting ring from pouring water on it. It automatically pushed me out and I can't zoom back in. Help

Hi ParanoidPyro! Welcome to the forum!

I'd love to try to help you, but I'm a little confused as to where you are and what you are trying to do. Firstly, there is no bonus chapter per se in this game, just bonus game play (i.e. other things to do while playing through the main game). (Also, you are in the standard edition forum for this game, and games with bonus content are Collector's editions which are separate forums.)

Also, I don't recall a ring in a fireplace or a fire in one that is put out with water. You do put out a fire in a fireplace with a fire extinguisher, but you get ashes from that. Now, I will admit it has been a looooong time since I played this game, so I'm sure I don't remember very well, but if you could give some more info as to where you are exactly (there are 2 fireplaces in this game) and what you are doing, maybe I can try to help.

[Post New]by andlarr on Mar 11, 14 2:29 AM
Hi,

I have the fire extinguisher but i cant get the animals head to explode?? what am i doing wrong?

[Post New]by andlarr on Mar 11, 14 4:02 PM
given up now, shame as it had me gripped for days!!

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 4:03:18 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 12, 14 6:33 AM
andlarr wrote:Hi,

I have the fire extinguisher but i cant get the animals head to explode?? what am i doing wrong?
Hi andlarr! Welcome to the forum! When you say "get the animals head to explode" do you mean knock the bunny statue's head off? If so, you must have the Collector's Edition for that part to work as that is part of the bonus play.

If you are looking at the CE walkthrough you will definitely see info that will be confusing if you have the standard edition and not the CE. You can copy and paste the URL below to get to the walkthrough for the SE without the confusing CE info:
http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/walkthrough/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-game-walkthrough/

I hope that helps and you decide to give this great game another try!!

EDIT: OH! I just realized you probably mean the animal in the museum!!! Don't worry if you can't get it to explode (you have to click on it quite a bit!), it's not necessary for game play progression. You should be able to just carry on with your game whether the head explodes or not. It's a kind of easter egg, something fun to do within the game, but has nothing to do with the game itself.

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 7:54:18 PM PST

Go to: