govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:I feel so betrayed! (read quickly!)

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 11, 09 12:31 PM
Welcome to my world

eleonor, leaving wont help. Stay and fight for yourself and other BIg Fish members so future games maybe we do not have to go through all this.
Many people have an issue on how the CE was handled from the time of release, method of payment and now to game content.

It is hard to muster support about it because so many here will defend Big Fish no matter what but there are people that will be vocal and perhaps Big Fish will listen eventually....

Kalavinka
Clownfish
Clownfish
683 Posts

[Post New]by Kalavinka on Dec 11, 09 12:32 PM
While the objects themselves were fun, the video sucked. It was not woth the time or the extra money..... Because of the video, I will be reluctant to buy the CE versions of games in the future-- It was almost as if someone was thinking "gee these people will accept anything!" It was just some guy running around a standard office/cubicle complex with a DVR-- of somewhat low image quality. Of course, this is just my opinion and also I enjoyed the game.

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Dec 11, 09 12:34 PM
Kalavinka wrote:I doubt Solzhenitzen would even care about a video game-- considering that he was a political prisoner beaten to within an inch of his life and imprisoned for 8 years in a Soviet labor camp. Sorry-- but in my opinion the comparison lacks perspective. A game is just a game-- IT IS NOT A REAL CAUSE. I do, however, think that the morphing objects were rather fun and am sad that they are left out of the 6.99 version of the game. Perhaps if there was a collective effort to petition BF-- they could decide to issue a download that includes the objects? This might be more constructive than simple anger and innuendos. Indeed, such energy and strenght of sentiment could be directed towards authentic change in the world.... Would not that be better?

Also, I do not think that this is about betrayal at all-- which seems melodramatic. Rather, it is simply about making money.

I coulden´t say it better.
Dramaqueens are always fun to read

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 11, 09 12:34 PM
bfgCelebes wrote:Hi eleanor,

As for moving it, as I said before, I'm only moving it depending on the direction it goes. If the discussion becomes more about the game than anything else, as we do with all other game threads, we'll move it to the official forum for that game. We do this as a standard procedure.

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

That's my whole point - it's not about the game per se. It's about the whole "CE" vs "regular" concept and the fact that we were very misled when it came to just what the difference between the two was. And if all those CE purchasers would be honest, what they were really willing to pay for was the chance to play it before "everyone else".

If bigfish is going to lie to us and start exercising "sharp practice" then they're not the company they were when I came here two years ago. How can we ever trust the to be straight with us after this?

paradoxno1
Flounder
Flounder
2,497 Posts

[Post New]by paradoxno1 on Dec 11, 09 12:37 PM
Hi eleanor step away from the computer and Make yourself the biggest ice-cream sundae you’ve ever seen. Decorate it with hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, whatever you like. Take a photo. Give it a name (“Eleanors Orgasmatron Cardiac Arrest Sundae”). Devour. Maybe without using your hands. Take a photo of that too and chill out thats the best thing to do when your feeling upset .

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Dec 11, 09 12:41 PM
suss1 wrote:
Kalavinka wrote:I doubt Solzhenitzen would even care about a video game-- considering that he was a political prisoner beaten to within an inch of his life and imprisoned for 8 years in a Soviet labor camp. Sorry-- but in my opinion the comparison lacks perspective. A game is just a game-- IT IS NOT A REAL CAUSE. I do, however, think that the morphing objects were rather fun and am sad that they are left out of the 6.99 version of the game. Perhaps if there was a collective effort to petition BF-- they could decide to issue a download that includes the objects? This might be more constructive than simple anger and innuendos. Indeed, such energy and strenght of sentiment could be directed towards authentic change in the world.... Would not that be better?

Also, I do not think that this is about betrayal at all-- which seems melodramatic. Rather, it is simply about making money.

I coulden´t say it better.
Dramaqueens are always fun to read

Y'all don't get it. It isn't about a game, it's about the attempt to cover up a questionable business practice.

And I am NOT a freakin' "drama queen". I don't make threats I don't mean to keep and I don't make "gestures".

I am genuinely distressed by the direction that the Big Fish company seems to be going, which is toward elitism and stomping on the little guy. How far from politics is that?

suss1
Clownfish
Clownfish
555 Posts

[Post New]by suss1 on Dec 11, 09 12:45 PM
And what is wrong about wanting to play it before anyone else??
I had the money for it, should I feel guilty about that??

bfgEuphrates
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Dec 11, 09 12:46 PM
Hi eleanor1183,

I completely understand the frustration here and trust me, there are a lot of people at Big Fish reading through the forums today to see what all of our customers have to say. Even if other BFG employees aren't posting, I'm confident that they are reading these posts. Although we might not be able to address your concerns with this specific title, all of Big Fish will definitely keep your feedback in mind for future games that we develop.

I'll also have to reiterate what Celebes has said, we do not want to silence anyone here, but since this is duplicate thread about a game, I will have to lock this thread up and move it over to the full game forum. This is the standard procedure that all of the moderators follow for duplicate threads.

Also, this thread has become quite heated and there have been some disrespectful posts, so I ask that anyone that wants to continue this thread here to please be respectful of other users.

If you have an opposing view on this subject, please just post that fact and do not address other users or defame them in any way.

Thank you!

bfgEuphrates

myrnastout
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,427 Posts

[Post New]by myrnastout on Dec 11, 09 12:46 PM
If you bought the ce version and couldn't use your credits there should be something extra some where. It wasn't to plat the game before the rest I thought I was getting more levels or something different. Now that is proble my dumb feeling, and not getting all the fax myself.

Go to: