margaretm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by margaretm on Jan 1, 10 4:49 PM
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED ME WIHT THE GAME. I AM FINISHED AND IT WAS FUN. HAD A LITTLE TROUBLE WITH HE RIDDLES BUT GOT THROUGH IT. THANKS BIG FISH FOR A FUN GAME

MARGARETM

plb1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

Re:Chapter 5 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by plb1 on Jan 3, 10 11:45 AM
I defrosted the door lock at the farmhouse. Where is the key to get in.
I have been going everywhere and can't find it.

Please help.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 10 11:59 AM
plb1 wrote:I defrosted the door lock at the farmhouse. Where is the key to get in.
I have been going everywhere and can't find it.

Please help.

The key is in the first HOG scene you encounter when you enter the farmhouse.

plb1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by plb1 on Jan 3, 10 12:51 PM
Thanks for replying .. but I can't get INTO the farmhouse. The door
doesn't open. I tried using the hammer on the door but that didn't work.

Do I go back to another area to find a key to open the farmhouse door?
If so ... where exactly?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 10 1:03 PM
plb1 wrote:Thanks for replying .. but I can't get INTO the farmhouse. The door

If so ... where exactly?

Are you sure you're at the farmhouse and not the barn. The door to the farmhouse is already open when you arrive. All you have to do is walk in. The barn door is frozen and locked. You need a deicer which you should have found in the dumpster near the graveyard and a key which you will find in the farmhouse.

plb1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by plb1 on Jan 3, 10 2:04 PM
plb1 wrote:Thanks for replying .. but I can't get INTO the farmhouse. The door

If so ... where exactly?

I went bacj to the house and found the other way in!!

[Post New]by Adam79 on Feb 1, 10 5:15 PM
I need help i can not get the generator to start. I have tried everything. Please help me.

[Post New]by linellen on Mar 12, 10 12:19 PM
how do you get past the wire that's elelctric at the fork in the road after the graveyard, i've tried wire cutters (and everything else in my inventory!!)

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 12, 10 3:06 PM
linellen wrote:how do you get past the wire that's elelctric at the fork in the road after the graveyard, i've tried wire cutters (and everything else in my inventory!!)

When you go into the upstairs room of the museum, you can go out on the window ledge and complete a puzzle that will turn off the power to the live wires. You must use an ice scraper before you can go on the ledge.

[Post New]by TeeChip on Mar 22, 10 8:41 AM
I am in the living room with the fire blazing and I'm supposed to use the fire ext. to put it out, but I back tracked and my fire ext. is still in its place although the glass is broken....and it's not in my inventory....what next?

Edited on 03/22/2010 at 8:44:24 AM PST

[Post New]by TeeChip on Mar 22, 10 8:45 AM
TeeChip wrote:I am in the living room with the fire blazing and I'm supposed to use the fire ext. to put it out, but I back tracked and my fire ext. is still in its place although the glass is broken....and it's not in my inventory....what next?

[Post New]by zenbuttahphly on Apr 14, 10 8:48 AM
okay i have: wire clippers, fishermans relic, hunters relic, blacksmiths relic, snow shoes, tape reel, glue, wooden beam, urn with ashes, lit lantern, sunflower seeds and the feather and i am SO stuck! i have found the lawnmower but i need to find something to get the spark plug out...can some one give me a hint? i think ive done all the HOG for the moment. AND i broke the thermometer earlier in the game, but i have no idea what i am supposed to do with the mercury. Just hints please....no spoliers thanks!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 14, 10 5:03 PM
zenbuttahphly wrote:okay i have: wire clippers, fishermans relic, hunters relic, blacksmiths relic, snow shoes, tape reel, glue, wooden beam, urn with ashes, lit lantern, sunflower seeds and the feather and i am SO stuck! i have found the lawnmower but i need to find something to get the spark plug out...can some one give me a hint? i think ive done all the HOG for the moment. AND i broke the thermometer earlier in the game, but i have no idea what i am supposed to do with the mercury. Just hints please....no spoliers thanks!

Go into the farmhouse. Use the wooden beam across the gap in the floor. In the drawer in the bureau you will find a wrench to get the spark plug.

[Post New]by lcmperks on May 31, 10 3:17 PM
anyone know what i do with the feather snow shoes, vase with ahes, sunflower seeds, sea sale, mercury filled vial
i would appreciate any help
thank you

[Post New]by vetsterr on Jul 16, 10 9:37 AM
couple of questions: how do i get the snow shoes out to be able to get to the farmhouse & should i already know the code to get into the car's glove box? Thanks

[Post New]by bodger3 on Jul 19, 10 10:53 AM
i fed a steak to the wolf not potato chips-- can anyone tell me how to get the phone number to open the suitcase in the bedroom-
and what do i do now i have broken the themometer on the front door.
thank you .
chris

no potato chips

[Post New]by ChandaAnn1 on Aug 7, 10 10:31 AM
patinmass77 wrote:I've gotten through chapter 5 and never got a bag of potato chips...which is now impeding my progress in chapter 6. I've gone back to the hunting lodge where the kerosene lantern was and never found a hidden object section. Also (and perhaps its related), I haven't been able to smash the bunny's head with the hammer. No matter how many times I do it, nothing happens. Thanks so much!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

no potato chips

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 7, 10 5:24 PM
ChandaAnn1 wrote:
patinmass77 wrote:I've gotten through chapter 5 and never got a bag of potato chips...which is now impeding my progress in chapter 6. I've gone back to the hunting lodge where the kerosene lantern was and never found a hidden object section. Also (and perhaps its related), I haven't been able to smash the bunny's head with the hammer. No matter how many times I do it, nothing happens. Thanks so much!

None of this is in the regular version. If you do not have the CE you need to start using the walkthrough from this forum instead of the one for the CE.

no potato chips

[Post New]by AsahinaX on Sep 15, 10 11:20 PM

You have to hit the bunny's head 10 times. Then get the head. Next go to the grocery store, go upstairs and you can find the microwave. Put the head inside the microwave. See what happens. Good luck on that.

[Post New]by brandiglenn on Jan 23, 11 3:33 PM
please help. i can't get generator started. read walkthrough. did everything right. spark plug just kind of flew in, it may not have gone in right place. how would i start it over, without starting whole game over.any helps?

Go to: