Experiencing a bug

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Experiencing a bug

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Jan 10, 10 2:03 PM
I'm still having same problem, have contacted tech support,... still waiting.. VERY disappointing.. Though I keep trying!! ughhhhh

ctippy1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by ctippy1 on Jan 10, 10 2:04 PM
ctippy1 wrote:Am having a problem, even deleted the game and reinstalled it.. lost all people and started over.. still having same problem as everyone else, slow people, having to Re-skill people and not able to complete game.. any fixes??? happy new Year!

Still going on the same problem... anyone gots new ideas??? Like a refund ???

[Post New]by ambie719 on Jan 18, 10 7:03 PM
Same problem after reading the journal, did anyone hear from tech support?

[Post New]by morgaine75 on Jan 19, 10 11:34 AM
I also have this problem. But only with my winxp laptop. but it works on my other pc with win7. so i think it's a xp problem.

[Post New]by babj13 on Jan 20, 10 10:36 AM
morgaine75 wrote:I also have this problem. But only with my winxp laptop. but it works on my other pc with win7. so i think it's a xp problem.

?????

A new game cannot have any problem to work with XP!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 20, 10 12:18 PM
Hey Fishies,

For those of you who have lost your progress when reinstalling the game, I want to let everyone know that this is a known issue that we're currently looking in to.

If you've lost all your save data when reinstalling this game, please contact Customer Support to let them know.

For those of you who are experiencing other technical issues or if your game crashes, please double check that your system meets the game requirements found on the game page and that you're running the most up to date drivers for your machine. It's possible that this could be another issue with the game, but it really never hurts to stay up to date!

The following help articles will walk you through getting these updates:

Frequent Crashing of Game

Game Requirements

If you're still experiencing technical issues, it might be time to write in a support ticket. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Cheers!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by ginnyjoe5 on Jan 27, 10 1:25 AM
I am getting the same error message after the journal is found. The date 27 Jan 2010. Who is going to fix this OR REFUND my money. Thank you.

[Post New]by Lee_31 on Feb 13, 10 2:16 PM
I am having the same problem when I got to the journal it shut down and won't let me go on. Any one get an answer?

[Post New]by chinadoll414 on Mar 21, 10 11:19 PM
I should have read this forum BEFORE purchasing this game. I too am getting an error message and game shutdown upon finding the journal. I have Vista, meet all the game requirements, have no trouble running any other games. The other posts in this thread are from months ago. What's the deal? Will there ever be a fix/ patch/ workaround for this bug, or have I just wasted a game credit and hours of my time??

Edited on 03/21/2010 at 11:19:47 PM PST

[Post New]by winkm33 on May 14, 10 2:23 PM
morgaine75 wrote:I also have this problem. But only with my winxp laptop. but it works on my other pc with win7. so i think it's a xp problem.

Ahhhhhhh....I am experiencing this journal bug on my laptop running Win7....but, my netbook running winxp is fine. Go figure.....?
-winkm33

[Post New]by winkm33 on May 21, 10 1:57 PM
A SOLUTION THAT WORKED: UNINSTALL AND THEN REINSTALL. Worked like a charm. -winkm33

[Post New]by annamarie246 on Aug 11, 12 9:56 PM
I just bought this game and like others, wished i had read this forum. I have google chrome and windows 7. Tried to follow instructions by bfgZambezi about trying to change the graphic settings for windows 7 and when i got to try to change the compatibility of the game to xp, there was no compatibility setting button to push, so i am at a standstill, and am puzzled with all the postings here of problems, why they (the creators of this game) have not updated it, with all the glitches out?!! Its a good game, if i could just get past Ben reading his fathers journal, and as to an artist colony 2, hope it will be a bug free experience. I really dont want to have to uninstall and reinstall and lose all the time i have put into this game, am a novice on the computor so if any of you have found an easier way to fix this, please post here!Thanks.

[Post New]by gracieann11 on Aug 21, 12 5:03 PM
I originally installed this from BFG a few days ago. I would not work on my computer which is about 6 months old. I uninstalled it and then installed it from another game site. I got the exact same error message. Note that today is August 18, 2012.

This apparently is a known issue. If you look at the posts in this discussion, this has literally gone on for YEARS.

If it isn't fixed by now, chances are that it never will be and it needs to be removed from the site.

One last thing: I've installed games from BFG older than this one and never had a bit of problems with them on my new computer.

Go to: