Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 8, 10 1:30 AM
new hidden object game penny dreadful's sweeney todd
posted in Chit-Chat Corner on Jan 6, 10 2:51 PM
BFG will have it first (after the developer of course).

Picman

[Post New]by formarudny on Jan 14, 10 6:27 AM
Just tried the 1 hour free trial - thank goodness I did before buying as I can't seem to get past the contents of the (I think) wheelbarrow. I click on the nail and the mosquito but nothing happens. I played for half an hour but still didn't get past the first scene.

runaway63
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by runaway63 on Jan 14, 10 6:35 AM
Wow just tried this game----it's great. Now all I have to do is wait til next week for the $20 it will cost me. No prob....I can be patient when I have to be.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jan 14, 10 6:54 AM
I'm pleased to see they have a demo for the CE of the game. I'm not pleased with the TGT so will have to give this demo a try. If I decide to purchase, I'll probably wait for the standard edition ... but glad BFG is giving us a look at the CE so we can make an informed decision.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Jan 14, 10 9:59 AM
Hi folks,

Just as a heads up, I've gone ahead and moved this thread to the official forum for this game.

You can find a game's official forum by clicking on the "All Games" tab at the top, then by searching for the name of the game you wish to post about. Posting in the official forum for a game helps to keep the Chit-Chat corner tidy!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jan 14, 10 2:04 PM
Divaaa wrote:Just played the demo, scenes were way to dark for me, hint system is good,,

But it is also a collectors ed,,,, not worth 23.95 canadian too me

I wouldn't buy the CE either. But I did have to go in and reset my brightness and contrast to see better. It might help you also.

NMlost62
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by NMlost62 on Jan 16, 10 5:59 AM
Played the demo on the Play Pond site and loved it! I will buy this tho' I hate the price! The music is delightfully atmospheric, most of the objects are true to period, and the dark, spooky scenes are shiver inducing. I also enjoyed the voice actors performances, as they seemed to really throw themselves into their parts.

ras7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by ras7777 on Jan 17, 10 5:49 AM
Good game, I really enjoyed it but... WARNING: BF site advertises Exclusive Hidden Object scenes in the CE. The Hidden Object scenes and puzzles unlocked the CE are the SAME ones you just played in the game. You are not getting any EXTRA Hidden Object scenes and puzzles! Not worth the extra money for the CE if that is what you are expecting.

Cheriezel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Cheriezel on Jan 17, 10 10:46 PM
ras7777 wrote:Good game, I really enjoyed it but... WARNING: BF site advertises Exclusive Hidden Object scenes in the CE. The Hidden Object scenes and puzzles unlocked the CE are the SAME ones you just played in the game. You are not getting any EXTRA Hidden Object scenes and puzzles! Not worth the extra money for the CE if that is what you are expecting.

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if it was worth the extra price for the CE, I'll wait for the regular edition then.

StarThrower
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by StarThrower on Feb 4, 10 12:32 PM
For Mac Peeps:
Is anyone having trouble launching/running the full (standard) version of Sweeney Todd?

The CE demo ran fine, but now that I have purchased the standard version, it will not launch. Tried it on both an Intel Mac and non-Intel. Both with 10.4.11 and plenty of Ram and HD space.

Downloaded the game THREE times. Once it is copied to apps folder and the icon clicked, the registration screen opens for a millisecond then closes. No launch.

Any suggestions out there?

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Feb 4, 10 2:15 PM
Hi StarThrower,

I definitely recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. Click on the green envelope to the right, then on the "Contact Us" link.

I also recommend the Mac forum in Chit-Chat. We have a lot of very knowledgeable Mac users there that might be able to help you out as well. Click here to check it out.

I hope this helps!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

[Post New]by Swiftrz on Feb 6, 10 8:49 PM
This game so isn't worth it if you don't buy the Collector's Edition. They take away quite a few puzzles and it's short in length. Wishing I hadn't spent the money on it.

[Post New]by casualcraze on Feb 6, 10 11:33 PM
this game is ok but it seems a bit too short for me.

dognclog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by dognclog on Feb 13, 10 8:09 AM
Just finished Sweeny Todd...what a macabre story! The torture room was horrible...really brought home to me man's inhumanity to man (and animals). I enjoyed the game, not being particularly familiar with the story, but it was dark -- I had trouble seeing some of the things. It was very well done though: some of the hidden objects were really hidden! I didn't buy the CE, and when I went to reference the walkthrough it said it was only available for the CE, so had to go to GZ for a couple of spots. Good game!

sketchygirl
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by sketchygirl on Feb 15, 10 6:24 PM
[color=sketchey girl here, been playing sweeny todd for awhile now I found some of the puzzles a little difficult particularly when you have to chase todd himself,frustrating. At first I found it hard but then I found myself at the end, wished it could have been longer, good game and graphics.

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Feb 15, 10 6:52 PM
I KNEW it!! I thought it was quite a bit like Sleepy Hollow!! I never pay attention to the makers, but am about to start doing that, as I'm tired of getting a few dissapointing games. I really liked it, but of course the darker side of H O G games really draw me in! I could see how some folks might like a lighter game, both in scenes & story line. I think they have plenty of them out there, as I take a peek, but pass so I can buy the eerie ones!

Hidden objects tend to be a bit tough, but you can use your hints...no biggy. I also thought the length of it was just right. It's a good one to play, while waiting for the next MCF in another - dare I say it - 10 months!!! AARRGGHH!!

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Mar 30, 10 3:01 PM
Is there walkthrough for this game ?

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Apr 1, 10 6:32 PM
I just finished the game .......Loved it ! but a little too short ,I hope the next one is a little longer

Go to: