Rasputin's Curse

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Re:Rasputin's Curse

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 25, 10 10:20 AM
Hey Fishies!

Now that we have this game on our site, there is a full game forum dedicated to Rasputin's Curse! Just to tidy up the forums I've gone ahead and moved this thread over.

Feel free to continue the discussion on the full game forum by clicking here!

Cheers!

-bfgZambezi

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Jan 25, 10 6:45 PM
BinLA wrote:I deleted it after 30 minutes. I got tired having to tidy up every place she went! The objects were too small, and sometimes you didn't know if an object was hidden or not because it wasn't in a different color or anything on the list. It irritated the heck out of me, and I only got to the hotel lobby, so I never got to see the good stuff.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Jan 25, 10 6:46 PM
Have to agree with you on his one..............I found it rather slow and the objects were way too much trouble to find,

I didn't get to the "good stuff" either.

This is NO for me.

[Post New]by katetbetrue on Jan 25, 10 7:18 PM
Mind-numbingly dull. I couldn't even finish the free trial.

[Post New]by dappelgrey on Jan 25, 10 7:26 PM
I am 78 and eyes not that good but had no trouble finding objects.The game itself seems very juvenile and will not spend money on it.I use the games to keep my mid alert and this one doesnt do it.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jan 25, 10 7:37 PM
I thought the game sucked. I have NUMEROUS Big Fish games and am addicted to the hidden object games. This one did not strike my fancy at all! On a scale of 1-5...minus 5!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jan 26, 10 6:05 AM
Demo'd it again just to see where it went.....1 hr 38 min total to complete in its entirety & boy I wish I hadn't bothered. I think the writers were smoking something to come up w/ such a lame storyline! Waste of time.

[Post New]by lunameow on Jan 26, 10 8:18 AM
I tried the demo, got through quite a bit, and went ahead and bought it because it seemed like there was plenty more gameplay left. I was wrong. The storyline wrapped up quickly in a rather rushed way without explaining much of anything and leaving a major plot point completely unresolved, and the last piece of it was simply stupid, confusing, and unnecessary. If I'd realized I'd only get another hour of play out of it, I wouldn't have wasted my money. Very disappointing.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Jan 27, 10 6:15 AM
I only made it about 20 mins and I usually at least complete the demo .. the story seemed really convoluted .. I mean ... come on .. you find your husband in bed with someone and you go look for the parts to the answering machine ??? That is where I quit .. tho I did consider quitting after you had use a ladder to get a jump rope hanging in a tree and the jump rope was almost touching the ground. Then you had to find the 9 pears so Grandma could make a tart and then the next scene the main character is back home looking for her husband's cologne in the kitchen cabinet ...there were several scenes up to that point that irritated me too .. tho I will say that the graphics were pretty good on it and the story concept was a good one ... but they could have done a much better job of telling it ..

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Jan 27, 10 1:13 PM
I tried the demo and quit before the hour was up.
As far as the woman finding her hubby cheating, She should have beat them badly enough to render them unconscious, called 911 from the airport, anonymously.and then headed out of the country before anyone would think to raise the alarm.
There was so much lag time between scenes that I'd lose interest while waiting and think about clicking out and then the next scene would come up and I'd think it has to get better. Sorry to say, for me, it didn't get better. It seems like a lot of the developers are thinking we have very young eyes, like they probably do.
Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

[Post New]by Mauvreen on Feb 3, 10 4:37 AM
Couldn't agree with you more Koodle. My last eye check said I had A1 vision but found that I could barely make out the objects to search for. Got half way through, but so fed up about this that I have ditched the game.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Feb 5, 10 4:11 PM
I'm w/ Miss B59 - what a mess! A BORING HOG! I quit before her husband even left her - does it get better ? - who cares? Sorry guys - this one is a loser.

[Post New]by dmc5808 on Feb 10, 10 11:13 AM
Big disappointment and a waste of $. There is way more dialogue and poorly presented pictures of the heroine screaming and having dreams than there is of actual play time.

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Feb 10, 10 1:47 PM
This one didn't do it for me either....... boring....

I can relate to the laptop near the face thing though.... and the food getting in the way..... LOL

Sometimes I just wonder what DH is thinking when he looks at me and the laptop is so close to my face and I have my tri-light lamp on at the brightest setting.... almost spilling my bowl of chips (packet of crisps for our UK fish friends)......

The things we do for entertainment!

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Feb 12, 10 5:45 PM
Yup, I have to agree with all of you... this game really sucked! The story, although it could have been good, was really poorly done. Not a sale for me, that's for sure.

[Post New]by MED123 on Sep 29, 10 12:03 PM
Just tried the trail version. Will pass on this one.

Go to: