mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by mszoomy on Dec 13, 09 11:44 AM
OMG, do you guys even read these forums BEFORE posting your comments!!! What do you do? Read the walkthrough BEFORE playing the game? You're wasting your time running around looking for stuff that's not even on your list because AGAIN, I say the following.........................

mszoomy wrote:I feel bad for you people but at the same time, do any of you actually read!!!

I assume you resorted to looking at the blog walkthrough for help when you got stuck. I did the same thing, but I read the the intro. And in the intro it is CLEARLY stated...
"This walkthrough contains bonus material available only in the Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Collector's Edition, as well as presenting a full walkthrough of the Standard Edition. "

Granted, it would be nice if they made notes as to what exactly was and was not needed for the less expensive version.
You shouldn't even have been looking for those items because you won't get the note found on the museum office floor which triggers the need for these items.
I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe instead of just getting all mad at BF, you might want to take a deep breath or a chill pill before going all rantatstic in the forums about something that wasn't their fault to begin with.

muffin48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by muffin48 on Dec 13, 09 11:51 AM
I agree with everyone. I bought the 6.99. Been a member fore over 3 years. This is not right. Everyone should get to play the whole game. I am so stuck. How do you get the generator to start.?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 13, 09 12:38 PM
The game is no different. The extras are.

You have to find the sparkplug. This is very late in the game, once you've been to the farmhouse.

[Post New]by iluvhaileigh on Dec 13, 09 1:52 PM
I am so happy to read that others cant find the chips, or the paper with the SKETCH on it, and cant get the rabbits head to come off.. so you are saying you can continue the game without doing all those things.. HOW? Can someone tell me what to do next then, cuz it says I m supposed to feed the chips to the wolf to get a hidden object game , same with the rabbit going into the microwave , your supposed to get a hidden object game there too.. how can you continue without doing this.. help..

MCFMEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

hidden objuct game in lodge re: potatoe chip's and also that darn rabbit head.

[Post New]by MCFMEM on Dec 13, 09 2:07 PM
nwl43 wrote:
auntj38 wrote:[b] okay...went through the game again and still can't find the hidden object game in the wolf lodge. Hit that darn rabbit head so many time's it's a wonder I didn't break the hammer. Need the potatoe chip's and the rabbit head to come off. This is more frustrating then The Return To Ravenhearst.

This is part of the extra level that was available in the CE and not the regular version.

I do not understand what you mean - available in the CE and not the regular version???? Clear that please.... I have trouble with potato chip and rabbit head also.

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Dec 13, 09 2:38 PM
There are 2 versions of this game the Collector's Edition for $20 or the regular game for $6.99. The ce version has some extras that are not in the regular version. You do not do the h.o. to get the potato chips and you do not do the rabbit head. You can still finish the game, but these objects are only used in the ce version.

AsiaMinor
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by AsiaMinor on Dec 13, 09 5:27 PM
Seems like the only difference between the two games are the rabbit head and the chips. Yeah, that's worth the extra $13! NOT!

I hope BigFish is reading this blog.......I'm just as pissed off as everyone else!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 13, 09 7:01 PM
I was not unhappy with the game until I spent a very long time looking for the note on the floor in the upstairs bedroom with Felix on it.

I have no problems with there being more in the CE version - that's what people paid the big bucks for. I DO have a problem with a walkthrough that does tells me to do things I cannot do!

For shame, BFG - you should treat your long time customers better than that! You could at least have put the CE stuff in red.

mszoomy
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by mszoomy on Dec 13, 09 7:08 PM
AsiaMinor wrote:Seems like the only difference between the two games are the rabbit head and the chips. Yeah, that's worth the extra $13! NOT!

I hope BigFish is reading this blog.......I'm just as pissed off as everyone else!

I agree about the price issue, it seems a little ridiculous. But I'm sure alot of people shelled out those extra bucks and that's what business is about, making money. The smart consumer sits back and takes it all in and doesn't act impulsively. Which is why I tend to wait about a week to actually buy a game. I wait for others to review it and then test it via the free limited download. In the case of Dire Grove I was smart enough to wait for the cheaper version and I'm glad I did.

What really steams my buns is the people in this thread who are so quick to blame B.F. [content removed by moderator]. To uninstall and the reinstall a game just because you can't find an item is just plain dumb. Or to spend hours playing, restarting and replaying the game in the hopes that a magic bag of chips shows up when you KNOW that there are 2 versions of the game. Only to then come to the forums and foam at the mouth about how bad B.F. is and to blame them and the manufacturer [content removed by moderator].

I've been a member for a year now and yes, there have been a few "bad" games with a few glitches. But you have to remember that B.F. doesn't make the games they only distribute it and although they test them sometimes glitches do get through the filters.
B.F. has the BEST customer service I have ever encountered and if there is a legitimate problem with a game they go above and beyond the call of duty to make you happy.
Unfortunatly in retail, "the customer is always right" and the people at customer service have to deal [content removed by moderator] with a smile and probably give you a game credit anyway [content removed by moderator]

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 8:39:14 AM PST

[Post New]by tiltawhirlygirly on Dec 13, 09 7:11 PM
I can't find the sea salt. Can anyone help?

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on Dec 13, 09 7:29 PM
mszoomy...I think you've got some nerve calling people stupid when they are following a walkthrough on Big Fish's Blog!!! that is written for the CE and makes no distinction as to what is found only in the CE...and then they come here confused and looking for help b/c they ARE FOLLOWING THE DARN WALKTHROUGH they are being directed to and can't find items that are supposedly there.

What's the first thing BF tells people to do when they have a supposed glitch...reinstall. That's what they are doing, b/c they think they have a glitch b/c they can't find something the walkthrough says is supposed to be there. Just another sign of how far in the wrong direction this whole CE experiment went.

Edited on 12/13/2009 at 7:32:00 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Dec 13, 09 8:34 PM
mszoomy, Perhaps you should read the forum rules about being respectful of others in the forum. Calling other BF customers stupid dunderheads is disrespectful.
Big Fish is the developer for this game as well as the distributor. BF developed all the of the MCF games.

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 9:11:39 AM PST

keystone1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by keystone1 on Dec 13, 09 11:52 PM
niya00 wrote:LMAO at myself!! Thank you nwl!! I've been banging away at the rabbits head! I can finally move on! loving the game!
Me to now that is really unfair! How we goina finish game>

keystone1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by keystone1 on Dec 14, 09 12:04 AM
slm1022 wrote:Big Fish Games should have disclaimers when the sell two different versions of a game just for the almighty buck.

I too have been bashing that poor rabbits head and going back and forth looking for the potato chips and now I find out I don't need them after all.....this is extremely frustrating and now I'm angry because I've wasted so much of my time looking for something that I didn't need anyway.

Next time you are trying to scalp people (and need I say in this troubled economy) please please please start with a disclaimer so we know we don't need the stupid morphing objects, the bunny head or the chips....what a waste of my time. I am ticked!
The thing Big Fish should have done was have a walkthrough for both versions. Thats what upsetting people the most. Looking for things it says in walkthrough its important to have like the felix sketch to finnish no wonder people are ticked looking for something they dont have to get.

[Post New]by connierufus on Dec 14, 09 12:43 AM
I have the same problem. I can not pick up morphing stuff. Frustrating!! I think we should get a free game because this one doesn't work right. I'm about ready to uninstall. Too much bull.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Dec 14, 09 2:07 AM
I can not pick up morphing stuff. Frustrating!! I think we should get a free game because this one doesn't work right. I'm about ready to uninstall.

Nothing in the standard version is supposed to morph. All of the "glitches" people are coming across seem to deal more with the confusing walk-through than the game itself.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 14, 09 3:00 AM
mszoomy wrote:
I've been a member for a year now and yes, there have been a few "bad" games with a few glitches. But you have to remember that B.F. doesn't make the games they only distribute it and although they test them sometimes glitches do get through the filters.
B.F. has the BEST customer service I have ever encountered and if there is a legitimate problem with a game they go above and beyond the call of duty to make you happy.
Unfortunatly in retail, "the customer is always right" and the people at customer service have to deal [content removed by moderator] with a smile and probably give you a game credit anyway [content removed by moderator]

Hi mszoomy
Big Fish DID make this game There is a legitimate complaint that the walkthrough is confusing and it is has not yet been fixed- At the moment you have to buy the $6.99 strategy guide to find out the exact differences between the basic and full versions. Or just buy the collectors edition where you get everything and a proper walkthrough from the start.
Also for the record- I did have a genuine problem with my collectors edition, a game bug that was not my fault and I did not get given a game credit-
but I will agree that I am a stupid customer for buying the collectors edition in the first place

Edited on 12/14/2009 at 8:41:05 AM PST

axogur
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by axogur on Dec 14, 09 6:10 AM
Won't go into my problems with the 6.99 version, as others already
did.

But like somebody else already mentioned more or less, I suggest
that BFG could/SHOULD (a.s.a.p. please) adjust at the beginning
of their Walkthrough for the CE and simpeler version of this game
in red just a few words which parts are ONLY for the CE version (or which parts are NOT for the 6.99 version).
As I think it would cost too much (time + money) to write a separate
Walkthrough for the 6.99 version as well.

HOPE BFG WILL READ THIS TOO; they are such a great team and
surely they will do all within their power to solve this problem and to
help and satisfy their customers.

I personally will stop playing this game for the time being for not
having any further frustrations (which indeed is a pity) and wait till
one of the Mods will post to let us know that things have been solved.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 14, 09 7:03 AM
LizzieK posted a thread about all of the differences. Because it's not stickied, it tends to drift down the forum. It will be visible for the time being.

[Post New]by wwothew on Dec 14, 09 7:38 AM
I have to agree with those who are disappointed with the standard version of DG. I have been studying scenes, waiting for stuff to change, thinking I'm mental cos I lost my hammer, trying desperately to find the felix clue in the museum. I am almost finished with the game. Madame Fate and RTR are still tops in comparison!

Go to: