stupidanacrox
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

Re:Post any Current Fixes for Access Violation here!!

[Post New]by stupidanacrox on Dec 16, 09 6:51 AM
same Access Violation here got after place 2 ball right .
i use windows 7 and my direct x and video card updated.

[Post New]by myownhero on Dec 16, 09 6:51 AM
Same problem as everybody else. Can't get past the colored balls puzzle. I have 15 minutes left on my free trial, but no point in wasting them trying to get the game to work.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 16, 09 6:52 AM
I could not shut down the game at the violation error and I had to restart my computer. Then the game ran fine, but I am not sure if there will be more problems, so will not buy.

[Post New]by Agenais on Dec 16, 09 6:57 AM
I just got the same message...at the same part...trying to match the colored balls...drivers...etc ALL updated since the LAST game glitch I ran into..so I know it's not me!

Gee BF...sure hope we are not comprimising quality over quantity! Buy 6 get 1 free?? But what good is free if the games don't work?

Will wait and see.....

alumnut
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by alumnut on Dec 16, 09 7:01 AM
I had the same access violation in the same spot. Everything is up to date on my computer.

There have been two other games which I have tried to demo (Jane Angle and Cherry Blossom Murders) that I couldn't even start because of Access Violation. And yes, I contacted CS and tried everything suggested but they still will not run. I have over 250 games from BF that I have no problem but lately there have been quite a few.

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Dec 16, 09 7:02 AM
I have just let Customer Support know that there are a lot of us getting this access violation, and all at the same place in the game. Perhaps if we all contact them, they will fix the bug, quickly.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Dec 16, 09 7:04 AM
I was just going to post that I had no problems, but I no have the same access violation with the coloured marbles. I have XP and all drivers are up to date. I was enjoying this, but it is 1.00am here so I should go to bed hope the fix is up tomorrow. Too many people for it to be the computer.

Cheers
lineck

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Dec 16, 09 7:05 AM
Had the same thing at same mini puzzle. Just kept going back, finally passed it. Happened toward end of demo.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Dec 16, 09 7:09 AM
It would be nice if BF acknowledged that there is a problem and they are working on it.

Cherieaa
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Cherieaa on Dec 16, 09 7:41 AM
Access Violation also at the move the colored balls position. Looks like this one needs a fix.

vloert
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,089 Posts

[Post New]by vloert on Dec 16, 09 7:41 AM
calsmom2001 wrote:Same problem, same place. I was able to work around it by repeatedly doing Ctrl/Alt/Del and then hitting the "Back" button when the Menu came up. Eventually it threw me into windowed mode and I was able to complete the puzzle.

Although I like the game (I have the two previous SS games) and would like to add this to the collection, I will be waiting to hear from BF that there is a fix for this error.

If there is one bug, there could be more that C/A/D won't fix!

Same here!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Dec 16, 09 7:50 AM
I also had the error violation, so disappointing!

hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by hd2222 on Dec 16, 09 8:05 AM
Played the full hour Demo on another game site - no problem with the colored balls. With a game credit to "blow", ALMOST bought immediately, but decided to play the Demo again. SURE GLAD I DID. Got the same violation error as others, at the same spot (colored balls). Logged off - uninstalled - re-installed, and got to a point where I managed to get two balls placed when ......violation error again. Methinks this is a BF problem, and not a game one. Will hold onto my credit until BF corrects problem, or, at the very least, offers solution to same. What a disapointment.

[Post New]by dusty53 on Dec 16, 09 8:15 AM
I got the same violation error in the same place. wished i'd not bought it now

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Dec 16, 09 8:50 AM
I posted earlier that I was having Access Violation errors but everything is working okay now.

Teach496
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Teach496 on Dec 16, 09 8:50 AM
I,too, had the access violation. I did c/alt/del to exit gamee and then restarted my computer. I worked fine after that. Using Windows XP.

mylab8it
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mylab8it on Dec 16, 09 9:02 AM
need the fix too, got stuck at the marbles also.

rizzoB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rizzoB on Dec 16, 09 9:11 AM
alumnut wrote:I had the same access violation in the same spot. Everything is up to date on my computer.

There have been two other games which I have tried to demo (Jane Angle and Cherry Blossom Murders) that I couldn't even start because of Access Violation. And yes, I contacted CS and tried everything suggested but they still will not run. I have over 250 games from BF that I have no problem but lately there have been quite a few.

I have had exactly the same problems! I haven't even tried this game yet, it is still downloading, but I thought I'd check here to see if there were any problems before I get my hopes up.

I can't figure out what's gone wrong with bf at the moment.

[Post New]by 3jsandak on Dec 16, 09 9:11 AM
Same problem, same place. Brand new computer so I know it's not me, especially since so many are having the identical issue...

No problem at all

[Post New]by petersenjj on Dec 16, 09 9:17 AM
Hi,
downloded from http://www.gamefools.com/
had no problem at all.
Got past colored marbles no crash or error message.
Send E-Mail to customer support to let them know about the facts i dis covered.
Juergen

Edited on 12/16/2009 at 9:20:05 AM PST

Go to: