ozfm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by ozfm on Jun 18, 10 4:35 AM
I am at the same point with the ball bearings, acid, pipette and lock of hair. I can't find where on the stairs to use the pipette, and the ball bearings won't go into the door lock - I had one ball go in, but that's it - help.....

Re:Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by NAPIAZULRUBI on Jun 23, 10 1:45 PM
hola! Que Creo que llegado al final, Tengo El Pelo microscopio El Caracol Jeringa , en fin Los liquidos , y de no se Seguir , gracias,

[Post New]by theresamace on Jun 26, 10 7:40 PM
Hi! I read in the game information that if we bought the CE, we would be given a strategy guide.

I haven't been able to figure out where it is, or how to get it. Could someone help me out with this please?

Thanks

Theresa

Rue Morgue Items

[Post New]by GoManGo on Jul 3, 10 7:03 PM
I read a few comments about being stuck in Rue Morgue with tweezers and pipette. The answer is the stairs. Both items can be used here even you can't see anything on the stairs. The pipette should be used on the railing on the left hand side. Keep moving up the railing with the pipette item and then you will collect blood. The tweezers will pick up hair on the middle of the stairs. Again, looks like there is nothing on the stairs, but you will eventually find it. Let me know if this helped.

[Post New]by Poefan74 on Jul 24, 10 11:22 PM
Orchid_Witch wrote:I'm not sure why the wrench isn't working on the grating, unless you're mistaking the pliers for a wrench. The pliers are to be used in the hold of the ship, and you'll pick up an actual wrench later.

I'm having the same problem, it does say on the item that it is the wrench; not the pliers. I still can't open the grate

[Post New]by reenap on Sep 27, 10 9:34 PM
I cant seem to find the tap in the bank. can some one help pls

[Post New]by kellyfrench on Oct 2, 10 12:27 PM
I'm going along just fine I think, but now I am stuck with a scalpel and lock of hair. the cabinet is still nailed shut, the ladder is still covered with wet varnish. Other than that I can find no other way to move any hints?

paula1258
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by paula1258 on Oct 3, 10 2:54 AM
could someone please tellme where the stradgy guide is on this game thank you lokked high and low cant find it ihave the collectors edition

[Post New]by grandmaxs7 on Oct 20, 10 8:01 AM
I made it to the extras and opened the front door, did all the hidden objects and now I am stuck. There are no more sparkles to click on and the SG is not for the extras. Is there a SG for the CE of this game and where do I find it?

[Post New]by cradyasafox on Nov 22, 10 9:30 AM
kellyfrench wrote:I'm going along just fine I think, but now I am stuck with a scalpel and lock of hair. the cabinet is still nailed shut, the ladder is still covered with wet varnish. Other than that I can find no other way to move any hints?

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:30 PM
Orchid_Witch wrote:I'm not sure why the wrench isn't working on the grating, unless you're mistaking the pliers for a wrench. The pliers are to be used in the hold of the ship, and you'll pick up an actual wrench later.

The wrench has two sizes for each end. The bolts require each side.

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:32 PM
Poefan74 wrote:

I'm having the same problem, it does say on the item that it is the wrench; not the pliers. I still can't open the grate

The wrench has two sizes, one for each end, the bolts require both sides of the wrench for opening.

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:34 PM
kjdlaw wrote:I made it to the extra section, which I solved, and it tells me I need the strategy guide to unlock additional extras. Is it worth it?

I paid for both games, just to get a strategy list and it doesn't have it! I am not a happy camper. I'm not sure why the game downloads without the strategy, it sends you to this forum. Boo

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:39 PM
ozfm wrote:I am at the same point with the ball bearings, acid, pipette and lock of hair. I can't find where on the stairs to use the pipette, and the ball bearings won't go into the door lock - I had one ball go in, but that's it - help.....

The place on the stairs to get the blood samples doesn't show up unless you click your murder diary (this is true for many of the items.) So, just because you know what you've just accomplished, go ahead and click it. Both items, pipette will be used for collecting blood and tweesers will be used for picking up hair. The ball bearings are used to unlock a door upstairs, the acid also unlocks a door upstairs (you had a hidden game in that room). Good luck.

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:43 PM
bfgEuphrates wrote:Hi Fishies,

One of our talented Big Fish Blog Walkthrough writers, Margie B, has just put her expertise to use in a walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

If you need any help while playing this title, please just click on the following link to consult our full walkthrough:

<a href=http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/dark-tales-edgar-allan-poes-murder-rue-morgue-collectors-edition-walkthrough/>Blog Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition</a>

Happy gaming!

I bought both games, e.g., regular and Collector's edition hoping to get the strategy guide with the game (as advertised). When I de-installed the earlier regular version, then installed the collector's edition, I sill didn't have the strategy guide. the mygames referred me to come here. ARGH. So I paid for 2 games & didn't necessarily get everything I wanted. Please don't false advertise, if it's not there don't say it's there. If I just downloaded a bad version & there's a newer version, with local strategy guide, let me know where it is?

thanks

Dochilda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Dochilda on Jan 3, 11 9:46 PM
I have the seashell, water, bulb-pipette, glass and microscope but I can't seem to pickup the pipette and get a sample of the wet dirt for the microscope.

HELP! I'm stuck!! I don't have any support on this forum that I can see.

[Post New]by AixWndy on Feb 4, 11 10:26 PM
Dochilda wrote:I have the seashell, water, bulb-pipette, glass and microscope but I can't seem to pickup the pipette and get a sample of the wet dirt for the microscope.

HELP! I'm stuck!! I don't have any support on this forum that I can see.

Go to the table to the right and place the seashell, pipette, microscope, and glass on the table.

You have to put the seashell into the blue bottle. It will turn pinkish red. Use the pipette to get the water out of the bottle. Put the glass on the microscope and then you can put the pipette over the glass and the water goes on the glass. Then Duprin arrives and you go to the next chapter. Hope this helps

[Post New]by grannyjuju on Feb 17, 11 3:34 PM
robchook wrote:
gold111z wrote:I am in the Rue Morgue. I have the pipette, tweezers and ball bearing. I think I've explored all the rooms. There are a number of items left to open/handle like the ladder and carpet but nothing I've tried works. Help!!!!!

thanks

Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe Murders in the Rue Morgue Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by oanaadriana on Jun 7, 11 4:43 AM

i'm in the basemant. i have the soap, the message, fretsaw and lamp and i dont know what to do (

[Post New]by oanaadriana on Jun 7, 11 4:55 AM

i'm in the basemant. i have the soap, the message, fretsaw and lamp and i dont know what to do (

Go to: