kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by kboozer on Mar 18, 16 6:19 AM
Same here. Stuck in the chapel. Won't do anything except allow me to go to menu. Using Windows 10.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by malcolmbart on Mar 18, 16 7:15 AM
Exactly the same situation here. Running Windows 10; all drivers & software up to date. If I don't see an update by next Friday, I shall demand a refund.

barelyberlee
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by barelyberlee on Mar 18, 16 7:50 AM
Exact same problem as most in here. Get the picture of the little girl go to the chapel and it freezes. I'm on Window's 10, uninstalled/reinstalled the game and that game manager and still not working.

[Post New]by pamstu on Mar 18, 16 8:06 AM
Stuck in the chapel too. Put picture on gravestone & NOW GAME IS FROZEN IN THE CHAPEL!!!!

PirateGirl212
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by PirateGirl212 on Mar 18, 16 9:35 AM
Same problem I too I'm stuck in chapel the game is frozen for me too.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by riverrat939 on Mar 18, 16 10:02 AM
I can't even get the demo to open, so I definitely won't be buying it in the hope that the full game will work. I seriously doubt that it will. The game icon shows up in my dock (which not all of my games do) but won't open when I click on it.

I am playing on a MacBook Pro 10.10.5 with everything up-to-date. It is definitely not my computer.

[Post New]by QueenHalloween on Mar 18, 16 10:27 AM
I also am stuck in Chapel. I do not understand why this game is still being sold as it has issues.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by graytori on Mar 18, 16 11:19 AM
Same problem freezing at Chapel. I have Windows 7. Everything up-to-date. Please hurry with a fix. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it went back to Chapel and it is still frozen.

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 12:27:56 PM PST

sagethyme
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sagethyme on Mar 18, 16 11:38 AM
Hey Big Fishes, if all of us are stuck in the chapel, then that means it's not us but the game that has problems.

PLEASE GET US A PATCH...soon. Thank you.

[Post New]by retrohappy on Mar 18, 16 11:49 AM
I have a frozen game at the Chapel after getting the photo of Sophia in the Graveyard, can't use the map, hint, or any on gameplay screen items or areas to navigate away, the only functioning aspect of game is the menu to exit. Restarting again and reloading does not fix the problem, still frozen at that point.

I am playing PC version in Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Mar 18, 16 12:08 PM
Same here stuck in the chapel,window 10.please fix this please

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by charliehenry on Mar 18, 16 1:33 PM
Same problem-stuck in chapel-no way forward or back-tried all the supposed fixes-NADA- unless fixed soon I want a credit to my account. Not acceptable.

PS on Windows 7-I want a refund - not willing to wait for you to MAYBE fix.

Edited on 03/18/2016 at 7:03:13 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 18, 16 3:50 PM
I'm so surprised to read about this 'freezing' issue; I have played the entire game and the bonus with absolutely no issues whatsoever. So for me there is no problem with this game and I'm curious as to why.

My desktop is 9 years old, so not exactly state-of-the-art. It has had some upgrades; most notable is that the main hard drive has been replaced by a solid state drive which is very fast. But overall it's nowhere near as good as a new PC would be.

I didn't like Win10, so I'm still using Win7 Pro 64-bit which is now a pretty old OS and yet I rarely get any technical issues with games. I'm really puzzled as to what causes so many issues for others (especially those with much newer PC's) when I hardly ever get any problems

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Roses on the Door

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 18, 16 3:55 PM
Sadeyed wrote:When I get to the part where you have to select the roses on the door, nothing happens when I select the first one.

To be sure I was doing the right thing I checked the guide and used the hint (something I never usually do). I also restarted the game.

You have to slide the roses/vines up or down (or across) the screen. Just clicking on them does nothing; I spent ages trying to get it to work and blaming the game until I figured it out

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Roses on the Door

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Mar 18, 16 4:24 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
Sadeyed wrote:When I get to the part where you have to select the roses on the door, nothing happens when I select the first one.

To be sure I was doing the right thing I checked the guide and used the hint (something I never usually do). I also restarted the game.

You have to slide the roses/vines up or down (or across) the screen. Just clicking on them does nothing; I spent ages trying to get it to work and blaming the game until I figured it out

Lol thanks. I ended up skipping it (hate doing that). However I, like many others, am now frozen in the chapel so my message to BF stands!

[Post New]by riverkeeper on Mar 18, 16 5:33 PM
Good for you angelfish106 but I still cannot finish game. How was the extra game?
I liked what I was able to play in the main game.

[Post New]by Beckiep on Mar 18, 16 6:08 PM
sagethyme wrote:Hey Big Fishes, if all of us are stuck in the chapel, then that means it's not us but the game that has problems.

PLEASE GET US A PATCH...soon. Thank you.

^^^^ Yeah....this! And please don't tell us to look at the FAQs again. I, for one, always try those before posting here I know, not everyone does, but I think most of us are experienced and realize that's the first step. It also seems to be the stock answer when something isn't right. Like "it CAN'T be a problem with the game. It must be you." I think when there are almost two pages of us having the very same tech issue, it's probably not all "us." There's a problem with YOUR game.

If you haven't guessed, I'm frozen in the chapel as well. PC Windows 10.
(This after encountering another games with technical glitches about 2 weeks ago. Same answer offered, of course didn't work, and I was finally refunded my money.)

[Post New]by JEM1285 on Mar 18, 16 8:09 PM
Same here, frozen in the chapel.

Running El Capitan Mac 10.11.3, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

[Post New]by MazzaWazza on Mar 19, 16 2:02 AM
Sorry to be completely unoriginal, but I m stuck in the chapel. Using Windows 7 Pro. When I first entered the room I could interact with a few things, but couldn't get inventory items to interact with them. Now I can't click on anything.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 19, 16 2:44 AM
riverkeeper wrote:Good for you angelfish106 but I still cannot finish game. How was the extra game?
I liked what I was able to play in the main game.

The bonus chapter was much longer than I expected it to be and pretty good. It was linked to the main game but not crucial if you just wanted the SE.

I'm so sorry you can't finish the game. I hope I didn't come across as smug because I have finished it; that wasn't my intention. I posted simply to show that not everyone is having the freezing problem; also to question whether there is actually an issue with the game at all if myself and others can play it with no problems.

Go to: