sassy215
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:What Version of Windows are Having Update Problems?

[Post New]by sassy215 on Mar 7, 16 3:09 PM
windows 10 and working.

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Mar 7, 16 3:10 PM
I did send a report to Big Fish. From past experience, I usually get a response within 48 hours. Once I get an answer, I will be happy to share.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 7, 16 3:20 PM
Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit updated with no problems. Helped a friend update their Win 10 and they aren't having any problems either. Launching and game running smoothly on both.

robyn456
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by robyn456 on Mar 7, 16 3:42 PM
windows 10 crashing

cjmax13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by cjmax13 on Mar 7, 16 3:46 PM
windows 10 - game shuts down saying exe file not running

cartma
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by cartma on Mar 7, 16 3:54 PM
windows 10....only windows keeps telling me there is a problem which they are looking into and will notify me if fixed....only they never do!

[Post New]by SkySkimmer98 on Mar 7, 16 3:55 PM
me too! Widows 10 does he same thing

wigwag53
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by wigwag53 on Mar 7, 16 3:57 PM
Windows 10. Game won't open-midnight castle exe has stopped working. This has been going on for 4 hours. Sent a Dr Felix exam to customer service help. This is not right-please fix!!!

[Post New]by SkySkimmer98 on Mar 7, 16 3:57 PM
whoops does the same thing as the others with Windows 10

Edited on 03/07/2016 at 3:59:19 PM PST

wineoclock
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by wineoclock on Mar 7, 16 3:58 PM
Yep windows 10 keeps crashing

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Mar 7, 16 4:02 PM
Windows 7 and no problems..............one more reason NOT to get Win 10.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Mar 7, 16 4:16 PM
I am running a windows 10 and it wouldn't down load right I think I have to many places MC hides because it said I couldn't delete it since it was on? and it dawned on me I didn't turn off the fire wall which reminds me I have to turn it back on since I had to delete everything and then down loaded another game to get the new game manager thing which took me to the site and I down load again with great success!!!

With no problems now, wow! I have a hard time getting around windows 10 I am not use to how windows 10 works or where things are located

I guess It's due to me playing MC

Sammy5

[Post New]by gahendrick on Mar 7, 16 4:18 PM
Windows 7, and can't update.

[Post New]by pmwright610 on Mar 7, 16 4:22 PM
Damn. I was hesitant to download Windows 10, but funny, this morning, it downloaded on its own. Yes, it did. Turned on the computer and it was downloading. I am not savvy enough to know how to stop it, so it continued on. Called Windows and asked how could this happen and what if I decline the acceptance agreement? Would my computer revert to the windows version I had? Although they said it would, I did not believe them because they were not very convincing, and I thought I would end up in Windows limbo. So I hit accept. And the game not working properly was the reason why I did not want to download it. I read threads in the forum where many had problems with the 10 version. So, now I am like all the others with Windows 10, no game to play. Want version 7 back.

[Post New]by nkwgreeneyes on Mar 7, 16 4:53 PM
Windows 10...as game is loading message says has run into a problem and is shutting down. I bought a new computer a month ago and my old game that I'd been playing since Midnight Castle came out, was lost and I've restarted. I REALLY, REALLY don't want to restart this game from the beginning. In the past with updates, I could play the game without updating. This time the game told me I was using an old version and had to update....didn't like not having the option. Please correct asap as I don't want to loose my moment especially with the Knight achievement...I've only got 2 days left for my 30.

cartma
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by cartma on Mar 7, 16 5:02 PM
one of my nephews is computer savvy and he didn't recommend upgrading to windows 10 at all....unfortunately I had already done the upgrade before learning of this and I didn't have a problem until I downloaded the latest update and now I can't even get in the game as it keeps crashing....looks like I will just have to send a ticket into CS.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Mar 7, 16 5:12 PM
Still on XP and no go nada nothing not even an update red banner.
Randy

[Post New]by Lizzanne on Mar 7, 16 5:13 PM
Windows 10
I hope it gets fixed!

Watrewoman
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Watrewoman on Mar 7, 16 5:14 PM
I too have Windows 10. On my last attempt to load the new update, I noticed that the program was attempting to download something on the Midnight Castle screen, and then the exe error popped up and shut the program down. I hope this helps.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 7, 16 5:20 PM
Windows 10. PC.

Initial and continuing error was that Midnight Castle exe had stopped working.

I restarted the game a couple of times and it started to do some of the updates. Continued to restart and got to 16%, then 33%, then etc. Took a lot of restarts. Then the next set of updates started with 0/311. With a lot more restarts is progressed also - to about 10/311. Somewhere about there, I noticed that if the window was minimized that the modem lights continued to blink showing activity. Left it alone for a while and when click on the icon on the task bar it came up and had completed updating. Started playing. Completed the Keepers tasks and those of the dark haired woman in the Laboratory in the tower. Was offered a new chapter which I accepted. Midnight Castle stopped working again. Restarted it, back in the Laboratory and when the update started again, I minimized the window and waited a bit for the modem activity to stop. Opened the window back. Updates where done and resumed play.

No guarantee that this will work for anyone else.

Go to: