Cat Wash

Re:Cat Wash

[Post New]by tebstan on Dec 19, 09 11:40 PM
I love TM games and hate HOGs, so I was happy to see a TM at BF after a long time without one. But this was seriously disappointing. I don't mind silly games, or easy games, but this was absurd. Just awful. And there IS a bug in the tutorial. The tutorial, for goodness' sake! I gave up on this TM quickly as a desperate game released too soon. I'd rather wait longer, to have a decent game. Try again, BF.

[Post New]by ziggystar12 on Dec 20, 09 8:45 AM
What was the bug in the tutorial?

There is a bug in the way cats are picked up off the walls and the faces of employees that is being fixed. Right now you have to click twice. Other then that bug there have been no other bugs reported. That bug will be fixed monday and submited to Big Fish. They will probably get it updated in a few days. It's not a serious bug.

Every game these days has a bug of some kind but this one shouldn't effect the enjoyment of the game.

Here's another proffesional review for Cat Wash:

[URL removed by Moderator]

Seems to me people are attacking this game on BF for some other reason.

If its because of a bug we want to know.

Edited on 12/22/2009 at 1:08:35 PM PST

Mazii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Mazii on Dec 20, 09 2:58 PM
I think this game has a great concept, but I think the tutorial needs to have a little more instruction.

The main reason I didn't like playing this game (played 30+ min) is because it seemed buggy. I love TM games and usually figure them out quickly, but with this one, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to get the cats to move sometimes. I did change the option to click to pick up cats instead of drag and that helped. But, it seemed like cats would get done at their station and just sit there, and no amount of clicking (in any spot on or around the cat or bubble) would get them to move. Then all of the sudden, they'd move. Same thing would happen if cats ended up on employees' faces or on the ceiling. Not every time, but often enough that it was really frustrating.

I'd consider purchasing this game if some improvements were made.

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on Dec 21, 09 9:12 AM
ziggystar12 wrote:What was the bug in the tutorial?

There is a bug in the way cats are picked up off the walls and the faces of employees that is being fixed. Right now you have to click twice. Other then that bug there have been no other bugs reported. That bug will be fixed monday and submited to Big Fish. They will probably get it updated in a few days. It's not a serious bug.

Every game these days has a bug of some kind but this one shouldn't effect the enjoyment of the game.

Here's another proffesional review for Cat Wash:

[URL removed by Moderator]

I'm not attacking this game because of bugs.. and yes there are bugs in this game.. I stating in my opinion, this is the worst Tm I have ever played.. Fix the bugs, It still wont change my mind.. Give links to more reviews, It still wont change my mind..

I just dont like this game.. and the mumble jumble talk dont even get me started there.

Edited on 12/22/2009 at 1:09:12 PM PST

Diana_Mc
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Diana_Mc on Dec 21, 09 9:27 AM
[quote=ziggystar12

I'm not sure who "we" are/is, but this was my issue. I have hand injuries and don't normally do TM games but sometimes try one or sometimes can do one that is labeled as TM (Gardenscapes).

This one looked cute. It asked if I wanted help (something like that - I've deleted it) and I said yes. First, there were no clear instructions as to where to place the cats to be washed, but then I started over and looked at the picture, and finished the first round. In the next round, the "blow dry" cats and the second station showed up but nowhere did it say what to do with them or that the employee had to move back and forth. I kept thinking I was missing an employee or something. By the time I gave up, my hand hurt a lot and I never wanted to see the game again. Mumbly man was not amusing either.

If there's a good game there, someone needs to explain it at the beginning.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Dec 22, 09 12:30 AM
Folks, it says if you need extra help to click the help button. If you do that, it clearly says, "Click an employee, then a station to make the employee work at that station. Each cat needs to visit the station shown in the bubble over its head."
I have to say, if that is too hard to follow, stick to mind-numbing hidden object games.

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Dec 22, 09 7:55 AM
jennifred71 wrote:I agree with above. Played for about 10 minutes and then deleted. Much better time management games out there!

ziggy-
To clarify and give more input as to WHY I thought the game was so horrid:

Round 1: got through it just fine, thought it might have some promise and was keeping an open mind

Round 2: Tried to pick up employee to place her on washing station. She would stand up but she would not move! Tried to drag her to station, she stood up but wouldn't be dragged. Could not move her at all!

Anytime a game screws up on round 2 when I am playing it is a big loser in my opinion. No I did not uninstall then reinstall, nor will I do so. Trying to convince us to like it by providing links to other sites (which is against the forum rules btw) is the wrong way to go about it.

[Post New]by ziggystar12 on Dec 22, 09 9:00 AM
Like cabagepatcher said, you just forgot what the game taught you on level one. Employees are click and click, not drag. You were able to do it on level 1. Help explains it in detal.

[Post New]by lovely7680 on Dec 24, 09 3:59 AM
The game sucks!!!! Yes it is very buggy, the cats keep flying up to the ceiling, and keep getting stuck in the employee face. It's also not very clear in the beginning about how to change the employee from station to station. It does however state that you need to use the female or the male for different cats. But if not for the bugs it "might" be an okay game for kids!!!!

toast
Salmon
Salmon
2,618 Posts

[Post New]by toast on Dec 25, 09 9:41 AM
ziggystar12 wrote:Like cabagepatcher said, you just forgot what the game taught you on level one. Employees are click and click, not drag. You were able to do it on level 1. Help explains it in detal.

I DID try click, click! It didn't work, that's why I tried to drag her!

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jan 5, 10 12:23 PM
I won't even look at this game.

NO ONE washes their cat unless they are a sadist.

Kittys wash themselves better than we ever could and this game makes me sick. YOU DON'T NEED TO WASH YOUR CAT.

Disgusting.

[Post New]by bigtracii75 on Jan 7, 10 7:08 PM
This is the worst game I have ever played , The cats fly up into the ceiling and you cant tell they are up there . Then when you try to get them the more you click on the stupid cat he starts to spread out like he is melting . I could not get the cats off my employees faces . Two of the cats said to put them in the center of the disco floor and when I did they flew back to the spinning table , so this when on for awhile until I tried to put them on the out going table then the owners came and picked them up ... Not worth $1, or the frustration , I was irritated the min I started playing .. BAD GAME . I'm A big TM gamer . This is the Worst... take this game off of big Fish

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Feb 17, 10 9:51 AM
Well, I decided to give this one a go, despite the critics and cheers.

I deleted after 15 minutes. The MAIN reason I downloaded it is I read from someone I figured MUST be a developer since they were giving all this advice and info on how bugs would be fixed. uh, they're not.

I loved the music. Loved the tutorial, that went well. Love the cat animations. Had 3 cats, know that's pretty much what they do. However, mine do NOT float on the ceiling, do no stick to a persons face (and no matter how many times I click, it still stayed stuck). The game has potential, but its a thumbs down for me. Had to restart I think it was level 2 and 3 because of sticky cats. Got the machines to work no problem.

Bugs were reported to have been fixed. seems like there was not enough bug spray used. Nope, ain't buying it! not even on a daily deal.

and ziggystar, if you ARE one of the developers, putting people down and telling them THEY made a mistake is only going to make things worse. These are potential customers. Just because people HERE post honest and perhaps blunt (sometimes needed) reviews, does not mean they are not professional or truthful. I've read many of the posts, and pretty much each you wrote you snarked back at a poster. How about helping people, instead of belittling them? (my 2 cents). Still won't buy it, ESPECIALLY because of this kind of attitude.

Edited on 02/17/2010 at 9:56:40 AM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Oct 2, 10 9:13 AM
This game is really a class act - very funny. Just imagine all the workers and even the narrator talking to you in Austin Powers and you will get a good idea of the general feel for this game. Your Uncle Oswald comes up with a great idea to earn money - a cat wash. This isn't your ordinary pet salon type game though. Lots of cats come in, right from the start. They will request washing, drying, clipping, flea treatments, etc. and you have to manage their requests. Some cats have a preference for certain employees as well. You also must manage your employees and make sure they get enough breaks and run the right stands or they will get tired. In the center of this all, is a kitty disco floor which you can use to entertain your cats during more hectic moments. You can earn bonus upgrades such as automatic washing machines, shears to help you clip faster, catnip to offer the cats, coffee for your employees and so on. Sometimes your workers call in sick and you are shorthanded. The controls in this game are adequate but can sometimes cause moments of uncertainty but it is nothing so game breaking so as not to try this game. This really is a well conceived idea for a TM game. Lots of fun to play.

beepbouy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by beepbouy on Feb 25, 11 7:37 PM
Spotiesia7 wrote:i hated this game, i hated the fact that the cats kept flying away 4 no reason

Lol! I loved this fact! It so funny when they do that! Hahahaha! I'm immature though so whatever.

beepbouy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by beepbouy on Feb 25, 11 7:39 PM
Seji wrote:I won't even look at this game.

NO ONE washes their cat unless they are a sadist.

Kittys wash themselves better than we ever could and this game makes me sick. YOU DON'T NEED TO WASH YOUR CAT.

Disgusting.

True. Very True.

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 12, 11 4:23 AM
Just the title would be enough to turn me off. Cats don't like baths and there is no way you can make this fun for them. I can't imagine even an hour of play with this game washing one cat after the other, who thought of that?

Go to: