awful tournament results

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

Re:awful tournament results

[Post New]by betslou41 on Mar 4, 16 3:41 AM
My question is ?? How can one get a high score when only one coin shows up in your HOS's !!! This is a big problem that needs to be fixed !!!

Betslou41

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 4, 16 6:12 AM
betslou41 wrote:My question is ?? How can one get a high score when only one coin shows up in your HOS's !!! This is a big problem that needs to be fixed !!!

Betslou41

It does affect me to end up with only 7-8 chips time after time (and to add insult to injury, 10 or 20% spins... how exciting... not)... I spent diamonds a couple of times, and still the HO's were stingy... and I HAVE looked, they are not there... oh well... I'm just not spending any more diamonds,... I think it's one of those random things... If we all got 15 chips, and we all got 50% on the wheel... the only people who would ever get in the top 100 are the ones who would always be in the top 100.... The randomness allows those who would never get in the top 100 a chance... I've gone through spells like this in past tournaments, then it'll turn around... I'm 6/10 in all three games... I have no reason to believe it won't happen again, just hasn't happened recently....

da fuzz waiting on the winds of change (this could take a while)

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 4, 16 6:16 AM
I avoid spending diamonds and just take my chances on the free entries...except last night. I was in the 99th place and there was still 15 minutes to go...so I took a chance that I might improve and spent the diamonds. Sadly, I did not improve and got bumped down to 102nd place. I did get 2 diamonds back for that though so not a total loss...just no progress on the achievement.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 4, 16 11:09 AM
This last tournament was a real stinker for me. Got 7 or 8 tokens each round, actually had none in one scene, but with three minutes left to go, I did one more round and got 9 tokens. Now to add insult to injury, I won 1 token and it was not delivered. Maybe the mailman is out to lunch?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 4, 16 11:18 AM
pmwright610 wrote:This last tournament was a real stinker for me. Got 7 or 8 tokens each round, actually had none in one scene, but with three minutes left to go, I did one more round and got 9 tokens. Now to add insult to injury, I won 1 token and it was not delivered. Maybe the mailman is out to lunch?

pmwright610.....it is a known issue that sometimes the mailman just doesn't seem to deliver that 1 diamond.....

Happened to me last fall...... first time, I ignored it....tourney week later, same thing (other tourneys played in the interim).....3rd time, I got perturbed and 4th time I documented and contacted Customer Support....

So, now, I document (tournament date and time; my user name and ID; score I received; place in "line" --- screen shot also good)......then I wait until there are about 3-4 times and contact Customer Support.

I will say that it took them a week or so....but the solution was more than satisfactory!!

deeziner
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
478 Posts

[Post New]by deeziner on Mar 4, 16 11:47 AM
My device started to run really slow and dodgy at the start of Tourney 2....this is a pre-cursor to a crash....so I crossed the fingers of my left hand while I continued tapping items with my right....and finished out the tourney round....with 10% spins...leaving me stranded in the late 300s placement.....and somehow the crash didn't happen.

I exited MC....Re-entered about 15min later...expecting to use diamonds but freeplay was open.....entered...1 DOOR ONLY...the others had been "played" already....what a bummer......and somewhat puzzling.....sometimes Android is aggravating.....

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 4, 16 11:49 AM
I admire your determination. It has happened to me on prior occasions also, probably totaling up to five or six gems. I though am not as determined, or maybe I'm just being lazy, and challenged. Screen shot? Don't have a clue as to how to go about this, although the other things I can easily do. I am actually more ticked about the token counts I got. I was attempting to figure out the percentage of gems per total players and burnt a brain fuse. And math used to, and I emphasize "used to" be my best subject, but now, not. The point is, I was wondering if there is also a token limit per tournament depending on the amount of players, because after all, we can't all be winners. Guess I'm just green with envy and wearing my cranky pants.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 4, 16 12:59 PM
Now I found out what you mean and I will see how things add up Annelliegram.

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Mar 4, 16 1:56 PM
Last tournament there were 2200 players. If this was all about just skill then there would be no chance for many people. The level of chance is a way of making it fairer?

The only skill is in spotting the tokens. I have taken screen shots (sat there like an idiot playing the game whilst holding my smartphone ready to take photos when I have collected all the tokens I can see and again when the last item is being collected) and thorough searching has revealed no more tokens. So as far as I can see there are not always 3 tokens per scene.
A good time and accuracy score help some.

Then you are in the lap of the developers algorithm. Firstly as to how many tokens there are, secondly the spinning wheel. Basically it is all chance.

If the game was 'fair' you would only win every 22 tournaments or so, so that everyone got a chance to get in the top 100. And the feeling when you do get into the top 100 is cracking! Talking of which - next session has started.......

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 4, 16 2:38 PM
What's really frustrating to me is when you've gotten a decent, respectable score earlier, then totally tank a round (like I just did!), & the game will not let you NOT submit your totally stinko, embarrassingly low new score. I even closed the game, logged back in, & it went right back to "submit your score"!
Fine, I'll just stay logged out til the tournament is over. It almost is anyway.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 4, 16 2:45 PM
Desertdruid wrote:What's really frustrating to me is when you've gotten a decent, respectable score earlier, then totally tank a round (like I just did!), & the game will not let you NOT submit your totally stinko, embarrassingly low new score. I even closed the game, logged back in, & it went right back to "submit your score"!
Fine, I'll just stay logged out til the tournament is over. It almost is anyway.

It's only your HIGHEST score that counts... you can hit submit on lower scores and these won't count...

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 4, 16 3:04 PM
That's good to know - thanks! I won't be quite so embassassed now.

BarbieB731
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by BarbieB731 on Mar 4, 16 3:26 PM
pmwright610 wrote:This last tournament was a real stinker for me. Got 7 or 8 tokens each round, actually had none in one scene, but with three minutes left to go, I did one more round and got 9 tokens. Now to add insult to injury, I won 1 token and it was not delivered. Maybe the mailman is out to lunch?

That also happened to me today in the 12-1pm time. Spent diamonds to play and at the end it said l had won one and didn't get it. What I would like to know is how many seconds it takes top players to do each screen? I can range between 18-35 seconds and then with 3-4 more seconds added to it, top players must do them and find all chips in under 10 seconds! With the wheel only giving out 10% most of the time why not put all chips in each screen and make it about the time a person takes to do them and the luck of the wheel.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 4, 16 3:34 PM
Yes, there are varying amounts of chips per scene per person......
Yes, the Wheel gives mostly 10% most of the time (to us mortals, at least)

But......I still much prefer THIS wheel to the one with the bust and minus!!!!

It is a Tournament of Chance...... I hesitate to ask for changes because we could get worse.....people asked for more coins and shards and look what THAT got us!!

oldgirl10
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by oldgirl10 on Mar 4, 16 3:48 PM
be very careful what you ask for the changes may not be what you want.

That said does everyone get 4 seconds added to their time in the tournament

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 4, 16 3:54 PM
oldgirl10 wrote:be very careful what you ask for the changes may not be what you want.

That said does everyone get 4 seconds added to their time in the tournament

yes, we all get those extra seconds added...

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Mar 4, 16 4:31 PM
In one of yesterday's tournaments, not only was I getting a bunch of 10s and 20s, I also got 0 once. I was so shocked when the wheel landed on 0 because it had not landed on it in a long time. I think the previous time it landed on 0 was when the wheel had the negative percentages included on it.

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 4, 16 9:11 PM
I just finished playing the last tournament. I have played all of the tournaments for the last 2 days.

I always check to see who scores really high each time. I have noticed that there are about 4 or so of the same people every time who have figured out how to get the high scores each time. I wish they would share the trick with the rest of us.

Good luck to all.

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Mar 5, 16 12:20 AM
Yesterday, I played tournament3. Normal I'm bad. But yesterday, I managed position 31 and I received 27 gems. And then *CRASH*! (I'm so sucked of these dum crashes all the time!) and of COURSE the won gems are gone! [Removed by Moderator] Carrot and stick game? [Removed by Moderator]
Everytime when I reach a new level oder sold things for getting gold *BLEW* and all is gone including the gifts of my gamefriends. Is this a kind of method?

Edited on 03/05/2016 at 11:13:05 AM PST

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Mar 5, 16 3:14 AM
Not just me then as I have just posted similar results

I think things are not quite right in tournaments as over last 4 days I have seen same name on leaderboard (top 20) more than once !!!!

I will let you know if I ever get more than 20% up

Go to: