Re:Update Coming For PC Version

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Mar 7, 16 12:12 PM
Arrgh, taking soooo long to download - need my MC fix!

Drkgordon, don't know how I was placing but I also got my first good tourney score this evening.... here's hoping they record the score, bit daft to run an update during a tourney otherwise

Wonder what changes this one will bring?!

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Mar 7, 16 12:13 PM
Update downloaded! I did not lose the diamond I won in the tournament or the progress on the daily quest.

Unfortunately, the HOS drop appears the same -- got 15 coins on the only HOS I tried. Back to barely playing while waiting for the next update.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 7, 16 12:15 PM
I have successfully downloaded and installed the new update. The first thing I did was to visit the Mosaic Panel HOS. I received 15 coins.

ETA: Would be curious to know if anyone notices any game changes. As for me, I am still on hiatus until the HOS drops are fixed.

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 12:18:23 PM PST

robyn456
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by robyn456 on Mar 7, 16 12:15 PM
won't let me play keeps saying there is a problem tried uninstalling and so on no luck

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Mar 7, 16 12:22 PM
I'm not able to download the update. It's giving that "game out of date" message.
It's 2:21pm here in Wis. Will try again in an hour and see if anything is working.

Janet

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Mar 7, 16 12:22 PM
can't get into the game, tries to load something like Interface and then got the info exe does not work, suuuper BF

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 12:23:04 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 7, 16 12:26 PM
The game update is around 40 MB's. Once you start the game, it will start downloading the content. The game in the program files is only 34.3 MB's and the content goes to the app data / game save folder which is 459 MB's. And this updates makes it where there is no pictures of backgrounds, just plain old files. So there is no sneak peek of new HOS or Areas.

robyn456
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by robyn456 on Mar 7, 16 12:44 PM
has anyone found a way to get thwe game to work mine keeps shutting down tried reinstalling restarted computer sent a message to bfg any advce

[Post New]by cricket275 on Mar 7, 16 12:44 PM
It took several efforts to finally got the update loaded and working. Only played for a little while. Didn't lose anything that was in progress before update. Some good news-harbor area open-two new characters (lighthouse keeper and Pirate) so far - new zz-new levels and tasks. Bad news-no change apparent in drop rate. Have done number of hos-majority were shards or coins. Also expensive to open new hos/zz

ETA Should also have noted that there was a second download within the game when trying to open portal

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 12:46:27 PM PST

AceCB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by AceCB on Mar 7, 16 12:44 PM
When I looked at the List of Achievements, I noticed that "placing in the top 100 of the tournaments" is no longer included. (Not that I had achieved it yet...)

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Mar 7, 16 12:47 PM
BF update and install downloaded ok... restarted the game and seem to be stuck 'downloading interface 2/6' at 33%....anyone else having problems?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 7, 16 12:52 PM
The in game update takes some time to install, don't shut down the game when it is updating as it could make the game corrupt and possibility of making the game save corrupt as well.

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Mar 7, 16 1:01 PM
Hmmm, tournament icon now says Information Coming Soon.

[Post New]by OneMorGame on Mar 7, 16 1:02 PM
Just downloaded the update, took five minutes, installed even quicker and now the Big Fish Game manager won't open, get a pop up saying windows is checking on the problem and then can't find anything so can't open the manager or the game.

Flora1
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Flora1 on Mar 7, 16 1:13 PM
After updating 03/07/2016 constantly lit box for messages. Once you click it, the game freezes.

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Mar 7, 16 1:14 PM
Did the update, now opening it leads to a black screen. Not even KSOD because no curser; just plain black. No text or anything indicating loading.

Not sure if it matters, but I *hadn't* been able to do the previous update because the file was too big and I'm continually battling low memory/storage. So if it was supposed to be cumulative, my game's in trouble

[Post New]by solangundersen on Mar 7, 16 1:21 PM
bfgWaimea on Mar 7, 16 10:37 AM
Hi Everyone,

Starting 11:00 AM PST today - Midnight Castle for PC will be down for maintenance for a short time.

Once the game is back up and the update is live, we'll update this announcement to let you all know!

Might be that they are not done with maintenance yet?

I can't see any update of this post yet.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 7, 16 1:25 PM
Borkzorkorc wrote:Did the update, now opening it leads to a black screen. Not even KSOD because no curser; just plain black. No text or anything indicating loading.

Not sure if it matters, but I *hadn't* been able to do the previous update because the file was too big and I'm continually battling low memory/storage. So if it was supposed to be cumulative, my game's in trouble

Same issue with my PC game......I did a "manual" update and that took all of about 5 minutes.....then when I launched the game.. all I get is a black screen.....I did open Task Manager and Midnight Castle.exe was running....it got up to 104,000 kB of memory usage before I finally stopped the process.....It was running on a black screen for about 45 minutes and nothing happening.

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Mar 7, 16 1:29 PM
Thx Solangundersen, you may well be right. Will postpone the panic

Although - some ppl do seem to be playing the new version, which is why I assumed things were buggered on my side (also being insecure about having skipped the previous version, i.e., the Big Controversial Angst-Inducing Update)...

There's always the "uninstall and reinstall" option, of which I'm scared b/c of chance of losing progress/friends/levels, but I know there's a way to restore things (other than friends, sniff), just need to do some research on that when I get a li'l block of time.

Borkzorkorc
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Borkzorkorc on Mar 7, 16 1:35 PM
Annelliegram wrote:Same issue with my PC game......I did a "manual" update and that took all of about 5 minutes.....then when I launched the game.. all I get is a black screen.....I did open Task Manager and Midnight Castle.exe was running..

Heh, I'd been typing that last before your post popped up.

Nice person reaction: Ooh, I'm bummed it's happening to someone else too!
Slightly bad-but-human-nature-reaction: Oh hey, at least it's not just me!

Averages out to "Sorry to hear, but thx for confirming problem"
Here's hoping they'll resolve whatever it is! Thx in advance, BFG.

Go to: