Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:How To Win A Midnight Castle Tournament

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 17, 16 11:57 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Appreciate the sharing.....

1. If I use 2 fingers in this manner....my screen jumps and tries to maximize....I can't seem to get the synchronization down, and my seconds to play are averaging higher.

3. I'm impressed that you were able to get a video of the occurrence.....If I tried to set up a video of a successful round, I would have months of out-takes before I got a successful round on video.

I had the same problem when MC switched the iPad version to expand the view of the room. Drove me absolutely crazy, as every time my fingers touched the iPad, the room would suddenly zoom in rather than click on the object. Now I am just extremely careful to touch the screen in a perpendicular motion with my finger tips and make sure I tap and pick them right back up again so I don't make the screen zoom in.

Actually, I played in this tournament once before the video taping. Unfortunately, someone forgot to press the record button, so I had to try again in 20 minutes. My goal was to just tape how fast I click so that people could see I don't cheat. It was just a fluke that I had three great spins on the wheel. I don't think I've ever had 40/40/40 in a row before. So it was even better to get it on film for posterity!

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 17, 16 12:31 PM
It was definitely an impressive feat.

I had 40-40-30-10 once. The three 40s in a row were serendipitous since you (with help?) were filming.

Thanks again for sharing.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 17, 16 12:41 PM
Daventry1 wrote:
Actually, I played in this tournament once before the video taping. Unfortunately, someone forgot to press the record button, so I had to try again in 20 minutes. My goal was to just tape how fast I click so that people could see I don't cheat. It was just a fluke that I had three great spins on the wheel. I don't think I've ever had 40/40/40 in a row before. So it was even better to get it on film for posterity!

Those "flukes" come at a much higher rate for you! (I've seen your tournament results too frequently).

Not sure how you manage to get the high percentages on the Wheel spins.....wish they presented at a higher rate for me....but, still....it DOES happen once in a blue moon.

Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 17, 16 12:55 PM
Annelliegram wrote:

Those "flukes" come at a much higher rate for you! (I've seen your tournament results too frequently).

Not sure how you manage to get the high percentages on the Wheel spins.....wish they presented at a higher rate for me....but, still....it DOES happen once in a blue moon.

I work from home, so when the tournaments are on during the day, I do diligently play my free turn every 20 minutes. 90% of the time, I'm regularly spinning 10/10/10 or only finding 7 or 8 chips. So I keep playing and cross my fingers for a better round and more chips! A few times, I've gotten my good spins on the first attempt on the tournament and then walked away and left it at that so others have a chance.

[Post New]by JanieBHooked on Mar 17, 16 5:10 PM
I played on Kindle today and every single spin was the 10% between the 50% & 20% spaces. Not the other 2, only that same spot. For about 18 spins in a row. I even paid to play.

That being said, I checked my Kindle late Tues and caught the last 10 minutes of the tourney, had great times on all doors, got 3 good spins, made he top 100 and won my little orange cat.

Still trying on PC.

Weird!

All things are possible! Good luck!

Janie B

[Post New]by Catlover612 on Mar 17, 16 9:57 PM
Just missed getting into the top 100 by 6. Darn, I was hoping! That was my highest score tho so maybe things are looking up. Playing on iPad, and was hoping to earn the cat before the update because I read somewhere that acheivement will be gone.
Guess I can forget about that little kitty.
Thank you daventry1 for the good tips. They helped

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Mar 17, 16 11:41 PM
Thanks Daventry, that was an impressive video! I have enough OCD for that to make me crazy however. HAHA What interested me is that while I use a mouse, my base score was just a tad higher than yours with 100% accuracy <obviously I suppose we are trading time bonus for accuracy bonus>. I do not play too often but perhaps I should begin. I win a little tonight with a score of 200,000. Needless to say I was shocked!

Bonnie

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 18, 16 2:32 AM
I think it really depends on chips found
Have seen last chip after selected last Hos item, and if quick enough, able to snag it before the score for that room shows up...

and what wheel %. I play moderately fast ( can zen and get better scores sometimes) usually in th 60's. Yes wheel will jump
A lot for me to 10%. So just wheel spin randomness

Still only half way to orange kitty....

Crystal ; P

Have not seen video---did not think iOS player had a secret leg up in the game....

Just special talent, that lends one to select games one would excel in!

Play on! And best of luck with chips and wheel spins!

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 2:35:55 AM PST

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Mar 18, 16 3:06 PM
You can tap as fast as you want but at the end of the day it all comes down to how many chips you find and luck on the wheel, I still don't understand how the same people can constantly get that lucky on the wheel to get those high + % scores all the time.

Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 18, 16 3:31 PM
Gemmam77 wrote:You can tap as fast as you want but at the end of the day it all comes down to how many chips you find and luck on the wheel, I still don't understand how the same people can constantly get that lucky on the wheel to get those high + % scores all the time.

Because we play multiple times during each tournament and keep trying until our score gets better and better. Some people choose to use their diamonds and play again right away, other religiously play their free turn every 20 minutes...or a combination of both. I played in the iOS tournament earlier this morning and couldn't get myself past 265th place. I didn't waste any of my diamonds, as I'm saving them for the upcoming easter update. In the afternoon tournament, I got 10% spin every single time I played, until the last 6 minutes of the game. Used my last free turn and ended up with a score of 176,000. You just have to keep trying.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 18, 16 3:45 PM
Yes. When I do play, sometimes if less than 20
Minutes , I drop 5 to 15 diamonds to replay, and on last try , I will place in tournament. Other times my score is high enough after first 2 or 3 tries, and I stop.

Finally looked at video! Did try, yes my scores were higher and faster than usually, felt frantic for me! To keep on tapping!

May try it later, but just trying to obtain ginger kitty At right now... So just try to place high enough for achievement.

I think someone, said it was the scattered gun approach to tap quickly!

Keep on tapping! And best of luck to all!

Crystal ; P

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 19, 16 6:58 AM
Like Daventry, I work from home. Although I'm in one of my super-busy phases right now, I did do three turns on the noon (EDT) tournament yesterday and won 14 diamonds. Last night, I won 3 playing right before I went to bed.

My observations, incorporating what I learned from Daventry's video:
1. Speed matters most (for those of us on ios and android).
2. Practice makes perfect, and if you're not on PC, you can practice building speed in any HOS in the regular game. I'm already fast, though not near Daventry's level, but I think trying to build my speed helped me yesterday in the tournaments.
3. I still do better if I take 2-4 seconds to scan for chips before starting to tap. Daventry doesn't do this, but I find it necessary.
4. A couple of times, I found my last object while scanning desperately and continuing to tap randomly, with the random tapping making the hit.
5. Yes, spins matter and we can't control them. Statistics 101 tells us that this is a situation in which the number of times we play matters. Not everyone can play the tournaments frequently, but if you can, it will work to your advantage.

dw1457
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by dw1457 on Mar 19, 16 8:35 AM
Hi Daventry!

First I want to say I think it's horrible that people thought you were cheating!!!!!! I think perhaps you were an easy target because of the uniqueness of your name. There are a few other names I also notice frequently-because they are unique. That being said I also make the top 100 more than my fair share-however I think because my name is more common people don't necessarily notice it.

Second, thanks for sharing your awesome video!!!!! It's great and enlightening to see the different ways people play. I tried to play 2 rooms your way-and felt stressed, crazy, and out of control-my scores definitely reflected this, so played the last 3 rooms my way-steady, even, methodical. Then I spun 40,40,40,and regretted my low scores from the 2 rooms I played your way. Lol. I still won 14 diamonds, so it was all good

Third for anyone thinking that the base score doesn't matter and it's all in the spins, that's not always true!

With my 3 spins of 40, 40, 40
Base score 45,000 = 123,480 (not top 100)
Base score 60,000 = 164,640 (top 100)
Base score 75,000 = 205,800 (probably in top 20)

Dawn

Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 19, 16 6:42 PM
dw1457 wrote:
Third for anyone thinking that the base score doesn't matter and it's all in the spins, that's not always true!

With my 3 spins of 40, 40, 40
Base score 45,000 = 123,480 (not top 100)
Base score 60,000 = 164,640 (top 100)
Base score 75,000 = 205,800 (probably in top 20)

Dawn

Exactly!

SirMarcus
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by SirMarcus on Mar 20, 16 4:27 AM
Just my luck to see this when the mods have removed to link. Far enough no links allowed but if there is some way of getting better scores (without cheating of course) then why not allow a link page to help us out.

I think the highest I've ever got on the bonus spins is +10, +20 & -20

esheley
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by esheley on Mar 20, 16 7:13 AM
SirMarcus wrote:Just my luck to see this when the mods have removed to link. Far enough no links allowed but if there is some way of getting better scores (without cheating of course) then why not allow a link page to help us out.

I think the highest I've ever got on the bonus spins is +10, +20 & -20

I still have the link from when Daventry first posted. I'll send it to you via message.

Not all of us will be able to match her impressive speed, but she also reveals some tips on where and how to find more chips.

As for spins, I'll go for days with nothing higher than 20%, then get a spate of 30s and 40s. The more you play, the greater your chances of coming up with a random good spin. Meanwhile, you can practice raising the base score.

Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 21, 16 6:27 AM
Anyone wanting a link to the YouTube video, you can private message me and I'll give you the URL, as the forum mods are not allowing me to post the link on here directly.

Daventry1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Daventry1 on Mar 25, 16 8:36 AM
I keep getting asked about the YouTube tournament video. Anyone wanting a link to the YouTube video, you can private message me and I'll give you the URL, as the forum mods are not allowing me to post the link on here directly.

How To Win A Midnight Castle Tournament

[Post New]by actrippi on Jun 17, 16 6:59 AM
Daventry1 wrote:HOW TO WIN MIDNIGHT CASTLE TOURNAMENTS

I play as "Daventry" on Midnight Castle. I constantly get accused of cheating in tournaments, and after awhile, it gets tiresome to hear. So I've created a YouTube video showing me playing during a tournament, explain how I get such high scores and share my tips on how to increase your score.

There are no tricks. I don't cheat! There are rumors going around right now that you have to open a tournament from a specific MC room or collect flowers and drop coins before entering the tournament room or turn around three times and click your heels! These "theories" are useless and don't work! It simply comes down to three key things you have to be aware of during tournaments. And sometimes, it all just comes down to randomness and the luck of the wheel.

Hopefully this video helps others out and dispels the myth that I am somehow cheating. <a href="https://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">[Removed by Moderator]</a>

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry Mods, I didn't realize links were not allowed. Not sure how to direct everyone to the video, as I have the YouTube setting set as unlisted, not public. If you venture over to the Midnight Castle page on Facebook and look at the recent visitor posts, I posted a link to the YouTube video there. Feel free to message me for the URL as well.

I tried the 100% accuracy attempt and even though I did 100% it didn't give me any extra score. Can you how that works actually? I can't seem to get a tournament score higher than 170s and that was from luck of the wheel.

Thanks

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Jun 17, 16 7:36 AM
Hi actrippi,

If you play on PC you get extra points for accuracy-up to 5000 for 100%. IOS and Android don't get them, so you don't need to worry what's on the list. Since you are only playing against those on your platform, the accuracy points don't matter-nobody gets them.

Go to: