phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:James Patterson's Women's Murder Club: comments and reviews

[Post New]by phatkhat on Dec 14, 09 12:00 PM
Bought it elsewhere and played it last summer. Waste of money. They recycled some of the minigames from #1, but made them MUCH easier. Put in arcade games that play like PacMan (skippable, fortunately), and all in all, not very innovative. I liked #2 best in the series, but that's me - give me more adventure and less HOs.

And yes, too many tiny objects in dark places. I thought this one was pretty lame compared to the first, though it is similar. Best to wait for it to be a DD!

stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Dec 14, 09 1:48 PM
played 45 minutes i am at investigation number 4 ( i've skip 2 cd's mini games i really don't like them), i think this game have a nice graphic, i like the comics like draw, but i find gameplay too repetitive, good game but not for me.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Dec 14, 09 1:59 PM
Just popped in to say that I agree with all regarding the similarity to all the other WMCs games. Sometimes sameness is OK. Checking out the walkthrough, I noticed that the mini-games are likewise the same. This is not a bad thing when it comes to these games. At least, you know what you're getting. I've purchased the other two and have played through 1-1/2 of them. While the storylines are always good, I get a little bored doing the same thing, particularly dealing with those dumb CDs -- LOL.

Rating this game series as a whole, I would have to give them my approval and a . However, I would like to see the developers change the game play just a little. -- Now that we have become skilled at the Map Puzzle, the CD Folder, and the Lab Analysis, what other challenges can the developer offer us?

I don't think that I will purchase this game, because I'm still a little bored with completing the 2nd of the first two that I've purchased. I would like to see something different in the game play before I purchase another WMC game.

So, my 2 free credits from last month are still burning in my pocket! --

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Dec 14, 09 2:12 PM
I've just finished the demo and got part way through the third investigation. As others have said, this is much the same as the other WMC games. Lots of repetition and very small objects to find, often in dark scenes. I enjoyed the CD mini game the first time, but I like a good puzzle. When it came up again, however, I kept wondering why we couldn't just pick up all of the various coloured CDs at once and at least have them ready to sort out. LOL The story is a good one and it is the story that keeps me travelling through these WMC games.

Not sure if I'll add this to the collection at this point. I do have the other 2... we'll see. LOL

mommy2ash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mommy2ash on Dec 14, 09 2:41 PM
just played the demo and i found it very disappointing. it has all the elements i enjoy in a game but with added irratating flaws. i find the point of view of the **** scenes makes it more difficult. you are looking down at the scene instead of being in it. also the scenes are very dark which makes me end up clicking randomly to try find objects. i dont think i will buy this game even though i would like to find out how it progresses but i dont think i could stick any more of the **** scenes.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 14, 09 3:00 PM
The game ran a bit slower than it should have. I don't know why. I have everything up-to-date-graphics card, etc. Because of that, I wouldn't buy it but I did like what I was able to play of the game. The graphics are good and the puzzles are interesting. I like that you can skip the puzzles.

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Dec 14, 09 3:26 PM
Loved this game - perfect graphics - great storyline, well done. Enjoyed it very much - I think it is the best of the three.

[Post New]by pratchettfan777 on Dec 14, 09 4:43 PM
No timer option to me = NO buy

fifegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fifegal on Dec 14, 09 5:06 PM
I wanted to like it, but the objects were just too small. Sorry, no buy for me.

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Dec 14, 09 7:51 PM
I also felt that it was too similar to the previous games. Plus the game kept momentarily freezing on me. Not killing the game, just my small enjoyment of it. No thanks... I pass.

kitkat725
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by kitkat725 on Dec 14, 09 10:42 PM
I purchased the game and love the story. However, every time I leave the game and then return to play I'm 3 steps back in the game play. The game doesn't pick up where I left off.

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Dec 14, 09 11:44 PM
I bought the last one and won't be making the same mistake twice. It's too easy, too short, and too repetitious. The same old lab game, the repeated CD game, it's really too bad, because I like the detective format. Unfortunately, I wouldn't even pony up if it were a daily deal.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Dec 15, 09 7:18 AM
I am not sure, if I want to buy this game yet. Maybe later. Its very similar to the two precious parts, clues are very tiny and not easy to see, minigames are boring. Not very interesting game for me.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Dec 15, 09 7:50 PM
Same complaint as with all the other WMC games - they are great but they just run FAR TOO SLOWLY! I click, then I wait, and wait....and wait some more, for nearly everything. The MCF games run fine on my machine, and they are far more intricate than these, so it must be a game issue versus a computer issue. I was so frustrated with this one, I just gave up after five minutes. ONE OF FIVE STARS.

[Post New]by 7chance on Dec 15, 09 8:05 PM
this is so similar to many games i dislike the dark colors and see no reason to find objects that come in numbers...i will pass on this one .

Edited on 12/15/2009 at 8:07:34 PM PST

[Post New]by Annabelle0926 on Dec 16, 09 1:58 AM
Just got through with the demo & am going to buy it. I didn't find the scenes too dark or the objects too small. I liked the cd games. I hope there are going to be more games in this series. Now if they'd only put Women's Murder Club back on television. I loved that show!

meatbun66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by meatbun66 on Dec 16, 09 3:50 PM
I love the WMC series. I bought it also. Again, another very well made game!! Highly recommended for purchase.

[Post New]by kmpals on Dec 17, 09 11:50 AM
Just finished. Thought there would be more, but it just starts all over again. Doesn't seem worth buying if you play the same game over and over.

[Post New]by StephieT224 on Dec 19, 09 2:31 PM
I am on Investigation 4 and can NOT find the leaf, can anyone help!?!? Thanks!

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Dec 22, 09 7:47 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Seems to be a lovely game, but - dark screens and 5 hints per investigation?? That was the last straw which broke the camel's back... .

Enjoy, good eyes...

Agree wholeheartedly. Dark screens make it impossible for me to enjoy the game. No sale.

Go to: