skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 19, 16 8:25 AM
I am posting this here in the tech issues as well as in a separate thread, so that it is likely to be noticed.

First of all, I posted this fix also in the Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm forum, where this became an issue AFTER that game was updated. I would hope that Big Fish and the Devs would acknowledge this and either fix the issue for Windows 10 users, or at least advise these users of the temporary fix to open up the game. (This may affect Mac or other operating systems but I can only speak to Windows 10.)

Here is the fix:
Change your display setting to 125% and the game opens up and displays fine. Of course, you have to change it back to 100% after you're finished.

For those who have Windows 10, the quick and easy way to change this is to:
-Right click on the desktop screen
-select "Display Settings"
-click the "slider" to 125%

(Do the above before you open up the game)

I hope this helps

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 19, 16 9:09 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 19, 16 9:12 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm very sorry to hear about the black screen people have been seeing in the game. Thank you skpjazz for taking the time to stop by with that great suggestion. If people are still seeing an issue with the display, I encourage taking a look at the following help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Screen Resolution

Additionally, the following has steps specifically for Windows 10 computers:

Windows 10

If this issue is persisting, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. While we don't have the tools on the forums to provide in-depth troubleshooting for tech issues, our Reps can gather data on and report problems, and are always happy to help. I'm also absolutely going to pass along these posts so that the appropriate team can see them.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by gaelicein on Mar 19, 16 9:52 AM
Running Windows 10. No issues with the demo.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 19, 16 11:01 AM
Windows Vista for me, and I have trouble with many games, probably because of my old computer, but I had no issues playing 25 minutes of the demo, and am purchasing the game.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Mar 19, 16 11:52 AM
I am not have the black screen problem but I get the {up date your graphics driver problem. I have a new computer and windows 10 ? Help please I really want to play this game. I tried the 125 screen did not help. I installed A flash and nothing.

Edited on 03/19/2016 at 11:53:49 AM PST

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Mar 19, 16 12:39 PM
iMac, OS X 10.11.3 - after I open the safe, this game freezes when the newspaper article is displayed; have to Command +Q to exit. This garbage is getting out of hand! BF, you are going downhill rapidly!!

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on Mar 19, 16 1:18 PM
Thank you Skpjazz. It worked perfectly!

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Mar 19, 16 3:00 PM
Did not have problems downloading however, can not get a full screen.

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Mar 19, 16 3:52 PM
I have Win 10, too, and keep my display at 125%. Had a blank screen. Set display to 150%, and it now works. I hope, though, that Mad Head or Big Fish will fix this glitch for us.

[Post New]by keebs822 on Mar 19, 16 5:06 PM
Same problem here, running windows 10. Blank screen with music.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 19, 16 7:31 PM
Black screen but sound
Running factory installed Windows 10 on New Desktop PC

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Mar 19, 16 7:43 PM
Thank you to all who gave suggestions on how to run the game. But I am beyond unhappy with this. Same as others: black screen, unable to run the game. This happened, even with the fixes, on the last game from this dev. LOVE them, but seems like there is a serious problem: do NONE of the Beta testers use Windows 10?

I haven't tried the suggestion to change my screen settings: while that might work, I do not think that should be something that we, as consumers, should have to do.

Cannot describe how disappointed I am.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled the "fixes" for the last Mad Head game. Still cannot get it to play.

Yes, the code for a free game is nice, but not good enough for me. BFG, what is up?

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 5:41:34 AM PST

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 19, 16 10:13 PM
suus52 wrote:Downloaded Cadenza twice and I still get a black screen + music. I have Windows 10.

SAME HERE

[Post New]by cyrus3 on Mar 20, 16 4:03 AM
Just wanted to let techs know that also have a black screen on this game. This happened to me also on Rites of Passage: Heart of Stone. I followed all the instructions on the help page, including updating my drivers and still had the blank screen I had just updated to Windows 10 on my laptop a few weeks prior to this . Went back to check on other Mad Head Games that I own and that worked perfectly on Win 7 on same exact laptop before the Win10 update; now all these games only give me a black screen also. I do believe that Mad Head needs to address this problem. There seems to be a glitch in there games where Windows 10 is involved! I'll be reporting this problem to customer service as well and requesting a refund for these other Mad Head games if there isn't a fix done within the next month or so. I really like Mad Head Games so I hope this issue can be resolved quickly.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 20, 16 6:15 AM
I downloaded and played the whole demo yesterday morning with no problems at all. My PC is 7 years old, using Windows 10, and Display is set at 100%.

Edited on 03/20/2016 at 6:38:28 AM PST

[Post New]by leenorie on Mar 20, 16 8:06 AM
Windows 10, Latest Explorer, computer 2 months old. Blank screen, just sound. Downloaded, uninstalled and re-downloaded. Same problem

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Mar 20, 16 9:10 AM
windows 10.....can adjust hint time but cannot move the skip button and not allowed to skip puzzles.

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Mar 20, 16 1:13 PM
Blank screen with sound on a new laptop running Windows 10. The "help" pages are beyond useless. While I'm glad someone was able to figure out how to get the game to run, I do not think I should have to constantly fiddle with the setting on my computer just to play a game.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Mar 20, 16 1:46 PM
Nope, just doesn't work. Neither did the last game from this developer.

Go to: