More Red Stones!!!

GemmaJ
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:More Red Stones!!!

[Post New]by GemmaJ on Mar 10, 16 11:26 AM
i have to say, I started this challenge with no red stones, no pearls, and 20,000 coins. I have diligently sent out 6 balloons a day (to Toy Island and Unicorn Island only), and converted green, blue, and yellow stones to get to red. My castle is finished except for two upgrades, and the Alluring Amber for those is being made now.

I have 18 red stones and at least that many yellow and blue, 45,000 coins, and have added a few pieces of crafting equipment.

I'm not sharing this to brag...just to say it can be done. I haven't gotten discouraged when I get only green and blue stones one day; I just work my plan consistently. I fill my market several times a day (mostly with basic items from the mine, milk machine,and sawmill), and actively shop with and help my followers and friends. I ignore villager and board requests that are ridiculous. I fill those that I can do without stress, and let the Wizards' flowers and mushrooms add to my XP. I send the diver out three times a day, and buy from Ollie every time he's selling. I put extra basalt bits in my market, or make basalt blocks for my market.

This challenge is a difficult one, especially for newer players, but if you work a strategy over days and weeks, you will get what you need to complete it. Just don't give up! The one exception I would make is if you're a new player with few resources (magic fountains, diver, balloons) I would ignore the castle for now and just keep on opening new areas from before the update and increas your magic for now.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 11, 16 11:24 AM
Fairy_penguin wrote:I hope by pointing this out that the developers don't change the formula. I've noticed that the XP per item is the determining factor in which stone is returned. Crates with XP items of 84 will return either blue or yellow. But anything above 90 will return a red stone. So if all islands are under 85, I wait the 12 hours or whatever for the delivery time to expire and see what comes up next. Time consuming yes, but if I want assurance I will get a red stone I wait.

From my experience, the XP has nothing to do with what stones you get back from the balloons. None of my balloons have ever given XP above the 60s and I have in the past gotten a mixture of green, blue, and yellow stones.

It's only been the last 5-6 weeks that I have received just green stones back from balloons and the islanders. I just figured that in the last few updates that were made the red stone drop rate got tweaked and BF made it too rare or difficult to actually receive them.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 11, 16 11:38 AM
Purdyenough wrote:The game has gotten worse since update. I have a villager that wants 6 glasses and or pallets for a green stone. That's 7 hours on pallets alone. And then your production halts because you need pallets to make items. What happened to orange juice, stew and salads. I haven't got one villager that wants that. They have been all greedy and needy.

I agree. This the balance I've been talking about. If you (the game's developer) make it harder and more time consuming to fill islander requests and balloons then you have to up the reward for those new challenges.

It's not fair to any player (new or old) to make tasks more difficult but add zero helpful items which are necessary to complete them. It's decreasing the incentive for people to play. Make all that hard work worth the effort that's involved.

[Post New]by Sweetieaud on Mar 11, 16 12:12 PM
I am also having issues with the pink stones ive not had any since the 1st of march so on the 3rd march i emailed big fish who told me to make sure i had closed all other windows on my i pad which i did i emailed them back but still no reply ( how can i carry on the game if i cant move on, i need to make alluring amber so can do the palace this game is getting so frustrating i feel like deleting the lot but with all my efforts and on level 54 i do want to carry on.

GameLvr30 how can you make pink stones in the alchemist booth please, i only have green white or blue
Thanks

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 11, 16 12:14 PM
GemmaJ - I'm sure your suggestions will work great for higher level players but I don't see it working for the new or low level players. You're using Toy Island to get the best stones and that is just impossible for low level players to access.

I'm a mid-range player and I still haven't opened Toy Island for the lack of red stones I'm receiving which are now mandatory requirements in order to complete the building and land upgrades. All of which you need to increase your magic, so that you can open new land, which gives you the island that gives the best stones.

It's really ridiculous that an item which is needed so much in the game (red stones) is only given with consistency in a place (Toy Island) that can only be reached by having already used dozens of red stones to gain access to it. At this rate, by the time I open Toy island, I won't even need the red stones as much as I do now which just shows the imbalance of this game.

I also disagree with the suggestion to ignore the palace until almost everything else is upgraded. Even with all of the ways to get amber and basalt right now people are still having a hard time making bricks to complete the palace.

I can't imagine what it will be like when the time expires on the help from balloons. If people wait too long, it may take them months to complete the palace because of the difficulty of accumulating those amber and basalt bits.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Mar 11, 16 12:25 PM
Sweetieaud wrote:I am also having issues with the pink stones ive not had any since the 1st of march so on the 3rd march i emailed big fish who told me to make sure i had closed all other windows on my i pad which i did i emailed them back but still no reply ( how can i carry on the game if i cant move on, i need to make alluring amber so can do the palace this game is getting so frustrating i feel like deleting the lot but with all my efforts and on level 54 i do want to carry on.

GameLvr30 how can you make pink stones in the alchemist booth please, i only have green white or blue
Thanks

Sweetieaud - You need three of each stone to make one of another color. Once you have three stones, go to the Alchemist's Bench, and drag the stone of whatever color you want to transform into the production box (or whatever it's called) and wait for it to finish. Voila, you've transformed your stones.

Here's the break down of the stones and the time needed to complete them...

3 Green Stones = 1 Blue Stone (1 Hour production time)
3 Blue Stones = 1 Yellow Stone (2 Hour production time)
3 Yellow Stones = 1 Red Stone (3 Hour production time)

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by Purdyenough on Mar 11, 16 12:25 PM
Don't use stones to open toy island. Use help. Costs less and help is free. I wanes to the game andspent rel money for stones to open it. I learned to ask for help. I would have Sverdlovsk of money.

[Post New]by Sweetieaud on Mar 11, 16 2:31 PM
Thank you for the info GameLvr30 i never knew this, but will try that

GameLvr30 wrote:
Sweetieaud wrote:I am also having issues with the pink stones ive not had any since the 1st of march so on the 3rd march i emailed big fish who told me to make sure i had closed all other windows on my i pad which i did i emailed them back but still no reply ( how can i carry on the game if i cant move on, i need to make alluring amber so can do the palace this game is getting so frustrating i feel like deleting the lot but with all my efforts and on level 54 i do want to carry on.

Thanks

Sweetieaud - You need three of each stone to make one of another color. Once you have three stones, go to the Alchemist's Bench, and drag the stone of whatever color you want to transform into the production box (or whatever it's called) and wait for it to finish. Voila, you've transformed your stones.

Here's the break down of the stones and the time needed to complete them...

3 Green Stones = 1 Blue Stone (1 Hour production time)
3 Blue Stones = 1 Yellow Stone (2 Hour production time)
3 Yellow Stones = 1 Red Stone (3 Hour production time)

Hope that helps!

Go to: