mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 6, 16 3:55 AM
I had the exact same glitches as Athnetoo and Beingknown

Not being able to go back and get the final rose was quite disappointing. I don't know if I found the final morphing object either, as there was no way to tell when I looked in the Extras after completing the Bonus chapter.

Hopefully, these glitches will be fixed soon, so that when I play the game again down the track sometime, I won't be disappointed all over again.

Jen.

Forgot to add that I have a Windows 10 pc with 64 bit. It is very new and the drivers are up to date.

Edited on 03/06/2016 at 10:27:28 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Living Legends: Bound by Wishes Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Mar 6, 16 3:30 PM
I also have Windows 7 and am having the same problem as Athentoo, Beingknown, and Mamajay. Very frustrating.... I tried many times - screen still goes black and nothing.

[Post New]by suegnu on Mar 6, 16 3:49 PM
Am on Chapter 4, Walter, Underground.
I collected one musical note, placed it on the step in front of the snakes; found the musical notes hint, then found note #2, placed it on the step in front of snakes.
Now it keeps asking me where the two missing notes are and I can't tap the notes in the sequence based on the clue. I have really enjoyed this game thus far and am disappointed that I cannot go further. My son recently installed a new ASUS personal computer with a big screen so I could play my games. I'm not sure if it's windows 10 or not. Not real computer savvy. Any helpful hints? Got two of the totem faces completed but can't finish the third.
Help!

[Post New]by imatryin on Mar 6, 16 4:47 PM
Yep I have same problem could not find the portrait of woman listed as U in the strategy guide..So very annoying. No matter how much I trawl back thru can not get portrait 3. I am on Acer Laptop windows 8.1

Edited on 03/06/2016 at 4:48:21 PM PST

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Mar 6, 16 9:55 PM
ReedL wrote:
DatPixieGirl wrote:I am running Windows 10 and had no problems with the game or the sound until I discovered what I think is a glitch: I began the "Augustine" chapter and had just fixed the elevator and ascended the tower, watched the cutscene, then collected the 25th rose. When the achievement notification icon appeared on the left side of the screen, I clicked the icon and it took me to my completed rose collection. I then clicked to start the special hidden object puzzle, which I then completed.

The problem is that now I am unable to get back to the main storyline. Every time I close out of the game and then reopen it and click "Play" to progress through the main storyline, it takes me to the completed bonus HOP screen. If I down-click to get out of that screen, it takes me to the rose collection; I close out of that by clicking the X in the upper right, which takes me to the Extras section. And when I go back to the main menu and try to "Play", it starts all over again.

I'm pretty sure I will just have to start the main story over again, but I wanted to let somebody know about this issue so it might be addressed. Please let me know if you need additional information. Thank you!

Had the exact same problem as stated here but was able to see that I still had My Contract, Flask, Squirrel, Augustines Locket and Spindle. Cannot finish the game and really do not want to play thru again and possibility of being locked out again somehow. Playing on Win 10 on a Dell XPS.

I had the same problem, it's an infinite loop--exit out of the game, open it up again, and when I hit Play it goes to the alternate HOP scene from the rose collection. I exit out of that and it goes to the rose collection. I exit out of that and it goes to the bonuses screen, with the bonus game locked (because I haven't finished the game yet!) and when I go back to the main menu and hit Play, it goes back to the alternate HOP again. Now there is no way to do anything else. Playing on Win 7.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 6:14:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Tulip3200 on Mar 7, 16 12:55 AM
Same here. Can we get a fix?

lomeara
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lomeara on Mar 7, 16 3:02 AM
Can't get the 3rd portrait to advance in the game!

Imac El Capitan 10.11.2

Gamingpip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingpip on Mar 7, 16 4:22 PM
I am having the same problem with the blue circle and the game never loading. I have a newish Dell 64 bit laptop that is running Windows 10. I was able to play the sample just fine. I updated my drivers as recommended; restarted the computer and reloaded the game. Problem still exists.

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Mar 7, 16 5:49 PM
I'm having the exact same problem as Gamingpip. I have a brand spanking new Surface Pro, Windows 10. Not only do I get the blue circle, when I try to get out it doesn't respond. I've tried reinstallation. Didn't help.

Gamingpip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingpip on Mar 8, 16 7:43 AM
This is not the first game that I purchased recently that had significant problems, I think these games are being created on old operating systems and therefore, don't function well on Windows 10. What Big Fish and the developers should realize is that people who have new machines or have upgraded to 10, are the kind of people who spend money and effort on their toys, so it would behoove them to upgrade their systems to have their games work with newer equipment. I vote with my cash, so I will be getting a refund for this unworkable game.

volzhi
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by volzhi on Mar 8, 16 4:24 PM
I am running 8.1. Had same problem as several others. Cannot collect the final rose. Each time I clicked on the last blank spot, I immediately had a dark screen. I had to reboot and then restart the game.

[Post New]by aerieridge on Mar 8, 16 5:02 PM
Having same problem, unable to get past 5. Hints in all rooms now says nothing else to do. Portraits showing in strategy guide is not the one that shows in my game. In my game, one empty portrait is still empty, but that slot is not even in the strategy guide photo of that puzzle. Game will not let me continue and I even tried using a different screen name, went through the game AGAIN, but still sticking on the same place same puzzles..... Help! Great game otherwise, but I cannot go forward and the strategy guide is incorrect.

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Mar 8, 16 11:37 PM
I am running 8.1. Had same problem as several others. Cannot collect the final rose. Each time I clicked on the last blank spot, I immediately had a dark screen.

Also no morphing object achievement.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 9, 16 4:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the technical issues people have been seeing in the game. I'm sorry to hear about the problems that have been occurring. For the problems being described here, I recommend reading the following help articles. The steps they include can help in many different situations, including when there's trouble collecting items or moving forward in the game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

I've also gone ahead and included a help article below with specifics for computers running Windows 10:

Windows 10

If people are continuing to experience issues, please feel free to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps have the tools that are needed to gather information on and report glitches and issues, and they're always willing to help.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Debbi190
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Debbi190 on Mar 10, 16 12:45 AM
I am running windows 8.1 and cant find the third portrait. I am stuck and cant continue. Is there a fix in the works or just a glitch.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Mar 10, 16 8:14 AM
Running Windows 8, played main game without any problems. Now playing bonus chapter and keep getting error and game has to close.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 10, 16 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to drop in to discuss the technical issues being mentioned here.

Debbi190, I understand that you're looking for the third portrait, but can't find it in the game. For anyone who's having trouble locating the portraits, I encourage taking a look at the following thread. It has some great information and useful tips from other players for finding all three portraits:

third portrait

dtouchton, I'm sorry to hear that the game has been having an error in the bonus chapter. I suggest reading the following help article to work on troubleshooting this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If people continue to experience technical issues after checking the help articles, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report for further troubleshooting. Our Reps are always happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 11:54:40 AM PST

jordway
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jordway on Mar 10, 16 1:06 PM
I just bumped into the same problem as SUEGNU above. In chapter 4 I found and placed the 2 note buttons but the game continues to tell me I have not done that. I am stopped for now. It is a very good game, so I hope that the problems can be fixed so we can continue! I am running Windows 10.

maat1957
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maat1957 on Mar 10, 16 4:27 PM
SweetNellyBly wrote:I am running 8.1. Had same problem as several others. Cannot collect the final rose. Each time I clicked on the last blank spot, I immediately had a dark screen.

Also no morphing object achievement.

Same problem for me. I am running Windows 7. It's been quite a while since I have bought a game that did not have some kind of problem.

clamB1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by clamB1 on Mar 10, 16 5:51 PM
I am running Windows 10 and am having the same access violation problem.

Edited on 03/10/2016 at 5:52:29 PM PST

Go to: