Stick a fork in me !!!

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

Re:Stick a fork in me !!!

[Post New]by Astra02 on Mar 20, 16 10:49 AM
I quit doing them once I reached the achievement for them...Not wasting anymore time with them as well. The only way I made the achievement was spending diamonds in order to play back to back rounds...otherwise I never did well enough waiting for my free play to rank in the top.

This is me as well. I just got the cat, and I can't see myself doing any more tournaments; partially to give other folks a chance, and partly so I don't have to stay chained to the computer for 2-3 hours.

Astra

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 20, 16 10:59 AM
Last night was "close but no cigar". My secondary game ranked 43, but by the time the tourney ended was 105. Main game ended at 174. I keep trying because I only have one win towards the achievement in each game. And my starting scores are GOOD. But, even playing back to back with diamonds does not help. The highest scores are ALWAYS (with rare exception) the first play, at least in my games. Wish at least one of mine was a so-called "lucky game."

kiki232627
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by kiki232627 on Mar 20, 16 12:41 PM
My first game every single time gets the most chips and the best results at spinning. Even if I pay diamonds to play again, I never get a better result so I never can score well enough. I have given up on tournaments. I know that I'll never get that ginger cat but I have accepted it.

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 20, 16 4:22 PM
I just played the tournament and got 1 chip in 5 of th 6 rooms. The 6th and final room had 3 chips, but of course, with 8 chips, I only got 2 spins of the wheel of doom. I do not like the 1 chip rooms. I would rather not play the tourney than to just get 1 chip per room.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 20, 16 5:29 PM
kiki232627 wrote:My first game every single time gets the most chips and the best results at spinning. Even if I pay diamonds to play again, I never get a better result so I never can score well enough. I have given up on tournaments. I know that I'll never get that ginger cat but I have accepted it.

It's the same for me, and I'm pretty sure plenty of others. In thinking about the apparent sure thing of the 10% wheel spin, coupled with the strong likelihood of getting your best score in the first game, I'm now scratching my head. I've played often enough to expect this same pattern time and time again. But it seems to me they would WANT it to be more random. I mean, if we didn't already know this pattern, and could expect that we might actually better our score if we kept on playing, then wouldn't we be much more likely to spend/buy crystals and play out the entire tournament??? Oh, yes, and the chips. Finding only 7 is also becoming a regular pattern, at least with me. And I'm becoming afraid to find twelve, because that pretty much guarantees all 10% spins (and possibly even a zero or two).

sadie700
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,206 Posts

[Post New]by sadie700 on Mar 20, 16 6:53 PM
My first game is usually the best one. But the other day, my lower level game Tidalwave, played 4 times and the best was in the last 10 minutes, the last game.
Made the top 100 around 50 or so.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Mar 20, 16 11:21 PM
Still random for me, of which entery gives higher % spins.

Have had higher % spins on first and second try many times, but twice on very last try with 5 to 8 minutes to go. And everywhere in between....

This last one on iPad [#3] had been sooooo frustrated with coin @, and % on wheel, that I did tournament watching 2 TV shows. I paid in many times..... More than I ever had, ( receiving 7 or 8 coins ) finally last try 4 spins with high enough % to make it into too 100.

Most of times just 10% or 0. Or 5, 7, 8, 11 coin.....
Once 5 spins, 10-10-10-0-20...........

Closer , to obtaining kitty

Crystal ; P

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Mar 22, 16 3:34 PM
Somebody is getting a lot of chips AND high percentage spins. I don't think you could get almost 500K otherwise.

Good luck and God bless.

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Mar 23, 16 7:26 PM
I wish they would just do away with the chips all together. What ever totals you get in the HO's should determine what your ranking is.All of my spins are 10%, I did get a 20 & 30 but my base score was so low didn't matter what I spun and the accuracy never reset with my second game, or third and so on.

Enjoy paying in the tournaments. I'm done playing them.

betslou41
Clownfish
Clownfish
951 Posts

[Post New]by betslou41 on Mar 24, 16 3:59 AM
magz13 wrote:Somebody is getting a lot of chips AND high percentage spins. I don't think you could get almost 500K otherwise.

Good luck and God bless.

I haven't played for a time, just went in and played 1 time. Nothing has changed. still have 1 chip in 3 rooms !!! What a waste of time !!!

Betslou41

[Post New]by TNTtimelord on Mar 24, 16 2:10 PM
Wow, I usually get 8-11 chips and then a 10, 10, and 20. Once I got 15 chips. Are there really people who get maybe 5 chips?

Also, I've noticed when I re-enter, I'll get roughly the same chips, but nothing to change an extra spin, and I'll always get the same rolls. I have a hunch there's pre-set results for everything, not just tournaments.

Nickimine
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nickimine on Mar 24, 16 3:11 PM
I like to read posts about the Tournaments. It makes me feel better about how bad my scores are, and my 10 % spins! Players have theories about the spins of the Wheel. Some believe it's better to only have 3 spins vs 4 spins, feeling the Wheel lands on higher percentages with fewer spins.

The Big Fish Moderators are reading our posts. They read our theories - not just on the Tournament Wheel Spins, but on the Wheel of Fortune spins as well.

Instead of leaving us to our theories (conspiracy theories ... lol ?) why doesn't a Moderator jump in to these conversation threads - and relieve us from the stress of guessing?! All one of them would have to do is say : "Hello Midnight Castle Players. The Wheel in the Tournament is absolutely just left to chance." Why leave us guessing?!

Same with the other Wheel. The one we want Eggs from! Instead of Players offering advice (conflicting advice, as what works for one player does not work for another player) I would love to have a Moderator drop by the thread and tell us the real deal. It's not like they would be giving away any secrets to the Midnight Castle game.

Dropping into a thread to speak to the issue being discussed - and giving an honest answer - would leave Players with correct, non-speculation information. Having that information will help me decide if I want to play in the Tournaments. It will help me decide how many times I'll try the spin of the Wheel of Fortune.

Jean

mynana33
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by mynana33 on Mar 25, 16 4:30 PM
It's very disheartening when you get good score and 3 to 4 spins and they're 10s and 20s.

Edited on 03/25/2016 at 4:32:16 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 25, 16 4:51 PM
MaggieHand wrote:This isn't in regards to Tournaments, but I'm tired of playing the games and getting shards or 15 coins. I impossible moving forward and all I get are shards or coins.

You are certainly not alone, MaggieHand......

Post your comments to the thread to the Developers regarding the January 2016 update.....that is where everyone is posting their requests to have the game restored to the original HOS item dropping.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 27, 16 6:21 PM
mynana33 wrote:It's very disheartening when you get good score and 3 to 4 spins and they're 10s and 20s.

I have persevered, playing every tournament I possibly can, even late at night and before sunrise. Nothing ever changes. In fact, I think the wheel is even worse since the 3/7 update RAISING the percentage of 10% spins, if that's even possible (as well as less chips...oftentimes I only get two spins). At first it was a challenge. Since my scores are pretty darn good at this juncture and I've come a long way by playing ALOT. I thought, I'll just keep going...sooner or later luck will be on my side. Well, it hasn't been, and lately I've been dreading the tournaments, as they aren't any fun even in the slightest. The odds are clearly out of whack. It would seem that by playing sheer volume, the odds should be better, even if only by fluke. But what I would like to know, is why I keep seeing the same names over and over and over again in the Top 100? Do they know something I don't? Some are in the top 100 every single time they are in the same tournament I am. You'd expect maybe they'd have at least ONE bad day.

I don't even want the Champion Cat anymore I'm so sick of the tournaments. Is there nothing fun left in this game?

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 27, 16 7:53 PM
I just wish they (developers, rule-makers, glitchfairies, whomever) would change the price to play as the time runs down.

The same way the cost is lowered as time goes by to reopen the dice table AND to bring the airship back sooner.

(It should be 1 diamond to replay after 15 minutes, not the same 5 charged for replaying at 20 minutes!)

Am I alone in this simple request?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 27, 16 8:14 PM
I have never even thought of this. But, if you divide 20 min by 5 diamonds, that is one diamond every four minutes. So, I see what you are suggesting. If you enter the tournament after waiting 8 minutes, instead of 20, you would then pay 3 diamonds. Or, if there is only 8 minutes left in the tournament, and you do not have time for another free play, the cost to get in would be 2 diamonds. Am I making sense...is this your train of thought?

As for me, I just wish the "glitch-fairies" would fix the wheel, as I am beginning to believe it is set the way it is intentionally. I just love to watch it land on 40%, hesitate, and then jump over to 10%. Do they have to make it that obvious??

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 27, 16 9:23 PM
I was thinking something like this:

Time left before free replay:

20 minutes: 5 diamonds

15 minutes: 4 diamonds

10 minutes: 3 diamonds

5 minutes: 2 diamonds

2 minutes: 1 diamond

eta: or whatever math makes sense...but it is sure seems unfair now.

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 9:47:23 PM PST

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Mar 29, 16 9:38 AM
TNTtimelord wrote:Wow, I usually get 8-11 chips and then a 10, 10, and 20. Once I got 15 chips. Are there really people who get maybe 5 chips?

Also, I've noticed when I re-enter, I'll get roughly the same chips, but nothing to change an extra spin, and I'll always get the same rolls. I have a hunch there's pre-set results for everything, not just tournaments.

It definitely varies for me... current tourney I've had maybe 6 tries, ended up with between 14 and 6 chips in total, and I look HARD! Wheel spins nothing to write home about, (ah, 10% slot, you must love me....) so current 'high' of about 152,000....

I've NEVER found 15 chips

Some previous tourneys I've had roughly the same amount of chips each try, others I've started with low chips and had one 12 chip round in the middle.... wheel spins have been consistently 10% (or 0, argh!) on some tourneys, more varied on others....

I've scored better at the end, the beginning, and randomly in the middle - generally end or beginning, but only been playing a couple of months and not been keeping a very close eye on the stats, so that's just my feeling...

Susiewastaken - really like your idea of lessening the number of diamonds required for cooldown as time gets less - I don't spend diamonds often, but that would definitely give more incentive.... I'm guessing the more diamonds spent overall on a tourney the higher the prize pool?? And that's gotta be good!

Good luck to all, I wish you many chips and many shiny diamonds
PS - does anyone know why my emoticon option has disappeared?? Unless I used them all up....

ETA: (((((Hugs)))))) NoFishToday.... please don't give up, Lady Luck will surely smile on you at some point, sounds like you are more than due! I'd send you lucky clovers if only my emoticon menu was showing.... until then, lucky ((hugs)) will have to suffice...

Nickimine - So far I honestly think it's down to luck To start with I was very lucky winning eggs on the dreaded Wheel of Fortune... the last few weeks I only see them merrily spinning by... can't even win an 'odd' egg..*sigh*... guess Lady Luck has turned her smile elsewhere!

Edited on 03/29/2016 at 10:00:14 AM PST

Go to: