Re:Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets comments and reviews

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Dec 15, 09 1:02 PM
OLDBAY,

When does your monthly credit kick in? Mine just did (13th), and I used it to pruchase this game - love it, and found out that you can replay each day to improve your score and find everything. It reminds me so much of my son's Where's Waldo books from when he was a kid...

Hope you decide to buy...

Penrose,

I put the 4 items in a random order, hit the button to try the combo, nothing was in the right place. So, I re-placed the items in the reverse order, and voila - got a Congratulations message. So, I think you just have to keep trying. If it "locks", replay the prior day, and then you'll get access to the mini-game again...Hope this helps!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 15, 09 1:34 PM
Hey Fairhaven , I've been hanging on to this credit since last month..Thats the LAST time i have bought a game !!!!.I bought the required amount & this my freebie & there has been slim pickins in the pond..not even a BITE...So I'm going to hold on to it till I go through the D T"S ..Which could be very soon...Depends how bored I get later...Sure wish I knew what was in the crystal ball as far as GAMES ?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Dec 15, 09 2:38 PM
This is a light weight fun game. You can find all the extras, (stars, Gaby, clocks etc.) or just play it straight. It does have a timer, but you can ignore it if you want. The music is not annoying, the colors are bright and it is very upbeat. I'm not fond of celebrity gossip, but this is amusing as opposed to nasty.

The only problem is that the switching game in Task 9 in Chapter 2, doesn't work and you can't skip it. I have a PPC Mac, so that is probably the problem.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Dec 15, 09 6:17 PM
I played Gotcha in beta testing and then played out the demo last night. I've hovered on the buy button but think I'm going to pass.

It is a very well crafted game - bright (too?!) clear graphics and a new twist to the old genre is quite inviting. Though there is a Timer it is only a score type. I assume there is no failure but even with the Timer I was able to get the Expert rating every time (meaning the timer did not run out) having played thru to the 3rd stage of 2nd storyline.

I did very much enjoy the "Where's Waldo" take to Hidden Object with finding different people as our "objects". I also liked that the way to find them varied - full picture, description, silhouette, close-up. I enjoyed there being searchable bonus Stars in each scene and Watches to add back time to the expert bar. The mini-games are simple and not terribly challenging but a nice little break in the proceedings. Some "quick-click" style but not difficult (at least in what I played).

My reasons for NOT buying are these - at the end of each scene after your score is totted up there is a blinding white box where the score was. This gave me a migraine almost instantly. Photosensitive fishies beware. Also added "challenges" were added as scenes progressed - floating figures that would obscure the scene temporarily, needing to look thru binoculars, moving areas with people that needed searching would come and go. Since I wasn't even half-way thru the 2nd storyline I assume these would become more frequent and possibly more difficult. I just started finding them annoying. I get why they were there - added challenge to a simple, possibly too easy game, and I think it was a good design just for me personally not enjoyable.

So bottom line good, well functioning game with some new twists. Bright clear graphics. Pretty long game play. But not for this Poodle.

( <--- personal taste thumbs down)

nehelenia
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by nehelenia on Dec 15, 09 7:09 PM
I was considering buying Where's Waldo for my iPod Touch yesterday, but this game is more fun. Simplistic, yes - but sometimes that's just what I need to unwind.

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Dec 15, 09 11:41 PM
Poodle,

Don't know if you'll be back in here....but, can't you turn off those annoying features? Or was that the thing you had to find the stars for to turn them off? I also beta's this and although I liked that it was different was indecisive then if I'd get it. I did download the demo, but haven't played yet.

[Post New]by emeri1md on Dec 15, 09 11:58 PM
While I admire the gameplay, I found the subject matter more than a little annoying.

[Post New]by SabineEden on Dec 16, 09 6:33 AM
penrose47 wrote:
tubergal wrote:Great new twist on HOG. Enjoyed the game til I got to the exercise cards and was unable to click on them to rearrange them. Any suggestions? Is there anyone else out there who is having the same issue and if so, is there a fix to take care of this?

DITTO!

I am having a problem with the Cards that you have to line up. A BOAT< ANCHOR> ETC.... The HINT moves one then it goes bk and WILL NOT MOVE ?

I LOVED the game until I got to this part of the Puzzle. I WISH I could GO ON!
I LIKE the difference of NOT being the USUAL HOG.

HOPE that i can find out how to go on>>>>>>

Penny

I don't know if this will help, but you have to click and hold on the mouse button, and drag each picture to one of the squares while keeping the mouse button down.

I'm now in chapter two, and can't get the stage pass pieces to swap no matter what I do. If anyone has any answers on that, I'd love to hear 'em!

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 9:57:36 AM PST

catlady4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catlady4 on Dec 16, 09 8:51 AM
hated it boring & silly

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Dec 16, 09 4:20 PM
Most people like this game so I am going to give it a try. I must admit at first look I thought it would be too childish, but who knows I might buy it.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Dec 16, 09 6:34 PM
Fun, cute game. Very bright and lighthearted although the whole paparazzi thing has me scratching my head but still not enough to prevent a purchase. I got part way through the 2nd chapter and the demo still had time left on it. The game is fairly easy and straight forward but I noticed it did get a bit more "difficult." Maybe that's not the right word but the crowd got heavier and the finds needed increased as the game went on. Mini games were easy enough with no real issues but I didn't notice a skip button though there is one for the dialogue.

Not sure about a purchase but I only need two more games for my December punchcard and although I'm still holding out for something a bit more challenging I'll file this one away under Maybe. If I don't find it I will probably buy this one since it is a fun, no stress game that has a lot of replayability and would probably take me 4-5 hours to get through. Happy gaming!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Dec 16, 09 8:34 PM
Although the fun/challenge of the mini's is pretty limited, the "Where's Waldo" aspect of this game is great. I was surprised how tough the Waldo-esque games get when you're looking for stars, stopwatches, silhouettes, faces, descriptions, and bonus people all in one scene! This game turned into much more of a challenge than I expected. Was happy to use a credit to continue....

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Dec 17, 09 12:13 PM
either you'll love this game or not...
personally i've been gaming for several years and altho this game isn't difficult it is a nice pleasant game ..

it has many mini games and a different twist on regular HOG .. i think it is fun and easy (but not too easy)

just right for me
game on

just turned into a starfish cool

Edited on 12/17/2009 at 12:14:42 PM PST

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Dec 17, 09 12:23 PM
ohhh forgot to ask...if anyone did the match game with napkins..are they suggesting that they are eating napkins to stay skinny ???
sry i don't get that part???
obviously i am not skinny so i never heard of this

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 17, 09 2:50 PM
lisam63 wrote:ohhh forgot to ask...if anyone did the match game with napkins..are they suggesting that they are eating napkins to stay skinny ???
sry i don't get that part???
obviously i am not skinny so i never heard of this

I did not think of that but maybe they are suggesting instead of in their mouth the food goes in the napkin- yes attempt to stay skinny and pretending to eat I suppose.

I did enjoy the celebrity couple having the baby and the babies name etc.

I like it- it is a fun send up of celebrity bloggers- and of how silly celebrity itself can be at times

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Dec 18, 09 1:12 PM
I liked this one, easy and fun.

[Post New]by happy554 on Dec 20, 09 8:16 AM
I'll repeat the question asked earlier: Has anyone found a way to swap the stage pass pieces in Chapter 2?

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on Dec 20, 09 2:08 PM
When I first d/l this game, I thought... Hmm... But I have to say its sucked me in! Fresh approach to HOGs and one you could play with the family without fear of them coming across anything too 'adult'. Fairly simple but great for those days when you just want to play a fun game and not have to think too much. This is a keeper for me!

Edited on 12/20/2009 at 2:09:02 PM PST

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 20, 09 4:13 PM
When this game first came out, I didn't even want to give it a try because I am not a fan of cartoonish graphics.
But after a few days went by, I downloaded and decided to give it a go, and I am so glad that I did.
It was completely different than what I had imagined, and I got hooked pretty quickly, never judge a book by its cover.
It does get more challenging as the levels progress, and I like looking for the stars, clocks and the added 2 people or items, that are extra besides all of the people in that particular level.
I don't always care for the beat the clock games, they make me a little tense, but with this game, you have a choice, so I found that to be an added bonus which made me like this game even more.
The first part of the game I got expert scores everytime, but than it became more challenging with a lot more people in every scene, which was a nice change from other games that I find to easy for me, so that was a plus also.
This game was worth every cent, it has replay value and it is not a short game which makes me VERY happy !!
At least give it a try, you might be totally surprised like I was :-)
Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year and as always, happy gaming !!

cakem2dinerd2
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by cakem2dinerd2 on Dec 22, 09 2:06 AM
Really grat game!!!

Go to: