nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Walkthrough now available for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 5, 10 4:31 PM
sixmilecoss wrote:ok, can somebody tell me where i find the car jack to lift the gate to get to the snowshoes. i have been thru everything and even scanned thru the walkthrough and i see nothing about the car jack to lift the grate.

Did you open the car trunk at the very beginning of the game?

[Post New]by Deeslena on Jan 5, 10 6:37 PM
Mr. Russ,
I am talking about the truck of the car. I am also having problems with the task bar for the inventory and items. The inventory task bar cannot be seen and the item task bar is only showing 1/2 of the items to locate. I talked with the customer service chat line and all he could suggest was to uninstall and reinstall the game, which I did and the problem is still occurring.

[Post New]by Deeslena on Jan 5, 10 6:38 PM
nw143,

I wan unable to open the car truck at the beginning as the inventory task bar cannot be seen and I cannot not get it to lift.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 5, 10 7:03 PM
Deeslena wrote:nw143,

I wan unable to open the car truck at the beginning as the inventory task bar cannot be seen and I cannot not get it to lift.

Were you able to open the glove compartment and get the key for the trunk?

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Jan 5, 10 8:33 PM
no, i didn't but i will try that and let you know it that works. thank you.

[Post New]by Deeslena on Jan 6, 10 7:33 PM
nw143,

I was able to open the glove compartment, but as for the key, when I placed the magnifying glass over the key it immediately went to the inventory task bar, and once there, the task bar will not raise up so I can remove the key and use it to open the trunk.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 6, 10 7:53 PM
Deeslena wrote:nw143,

I was able to open the glove compartment, but as for the key, when I placed the magnifying glass over the key it immediately went to the inventory task bar, and once there, the task bar will not raise up so I can remove the key and use it to open the trunk.

All you have to do to get your inventory bar up is pass your cursor over the word inventory at the bottom of the screen.

Stuck...No Felix Sketch Available

[Post New]by maryfresquez on Jan 6, 10 8:35 PM
kavaky wrote:There's no Felix Sketch to click on for me in the room where you find the letter from Dr. Anderson and where you go out on the ledge to cut the electricity.

It seems to have completely halted my ability to do anything else - like I can't use the hammer on the rabbit head or pick up the potato chips.

What do I do?!?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 7, 10 3:29 AM
Those things are extras in the CE, Mary. They aren't part of the gameplay. If you are stuck, click on the walkthrough link at the beginning of this thread.

[Post New]by littleangel74 on Jan 9, 10 1:48 PM
I can not get the felic paper. Do i need it to finsh the game.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 9, 10 2:58 PM
No, littleangel. It's part of the extras.

pamsoso
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by pamsoso on Jan 11, 10 1:23 AM
help please, I am using the walkthrough, as are most of you, I have turned off the water and visited the managers office...my quide tells me to go to the main room and click on the sparkling area to the left of the fire place..there is not one there,...I have checked and every thing has been done correctly, is this a problem with my down load?......help please

[Post New]by nannie7 on Jan 11, 10 1:15 PM
csheeks wrote:Heck, I am stuck right now very early. How do I get the electric on? Across the bridge? or the paper out of the tree? LOL I am at a loss right now.

[Post New]by nannie7 on Jan 11, 10 1:30 PM
just started the game ,been to the office climb the treegot the paper, how do I find combination to safe in office ,open trunk car get rope down and oars from wall. really stuck right now, been everyway know placrs to click on help

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 11, 10 1:34 PM
Seen a mirror anywhere? Snagged piece of paper?

[Post New]by lmiceli05 on Jan 18, 10 8:02 AM
*big sigh* i can not get the generator to start. I have read the walkthrough and followed the instructions but nothing. any thoughts?? thanks!

[Post New]by lmiceli05 on Jan 18, 10 8:12 AM
Never mind.....apparently the 6th try was the key!

[Post New]by becrjl on Jan 22, 10 2:13 PM
Soo stuck! trying to get past the wolf, trying to open the suitcase on the bed, where do I look for the combination? I feel like a dope!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 22, 10 2:57 PM
becrjl wrote:Soo stuck! trying to get past the wolf, trying to open the suitcase on the bed, where do I look for the combination? I feel like a dope!

The first thing you need to do is get past the wolf. In order to do this you need to go to the grocery store. If you have not been there yet there is A HOG scene to complete. Then find the basement in the grocery store. From the HOG scene you will get a piece of frozen meat which you will thaw in the microwave also found in the grocery store. Take the thawed meat to the wolf and he will let you go past.

[Post New]by peterfan on Jan 23, 10 7:41 PM
sixmilecoss - if you haven't found it yet, the car jack is in the trunk of the rental car you come acroos by the side of the road early in the game. One has to use a code ( the car license plate number) to open the glove compartment , which has the key to the trunk inside.

Go to: