I AM SAD

Re:I AM SAD

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Mar 11, 16 10:52 AM
Starling 41, as one of the lower levels (level 18), who joined only after the HOS drop rate changed, I am glad to be able, as such, to make a reply to your comment, albeit from a lowly point of view!!

I do not have the blue quests, nor, as I understand it, will I have them for many levels yet. So no gain there. The daily quests are DEMANDING rather than helping me with items - I currently have the DQ that requires 2 visits to the Dead Ambassador and 2 visits to the Armoured Bear - both requiring inventory items I have not had the chance to amass, and requiring multiple visits to the same HOS.

The zz items thus won MAY be worth coins, but at this level everything is needed to advance. Of course I COULD sell off those items, but when my next quest requires them I have to start all over again to gain them... more multiple visits spaced over 1 hour each... It's not that I wish to advance fast, only for advance to be reasonably possible without spending diamonds or doing endless rounds - yes, in my experience, ignoring DQ's, it takes 3 or 4 rounds (at 1 hour timeout) to get the items to open ONE zz... when you need to open 5 for a part-quest, sometimes requiring the same items/scenes.... you can see why it might get tiresome...

If you have any hints regarding gameplay tactics, or if you are having a different experience at lower levels, I would really love to hear them. Meanwhile this is certainly not attacking your post and point of view, only offering a different, lower-level perspective

I would still prefer the choice of how to play, rather than be forced en mass down one cattle-chute, but can appreciate the need for balance also. A difficult dilemma, but one of the most satisfying aspects of MC is the fact the devs actually listen to our comments - and three cheers to them for that.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 11, 16 11:21 AM
You know, you make good points. I don't know if you have upgraded or not. I haven't as yet. When we do find will work on daily quests. And that will mean that you won't NEED inventory to play them.

There is someone who always tells newbies that this game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Playing from inventory means you AVOID doing the hour apart rounds needed to play the game if you don't have inventory.

It isn't making choices that is the main difference between playing from inventory and playing the game without large inventories. It is doing the individual visits to the HOS 4, 12, even 20 times in the upper levels, and discovering that doing so along with a few extra HOS has provided you with enough coins to move forward.

It is a circle. If you have too much inventory you go through the game too fast and don't have the coins you need and are chronically broke.

This is a truly different way to play the game. I made sure I had enough coins to pay to open what needed opening. I paid for crafting on an as needed basis. If no one was crafting, that ment build up coins, so I did. If I needed pet. Food, stamps, or airship items I did some extra HOS but never complete rounds. It got me from level 62 to level 69 where I now wait for the update with more coins and more inventory than I ever had before. But the inventory is mostly zz items not HOS items.

I truly think that the devs have said no.

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 11, 16 1:58 PM
Making the rounds and doing multiple HOS scenes is the nature of the game. Whether you are making rounds to gather items for a quest you are on, or making rounds to fill the time while waiting on a cool down or just making rounds to earn some coins for the next expense - that is the way it is.

The way I see it, when items dropped you could possibly come to places where you already had everything and move on...but, you would not build up any coins...so then you would have to make rounds for coins...so you are still making multiple rounds sometimes for hours to get through the expensive craft or opening costs,

With the change, you may not have what that ZZ needs...so you make rounds to get the items...maybe several rounds...and you are building up coins so maybe now you will have 4000 coins for the crafting cost or 20,000 to open the next new HOS or ZZ

Both ways, old/new, updated/pre-update...require multiple rounds...it balances out...or at least it certainly seems to for me anyway.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 11, 16 2:32 PM
No, making rounds WAS the nature of the game. Let me make myself clear:

THERE IS NO NEED TO MAKE FULL ROUNDS.

But you have to be willing to actually play the game. If you need to go to one HOS 20 times to craft something, you go there 19 times and spend 3 diamonds because you have had enough already.

And then the next character sends you right back to that same zz in the library. In the lower levels you are sent to do binding eggs for all three open characters.

OK I read more of your post and I agree that if you play the game you end up gathering the coins you need to craft or open stuff. We were just saying it differently so I had to read it twice.

I'm leaving all of this in my post because between us we have explained why the game just isn't that different for most of us.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 2:38:22 PM PST

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Mar 11, 16 3:11 PM
All good...I wasn't clear anyway...when I say "making rounds" I mean visiting HOS that I have no quest for at the moment - just filling time and gathering coins. My "making rounds" can be 30 minutes or an hour, can encompass 10 HOS or 30 HOS. I do not think I have ever done every single HOS I have available to me in a single sitting...I'd go bonkers

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Mar 11, 16 4:07 PM
There was a time not so long ago when Big Fish was bringing some of their other games to a close. No more updates. A few games were coming to an end. There were Midnight Castle players who posted a lot of concern about this, wondering if it would happen to us. Would our game close too?! Would our beloved Midnight Castle also be coming to an end?! Noooooo !!!! was the outcry.

Read again what so many people are saying now. So much sadness, some boredom, and yes - frustration and anger when updates don't go smoothly. Some long time players have already left the game. I don't want to feel sad, bored, frustrated or angry. I've been thinking a lot about Midnight Castle, and the following is my opinion:

I don't want to die before Midnight Castle ends. I don't want my eyesight to become weaker, making it difficult to play the game. (I know there are players already struggling with eyesight issues and finding objects.) I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I want there to be a day when I cross the finish line, and sooner rather than later. (meaning I don't want to have to play this game for another five years to see what happens to all the characters) I want Big Fish to come up with an exciting, triumphant ending to the story of Midnight Castle. I want there to be a "finish line" to cross - with a CONGRATULATIONS waiting for each of us as we finish the game.

Big Fish will still be around, they have other games for us to play. Or we can clean house - whatever your preference may be. New players will find the game, and start their own journey through Midnight Castle. One day those new players will come to the end of the game and cross that big, exciting finish line. And the cycle continues as new players (or old players who want to play again) come to the game.

Whatever the time frame may be, I want to be a player who can say, "I did it! I played the game, I saw it through to the end - and it was a great ride!" In my humble opinion, yes - one day soon the story should come to an end.

Starling41
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Starling41 on Mar 11, 16 4:32 PM
That drives me bonkers too. But making full rounds also put me to sleep. Even on days when I didn't need a nap.

There is only one new area on my map and I will cross it when kindle get updated. Maybe 10 more levels. Maybe less. Then I expect they may do more tweaking.

I might play again. Or maybe not. This has been a lot of fun.

Edited on 03/11/2016 at 4:37:36 PM PST

Go to: