nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Chapter 6 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 14, 09 11:51 AM
mmartin3745 wrote:
mmartin3745 wrote:Has anyone gotten to the cell phone part??? I have tried the generator several times, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this part??? thank you.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH HOW TO GET THE GENERATOR STARED??? i have followed everything to the "T." Im wondering if its not working because i had already gone and plugged the charger into the wall in the Nautical bedroom before i got did the generator. I don't know. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

On another post someone said to set part A and B then move away and come back to finish it. Don't know if this works or not because I didn't have a problem with it. At first I couldn't start it because I had not set A and B correctly.

[Post New]by Rasenna611 on Dec 14, 09 9:33 PM
I have given up on the bunny, hate that bunny! I never did get a Hidden Objects scene in the lodge for the potato chips, I hope that wasn't a key part of the game.

The generator is giving me fits. I do it like the manual says and then like MArgie B. suggested in the blog walk-through. Does anyone else have any idea what to do with that stupid thing. Green switch turned on with the bigger part to the left or to the right? I know the bottom switch is to be up, 4x for priming, 2x for vertical switch and then 3x pulls to start it. None of it works. I'm going to bed, nite all!

Sara

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 15, 09 7:19 AM
I didn't have any problem with it. If you got the 6.99 version, the chips and bunny don't have any purpose. The green switch goes with the big side on the left side. It took me twice to start it, the second time I did the last 3 steps very quickly and it started right up.

cayman23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cayman23 on Dec 15, 09 3:34 PM
cminmd wrote:In my version you got the frozen steak from the nasty freezer in the basement of the store in town (not the one by the fountain). You had to thaw the steak in the microwave, then you can toss it to the wolf so you can take the path to the hunting lodge.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 15, 09 4:31 PM
cayman23 wrote:
cminmd wrote:In my version you got the frozen steak from the nasty freezer in the basement of the store in town (not the one by the fountain). You had to thaw the steak in the microwave, then you can toss it to the wolf so you can take the path to the hunting lodge.

Did you have a question?

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Dec 16, 09 7:00 AM
I can't get generator started. Have checked the walk through and watched the video to no avail. I attached spark plug a while ago and also plugged in the cell phone charger already. does that kill the whole game? thanks for any help.

[Post New]by bellafemme on Dec 16, 09 7:56 AM
Help! I have thawed the ice on the bridge but still can't cross! It says it's too slippery. I have tried using the snowshoes and the salt to no avail, what do I do?!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 16, 09 11:26 AM
bellafemme wrote:Help! I have thawed the ice on the bridge but still can't cross! It says it's too slippery. I have tried using the snowshoes and the salt to no avail, what do I do?!

Have you tried going on across. I think mine said it was slippery but that didn't stop my progress. If you have an arrow, you can proceed.

[Post New]by mystifymh on Dec 16, 09 8:03 PM
I have already used my hammer to get the fire extinguisher. It is no longer in the inventory. How do I get a hammer to use on the rabbit statue?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 17, 09 5:19 AM
mystifymh wrote:I have already used my hammer to get the fire extinguisher. It is no longer in the inventory. How do I get a hammer to use on the rabbit statue?

In the regular version you do not hit the bunny's head. Check out the new walkthrough which leaves out all the CE extras.

[Post New]by starward1 on Dec 17, 09 9:34 AM
I still can't get in to the managers office. Put the matress down the hole and nothing happens except to thank me for playing the game

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 17, 09 12:07 PM
starward1 wrote:I still can't get in to the managers office. Put the matress down the hole and nothing happens except to thank me for playing the game

You should get a down arrow that gets you into the office.

[Post New]by crawfora on Dec 20, 09 11:46 AM
I've applied the glue to the torch and have found a great patch material, but I don't have anything that will cut off a piece. All I have is pliers and it won't let me use that. Where do I find some scissors or knife or whatever it is that I need?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 20, 09 4:56 PM
crawfora wrote:I've applied the glue to the torch and have found a great patch material, but I don't have anything that will cut off a piece. All I have is pliers and it won't let me use that. Where do I find some scissors or knife or whatever it is that I need?

The pliers are actually wire cutters. They will work . You just have to find the right spot on the hose. Click somewhere around the middle. I know it would make sense to cut the end.

[Post New]by DrElektra on Dec 21, 09 2:29 PM
Help! I've given the wolf the frozen meat and now it's gone from my inventory. Will I need to start all over again or is there a way to get some more frozen meat to defrost in the microwave?

Thanks!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 21, 09 3:27 PM
DrElektra wrote:Help! I've given the wolf the frozen meat and now it's gone from my inventory. Will I need to start all over again or is there a way to get some more frozen meat to defrost in the microwave?

Thanks!

Go back and look in front of the wolf. Your froze4n meat will be on the ground.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:13 AM
nwl43 wrote:
apples16951 wrote:Okay. So in the standard edition there's no rabbit head in the microwave, no chips for the wolf. So how do I get to the ruins, pray tell?????

Don't know because I don't know what you've done so far, but the rabbit and the chips have nothing to do with getting to the ruins.

To get to the ruins you need to go back to the house and turn on the generator. Then go to the basement of the manager's office where you need to repair what looks like a blow torch using the glue from the mill and a piece of tubing from the garden hose hanging there. Then you can burn the ice away from the bridge.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:15 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:I can't figure out how to get to the ruins. Anyone? The bridge is iced over and I don't see anything in my inventory that will help me.

To get to the ruins you need to go back to the house and turn on the generator. Then go to the basement of the manager's office where you need to repair what looks like a blow torch using the glue from the mill and a piece of tubing from the garden hose hanging there. Then you can burn the ice away from the bridge.

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:20 AM
mmartin3745 wrote:Has anyone gotten to the cell phone part??? I have tried the generator several times, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this part??? thank you.

You should have found the cell phone and sparkplug at the farmhouse. Using the instructions located in the chest in the first room on the right you should be able to turn on the generator. Plug the phone charger (located in the main room on your second visit) into the outlet in the first room on the right. Attached the phone, solve the puzzle and combo to the suitcase is revealed

mcox2
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by mcox2 on Dec 22, 09 2:24 AM
mmartin3745 wrote:

CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH HOW TO GET THE GENERATOR STARED??? i have followed everything to the "T." Im wondering if its not working because i had already gone and plugged the charger into the wall in the Nautical bedroom before i got did the generator. I don't know. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

No it doesn't matter if the charger is already plugged in. Remember the order, plug in the sparkplug (located outside the farmhouse), flip the green switch (located on the left), flip the metal switch just below it, push the red button 4 times (located right), pull down the lever near the top 2 times and finally pull the generator cord 3 times and presto

Go to: