GypsyGhost
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:comments and reviews

[Post New]by GypsyGhost on Dec 24, 09 5:09 AM
I loved this game, even though it was somewhat frustrating at times. Fortunately there is no penalty for random clicks as they eventually showed me what to do. The massage seems to have created quite a stir, but I found nothing sexual or objectionable about it. I guess it's all in you point of view and belief system. I didn't get the sense that the developers were poking fun at any religion, but then I'm a very tolerant person. Or maybe I'm just a little dense
I'm glad I picked it up as a daily deal; I probably wouldn't have gotten it otherwise and I'd have missed a great game.
There is not the 'hand holding' you get in a lot of other games, you mostly have to figure out how to do things yourself. Good brain exercise.

One other thing BF, I do wish the commes & reviews folder was pinned to the beginning of the forum-I almost didn't find this one. I do like to check this out before I download a game.

Merry Christmas to all the fishies!!!

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Dec 24, 09 9:04 PM
I just wanted to write and say this is the best game I've played for a long long time. If you have a chance download it and give it a try. It's a lot of fun!

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Dec 25, 09 8:23 PM
If this game was not on the Daily Deal, i would not have purchased/used a game credit. The game was enjoyable, a little hokey but the storyline kept you interested. I loved the characters and their facial expressions especially the Professor. I didnt care for Tom or his voice, i think Vera could have done better. I loved the mirror games, they were very challenging especially chapter 18-3 puzzle 2-2, i had to use help for this puzzle. I would like to see a sequel and see what happens to Gretchen, hopefully the sequel will show up as a daily deal.

My favorite three characters were the professor, dino and the caveman.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 26, 09 8:08 AM
I think this was the most wacko game I've ever played. The storyline is totally stupid, and borderline hilarious, but still funny to play.

I liked most minigames, they were challenging, but solvable if you put enough thought and patience into it - even the mirror and pinball puzzles. Had to use Auntie Wiki though for the birth year puzzle close to the end. One other of those was a bit non-logic: From today's point of view, how are we supposed to know if World War 3 or the first man on Mars comes first? (Although, there were 2 women and a guy on Mars circa 1985 already - anybody remember Zak McKracken? )

About the hidden object scenes: Less would have been more. Why look for 30 things when 20 could have done too, especially if they are very small.

Bottom Line: This was a good game for 3 bucks.

[Post New]by shelagh01 on Dec 26, 09 11:12 AM
Can I ask anyone out there if there are any fixes for the game or am I just totally inexperienced! I cant wake the prof. UP! I've removed and downloaded the game 3 times and even went to another site and downloaded there. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix out there.

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Dec 26, 09 12:23 PM
Trippy! I really enjoyed this game. Made me laughed all the way through. It's true that you can't skip the mini-games but I didn't find it a problem. Most were pretty easy but fun and the couple I had trouble with, I consulted the walkthrough. I was also pleasantly surprised at the length of this game. It was quite long compared to the more recent games I've played.

All in all, I found it unusual, fun, silly but really enjoyable (I'm a silly person anyway). This is one of the few I would play again just to redo some of the mini-games and visit with some of the characters.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 26, 09 12:29 PM
shelagh01 wrote:Can I ask anyone out there if there are any fixes for the game or am I just totally inexperienced! I cant wake the prof. UP! I've removed and downloaded the game 3 times and even went to another site and downloaded there. Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix out there.

Did you just try to pour the bottle over him, or have you used the handkerchief? Said hanky is on the shelf hidden behind some books. Pick it up, combine it with the bottle, use on Einbock.

If you followed that and he still does not wake up, contact Customer Support.

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on May 14, 10 5:43 PM
I found this game orginal and cleaver. I liked the corny humor in it. It was unique plot, and it wasn't timed therefore I wasn't rushed to finish a level which I love. I play HOGs to relax, and to me a long game like this isn't relaxing if I get timed to find everything. One thing some may dislike is that you may get stuck on a puzzle. Some of the them are hard. Over all this game has a lot too it, it was worth my money.

[Post New]by GhostBunny18 on Jul 4, 10 5:22 PM
WARNING: Do not play this game if you are easily offended by religious and generally by humour taken from "serious" matters.

This game is 10 out of 10 for me. I'ts got a funny storyline, it has voices to go with the character texts, the hidden objects are fun, the peek a boo adds to the difficulty. one or two of the puzzles were rather fiddly but it was good to know I've still got a brain by solving these.
All i'd suggest is a small screen crack/pause/lights dim when someone clicks too much and a skip button if too long has been spent on the puzzle.

I've really enjoyed to silly humour of this game and maybe just maybe it really is all just a drug trip without the nasty side effects and no bad-health inducing things either so, go on! take a virtual mushroom from the mushroom age and have a good trip hahaha!

PS I love Mona Lisa

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 6, 10 4:10 PM
I've been going through and actually playing some of the games I've purchased, and just finished Mushroom Age.

I originally demoed this about six months ago. All this time I've been misremembering it as a FROG! This game is actually more of a... *genki thinks how to describe it *... very linear adventure game than anything else. There are no hidden object scenes, per se, though there are times when you need to find items by outline, and once by written list. Mostly you are trying to find needed objects by looking around, behind and under things - sometimes behind AND under, etc. Initial objects are very easy to find, but those last few needed items can be HARD to find! Good thing there's a HINT button to help you along!

There are a lot of mini-games, and they are NON-skippable. None of the minis require fast reflexes - in fact, nothing in the game is timed. The minis ARE solvable if you take the time to puzzle them out, and hints are available. And, if all else fails, there are walkthroughs with the solutions that you can easily find by doing a search

This game is filled with wit, and you'll find humor in unexpected places. You MUST have the voices turned on, if nothing else You can skip conversations either by clicking through them, or going to the options screen and selecting "Skip Dialogue". I don't recommend passing by the spoken parts since they add so much to the snarky humor of the game, but that's personal choice, of course

Be forewarned that the writing of the game is irreverent and may be offensive to some, but I found the game to be very funny. You can find a thread on these plot points elsewhere in this part of the forum, so if you're worried, do check.

Your game is saved at the end of every level - if you leave the game in the middle, you'll have to start that level over again. The nice thing is that once you finish a level, you can go back and replay it at any time! This is a long game, much longer than I expected it to be.

If you've never tried Mushroom Age, do give it a try You may be pleasantly surprised! Absolutely happy I bought this game

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 4:14:36 PM PST

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Aug 8, 10 9:25 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm going to go ahead and pin this up as the Comments and Reviews thread!

bfgTigris

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mushroom Age

[Post New]by ccostly on Aug 20, 10 8:41 PM
I loved this game. I liked the free-style finding scenes. Some of the items were really hard to find! The firewood and the graves -- I had to wait til the hints recharged to find all the rest of them! Challenging and very interesting!

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Aug 23, 10 9:47 AM
Like you, genkicoll, I had purchased this game a while back but left it after the demo because I was playing more recent and compelling purchases. And now I, too, am going back and playing some of the games that have been just sitting there. I actually started this one over because it had been such a long time since I had first played it. I'm only ready to start the Stone Age but I think it's a hoot! Can't imagine why I didn't find it "compelling" before. I love the voices and the quirky humor but I guess I haven't gotten to the "offensive" stuff yet. We'll see. All in all, I'm having lots of fun and am happy with my purchase. This may have been one of my first interactive games so maybe I wasn't feeling very secure with the genre. I'm still a newbie in a lot of ways.

[Post New]by happygrams18 on Oct 4, 10 10:35 PM
Slite wrote:Ah! Figured out why I got the ****! It seems I can write "HOG" for Hidden Object Game, but they don't like me to write "****" for Hidden Object. How funny.

What would happen to Santa Claus if he visited here and went, "**** **** ****!"

It seems to me that our society has gotten a little bit sensitive about a lot of words that have a double meaning. It is time to grow up. I am an old woman and I used the words queen, fairy, gay, "**** **** ****", etc., with no trouble at all and now today I can't use them without someone saying along with their laughter that I need to watch my words!! Well what came first...the chicken or the egg? Guess what...it doesn't matter. We are entitled to say I am a gay person..meaning happy. I love fairy stories...meaning I love those little beings with wings that make dreams come true. Or heaven forbid if I say to my grandchildren, "Santa says ****! ****! ****!. When did **** become a bad word???? Come on Big Fish....give us a break and don't let the younger generation dictate to you that we can't say our words that we grew up with. Are we going to pot? Oh...I did not mean the "weed" pot...I meant are we a nation that is afraid of words and we are cowering! I can see a censorship of words that are filth and always have been, but they do not have a double meaning, but to take away common, happy, good words is mind-blowing. By the way...I agree with what the above person is feeling too. Now don't be mad at me Big Fish...I love ya...but listen to the wisdom of this old, very old grandmother...maybe even your grandmother.

Capatin
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Capatin on Mar 28, 11 11:58 PM
one phrase sorry I ever bought this it stinks

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 30, 11 10:55 PM
I deliberately went searching for some great games, on Nevosoft's website, as I've been disappointed with several BFG games, lately. Thus, I found this game, found it was on the BFG website, demo'ed it, loved it, and promptly BOUGHT it! It's as light-hearted and fun as their game, Christmasville, is (their original, one-of-a-kind, Christmas game, that I ADORE! ).

What I was looking for were FUN, upbeat, colorful, whimsical, cheerful games, similar to the two "Snark Busters" games and knew that Nevosoft was a developer that prefers that style, as well (as opposed to the never-ending dark, dreary, grisly, gruesome, grotesque, eerie, blood-thirsty, occult-filled stories that have long overwhelmed the computer gaming world, IMHO)! As an RN, for more than a quarter of a century, I've had all of the death, murder, mayhem, crises, criminals, craziness, and horrifying events - in REAL LIFE - a person could EVER want to be constantly exposed to!

One of the ways I handle the SEVERE STRESS of my professional life, is to get weekly full-body massages, in which I am completely BARE, but covered by a sheet and massaged, expertly (and non-sexually!), by an highly skilled, MALE massage therapist! I have NOTHING to be afraid of, either playing this game OR by being massaged in the nude (for 8+ years!). This is a great game, exactly what I expected from Nevosoft, and I'm grateful I bought it!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 24, 11 2:31 AM
This is an adorable game, with humourous characters. Every hidden object scene has a purpose directly applicable to the game, and while most of it is fairly easy, some parts need some creative thinking. It's a might-buy for me.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 1, 11 12:26 PM
colourful graphics i loved the worm hole!! irritating music and dialogue. some very difficult mini games. glad this game is over come on big fish i know u can do better

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Nov 25, 11 7:43 AM
I purchased this game when it first came out and loved it. I would like to have more like it. Seeing i come up again I just wanted to say it's well worth the purchase and I think I'll just go play it again for the pleasure I received the first time.
I know it's been a long time since I played the game but sure don't recall some of the things I've been reading about it. Don't let children play it? My Grandson played it with me and I've very careful about what he plays and sees on TV. I'll play it again to see if I can determine what in the world some are referring to.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Nov 25, 11 10:42 AM
I bought and played this game ages ago and really liked it. Worth a try!!

Go to: