Chapter 7 discussion thread

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 3:23 PM
GoldDuctWoman wrote:I am at the end and have the mercury and the stone popped up but my vial of mercury wont fit in the stone. Anyone know whats wrong??
Have you gone back to the hotel and broken the thermometer and put the mercury in the glass vial?

AsiaMinor
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by AsiaMinor on Dec 13, 09 5:43 PM
I'm at the end.....but am missing TWO video tapes. HELP!?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 13, 09 5:58 PM
AsiaMinor wrote:I'm at the end.....but am missing TWO video tapes. HELP!?

The last two video tapes won't be found until after you cross the icy bridge.

[Post New]by moejoe7117 on Dec 13, 09 8:06 PM
Having trouble with the ruins puzzle, not sure how to find out how high my peices should be. Got that pattern comes from computer. Tried all possible patterns need help.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 8:16 PM
moejoe7117 wrote:Having trouble with the ruins puzzle, not sure how to find out how high my peices should be. Got that pattern comes from computer. Tried all possible patterns need help.
There are 4 columns and 4 rows on the grid on your crime computer where the videos are stored after you find them. Look at that grid and note the position of each of the 4 shapes that you have found. Note which row and column they are in on the crime computer grid.

Then go to the ruins and you will see the 4 column slots and round stone disks on the walls around the column slots. The object is to put the 4 shapes that you have found into the same positions that they are on the crime computer grid. To do this you can use the round stone disks to fill in the spaces in the column slots as needed in order to position the 4 shapes in the right spots.

[Post New]by kitty136 on Dec 13, 09 9:18 PM
Where is the walkthrogh for Dire Grove. How do you get to blog?

[Post New]by connierob on Dec 14, 09 3:52 AM
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 14, 09 4:40 AM
connierob wrote:
paco12348 wrote:I'm having a great time with the game but I'm stuck at the ruins. The book and a walkthrough do not match. I've tried both ways to unlock the gate to the tunnel but placement of the relics do not work. I've tried the book way and the walkthrough way. The walkthrough has the square and circle relic reversed. So far as I can see both are wrong. I've checked and doublechecked the placements and can't get it to work, Hope someone can help. I'm freezing to death out here.

If you are asking for help with this part, please see the post above yours by Lizzie K. She has given specific directions already. This is a random puzzle so you can't follow the walkthrough.

[Post New]by connierob on Dec 14, 09 11:30 AM
GoldDuctWoman wrote:I am at the end and have the mercury and the stone popped up but my vial of mercury wont fit in the stone. Anyone know whats wrong??

[Post New]by bessiemoo on Dec 16, 09 12:39 PM
i am all the way to the end. I have solved three riddles and now am on the one talking about the reaper. All i have in my inventory is the mercury and the snow shoes. Since im PRETTY sure its not the shoes, how is it the mercury? Did I miss something? I never got the candy machine to work? Is that it?? HELP!!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 16, 09 1:39 PM
bessiemoo wrote:i am all the way to the end. I have solved three riddles and now am on the one talking about the reaper. All i have in my inventory is the mercury and the snow shoes. Since im PRETTY sure its not the shoes, how is it the mercury? Did I miss something? I never got the candy machine to work? Is that it?? HELP!!

It's the item from the candy machine. If you didn't get the three coins, you need to head back and do some more looking. 2 are found in HOG scenes and one is behind a fence in the graveyard. You also need an item from another HOG scene to get that coin. It sounds like you just need to go back over all the areas looking for HOGs. Sometimes there is a second HOG scene that will come up in previously visited areas.

[Post New]by onthecoast on Dec 16, 09 2:33 PM
Loved this game & just finished it without using any hints or strategy guides. I'm sooo proud! However, I still have the snowshoes in my inventory. Did I miss something?

[Post New]by bessiemoo on Dec 16, 09 2:39 PM
NWL43, Thanks for the advice. I went back and went through every single room and building, back up the tree, the works. I cant seem to find anything else. Oh well. Thanks anyway!!!

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 2:40:44 PM PST

[Post New]by bessiemoo on Dec 16, 09 3:22 PM
OMG.. I feel like such an idiot! I didnt see the gift shop. Ugh. Just finished!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 16, 09 4:03 PM
bessiemoo wrote:OMG.. I feel like such an idiot! I didnt see the gift shop. Ugh. Just finished!

I was getting ready to post and ask that very thing. Several posters have been surprised that they missed the gift shop. Glad you finished. Way to hang in there.

[Post New]by baglady159 on Dec 16, 09 7:54 PM
I just finished the game too and also have snowshoes still in my inventory. Guess we didn't need them after all or we missed something along the way that wasn't too important to the game.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 17, 09 11:14 AM
Well, it's taken me a whole week to go through the game from start to finish without using hints, and completing all the puzzles. (If I get anything wrong or have to skip puzzles or lose my way .. I just have to to start again) .. and I was finally in the room beyond the portal with the remains of the banshee thing, and I'd completed all the riddles.
I was ALMOST there.

EXCEPT I didn't realise there were FIVE rooms and I didn't know what on earth to do with the vial of mercury (or the snowshoes .. what WERE they for??). So I retraced all my steps over and over again, trying to figure out what I'd missed. I was totally stuck for hours.

In the end, I'd had enough, and went to exit the game. And the currsor froze .. and there was this awful whirry sound, and then my computer crashed.

I rebooted, went to play the final scene again .. and all my progress had been wiped out (something about the profile watsit being corrupted).

SO .. I've got to uninstall the game and reinstall it again.

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!
JO

[Post New]by loubylou44 on Dec 17, 09 12:09 PM
bessiemoo wrote:OMG.. I feel like such an idiot! I didnt see the gift shop. Ugh. Just finished!

What gift shop, I've not found a gift shop!!! Anyone help me please....I need that third coin and it must be in the gift shop.

Louise UK

[Post New]by majjie on Dec 17, 09 4:47 PM

I am having the same problem, let me know if you find out the answer.
Thanks

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 17, 09 4:50 PM
majjie wrote:

I am having the same problem, let me know if you find out the answer.
Thanks

Have you actually filled the vial with mercury. Think thermometer.

Go to: