KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

Re:Build It! Miami Beach Resort comments and reviews

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Dec 18, 09 11:42 AM
Although I enjoy building games, this one was just not for me. I didn't seem to get the hang of it in the demo (which I didn't finish before deleting).

[Post New]by rubensgram on Dec 18, 09 6:21 PM
This looks like it would be a game I'd like. But I can't get past the first tutorial. The game won't let me build my second bungalow. Shame.

Edited on 12/18/2009 at 6:22:13 PM PST

[Post New]by ROEMEP on Dec 19, 09 5:31 AM
I bought this game for my nephew who loves the build a lot games. Yes he had to play some levels more them once but he learned from everything he did and got faster and better as he went on. The game is great and makes for a fun snowy new england after noon

[Post New]by hotrodbabe84 on Dec 21, 09 2:28 PM
I really enjoy this game. When I was doing the 1 hour trial I found I had to keep replaying a couple of levels to pass them - but now that I have bought the game I havent had to replay one. I always love the building style games but I like this one better because it goes through the decades.

[Post New]by gougougaga on Dec 22, 09 8:52 PM
I did it!!!!! you have to cheat! when you'll run out of time , click on the sreen instead of retry, you'll be back to main page and then resume your current game and continue to play this way in order to finsh the 1923 f.....g stupid level!

[Post New]by Coveredbox on Jan 2, 10 2:52 PM
I usually like TM games including build a lot. Unfortunately, I didn't even bother finishing the trial. (Which says a lot. I usually at least stick out the trial in hopes that the game will improve.)

My reasons are as follows:
1. Like many others, I had to repeat some of the early levels after running out of time and building permits.
2. The music was a bit annoying. (Minor as you can just hit mute.)
3. The mouse was so sensitive that I was all over the screen. This was my number one reason for not finishing the trial. It just drove me crazy.

Oh well, better luck next time....

[Post New]by Endless_Patients on Jan 20, 10 8:30 AM
It took me a while to get the hang of this. But now I've played it repeatedly ... maybe 15 times. It's really quite challenging but not impossible. I've gotten Expert on every level except 1923. I have to say, 1923 is just weird. There's no way that I've found to get Expert on it.

If you're stuck on a particular year it may be because something you've done or not done in the previous year or decade just didn't set up the next year or decade correctly. Unfortunately, you can't just go back one year. You have to restart the decade.

For those of you kinda on the fence about this game, I'd urge you to stick with it.

By the way, the "Riot" mode is not all that interesting. It's just demolishing the buildings against a timer. <yawn> I'd have preferred a "Sandbox" type mode.

[Post New]by ciheins on Apr 14, 10 8:29 AM
Hi,
I'm having issues on level 4. It tells me to build a blue sunset hotel and I build it but it never gets checked off of the list. I've built it a couple of times and it is still not being removed from the list then I run out of permits..help!

[Post New]by mikkelmoore on Sep 17, 10 3:30 PM
Advisor wrote:
scpotamus wrote:Yep, something not right. I couldn't pass the first non-tutorial level. Never was enough money for the time you get. The hint kept saying build more lodgings but I never had enough money. After the goals were met, I had 2 permits left and even if I bought the hotel I couldn't get my people over 130...

Looked fun, but... I also wasn't fond of how it moved. The littlest movement with the mouse and you're across the map!

That's the solution:

Advisor wrote:Here is the solution for 1923:
1x additional hotel sunrise and
1x additional park

Did this and it did not work! Can not move past this level! Have restarted it 3x already. Definetely not worth buying

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Sep 17, 10 11:17 PM
OMG, so many bad reviews on such a wonderful game -- what's up? Maybe i have a different version of it (got mine from another site), but it worked flawlessly (no mouse issues), the tutorial was thorough, the tasks were balanced enough (sometimes challenging but always solvable from a second try in the worst case), the gameplay was original, fun and replayable again (to majority of games, i instantly lose interest after completion but in this one, there's not much of 'deja vu' in replaying, every time it's a very different city to play with). I liked the music and style a lot, too.

All these bad reviews mean, there'll be less of such original games. That's a shame. I want many more of such, this one's really really cool.

[Post New]by yankeesonlygirl on Jan 22, 11 5:25 PM
No, I did not enjoy this game. I do not think I lasted 20 minutes into the demo. It seemed pointless to me for some reason. It was just boring, there really is not allot to say.

DeesjeDee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by DeesjeDee on Jan 26, 11 6:46 AM
I really enjoy building games and since this one is today's DOTD I tried the demo. Love that it's set in the 1920's, gives it a little extra charm but unfortunately I didn't like the game itself.

There's one person in your town, which is your character, who is also the builder, painter, cleaner, repairman etc. She has to do everything around town and you are constantly sending her from one task to another and waiting until she is finished. A built-a-lot approach with several trucks would have been much better here.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Jan 26, 11 3:42 PM
The graphics are nice. The gameplay is TM. The story is interesting. I loved her witch of a boss. For 2.99$ this isn't a bad game.

This game is a B-.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jan 26, 11 6:51 PM
Fun game, if you enjoy playing Be Rich or the series where you have to build up property. It is a decent Time Management game...

[Post New]by dmk2011 on Jan 27, 11 7:53 AM
Build It! Miami Beach Resort was my first and probably my only 'build it' game. I've tried over a 7 times to get past 1923, but have not been successful. The only levels that have worked are the tutorial levels. I understand what needs to be done but every time it says I failed. Very frustrating!

I've spent way to much time on this game so from now on I'm spending my time trying to get my money back! What a disappointment!

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 4, 11 11:53 PM
BF selling it for $2.99. Too expensive for this loser of a game.

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Dec 27, 11 10:15 PM
boring, no buy for me

Go to: