Ziro

lstockdale
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Ziro

[Post New]by lstockdale on Dec 28, 09 12:22 PM
I don't think this game works. I put the two same dice together, they didn't dissapear. I tried 1-2-3 and 3-2-1; nothing! Moving them around was no problem, I just didn't get what the whole point was. Nothing happened for me. I was very disappointed as well, since I'm really getting tired of all the HOGs. I wouldn't even take this one if they gave it to me. Sorry, bfg.

[Post New]by schnerdvark on Dec 28, 09 3:52 PM
The instructions are almost non-existent, but the game itself is fairly simple. You need to match up the tiles and then drag the mouse over the pair to make them disappear. The tiles can only move up, down and sideways, and there are other non-numbered, non-movable blocks that help to keep them from sliding too far. The tiles can also only move to the edge of the board, they don't actually fall off - (at least in the early levels, don't know about later). If you don't drag the mouse over the numbered tiles, they are still available to help you move other tiles into place. The plus and minus tiles are used to change the values of a tile, using the mouse drag to change the number. As the game goes on, there are a couple other variations such as blocks that will disappear when you click on them - useful for stopping a numbered tile and then getting out of the way for a match; and combining numbered tiles such as a 3 & 4 to match with a 7 - just remember to drag the mouse to create the newly numbered tile. Didn't buy, but the trial was interesting.

Edited on 12/28/2009 at 3:55:00 PM PST

[Post New]by JustMeMary on Dec 28, 09 6:13 PM
I couldn't get this to work either, but from most of the posts it is easier just to delete and move on. Definately not a keeper!

[Post New]by banditrider on Dec 29, 09 3:40 PM
I bought this game and it works OK, though I bought and downloaded direct from Kokakiki rather than BFG. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the game and it's not possible to bypass any puzzles. I reckon I've played about 80 puzzles, leaving me 220 I can't access. I joined the forum in the hope I might get help, but it looks like I am on my own.

bgarcia
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bgarcia on Dec 30, 09 8:08 PM
banditrider wrote:I bought this game and it works OK, though I bought and downloaded direct from Kokakiki rather than BFG. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the game and it's not possible to bypass any puzzles. I reckon I've played about 80 puzzles, leaving me 220 I can't access. I joined the forum in the hope I might get help, but it looks like I am on my own.

I have the same problem I like the concept, but there are two problems I have with the game. You can't bypass the puzzles, and they don't offer any way to get the solution. And like you I'm stuck. BFG, help us.

Edited on 12/30/2009 at 8:11:52 PM PST

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 2, 10 2:23 AM
bgarcia wrote:
banditrider wrote:I bought this game and it works OK, though I bought and downloaded direct from Kokakiki rather than BFG. Unfortunately I am now stuck in the game and it's not possible to bypass any puzzles. I reckon I've played about 80 puzzles, leaving me 220 I can't access. I joined the forum in the hope I might get help, but it looks like I am on my own.

I have the same problem I like the concept, but there are two problems I have with the game. You can't bypass the puzzles, and they don't offer any way to get the solution. And like you I'm stuck. BFG, help us.

I contacted the authors and they said they might release a key combination to bypass puzzles, or possibly levels, I'm not sure, on February 28, unless someone cracked it meantime. Seems to me no one is going to care enough to bother.

[Post New]by claudiaw on Jan 3, 10 6:32 AM
Stuck on level "Caracas - Divided". As I cannot bypass any puzzle I wondered if anyone has managed to do this level. If so, please can you help me to solve it. Thank you

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 4, 10 1:01 PM
claudiaw wrote:Stuck on level "Caracas - Divided". As I cannot bypass any puzzle I wondered if anyone has managed to do this level. If so, please can you help me to solve it. Thank you

I was given a link to a patch for Ziro to take it to v1.1 and I notice that it mentions Divided, so maybe there was a problem with that level.

I am unable to complete Minsk - Cornered, so I can't reach the part of the map where Caracas is.

I just checked and the text file with the patch says:

1.1. Fixed level "Divided"
1.2. Fixed users privilegies problems with Windows 7

4. TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
4.1. Send email on info "at" [URL removed by moderator]

I would think the patch only works with the full version, and not the demo, though I could be wrong.

Edited on 01/28/2010 at 10:40:25 AM PST

[Post New]by caschu51 on Jan 5, 10 8:21 AM
If you are in Cauracus then you have already gotten by Volgogard. I am stuck on Lost sheep. Can you help? I am really disappointed there is nowhere to find solutions. Can puzzles be bypassed

[Post New]by claudiaw on Jan 5, 10 10:53 AM
Thanks for the tip re the patch. Will try it. I started this game in Canada and I am working down into South America so haven't come across Volgograd or Lost sheep yet. Puzzles cannot be bypassed but hoping for a reply from Big Fish with a fix for this.

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 5, 10 2:11 PM
It seems that no matter where you start, you get the same puzzles at the start. I was expecting that no matter where you started, the puzzles in London, Istanbul, Minsk, etc, would be the same, but maybe that's not so. I have played two different games and "Cornered" was both at Minsk and at Dubai. Start a new game as a different user and start at a different city to see what I mean. But I also suspect it may change further along depending on whether you are playing Quest - easy, medium or hard - or Skill. Such a pity they neglected to produce at least a basic manual. Or maybe figuring out what the h*** is going on is part of the puzzle.

Edit: I started a new game from South America and there is no Divided in Caracas, so it looks like I am correct. It gets even more baffling, I now have a choice of Paramaribo or Panama City and both have the same puzzle to start with.

Edited on 01/05/2010 at 2:26:49 PM PST

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Ziro....lost sheep

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 6, 10 6:44 AM
like alot on here im stuck on caracas divided....there seems to be no way to do it....but i noticed some 1 asking for help with LOST SHEEP]....so here it is....i will refer to the dice by the munber of spots they have on them....game starts with 1 2 and 3 in bottom box and 4 5 6in top box.....
slide 2 up followed by 3...conveyer will stop
slide down 3 to bottom box and move it to bottom right corner
move 1 next to it on bottom in middle
move 3 up to top right of bottom box
slide down 2 then 5 then 4 leaving 6 in bottom right of top box. conveyer stops
hope your still with me at this point
slide up 4 to top box then move it to its in the middle next to 6, blocking the entrance to the top box
slide up 5 to join 4
add 3 to 2....not other way around...so it becomes another 5 and slide it up next to the first 5
slide up 1...which will then be opposite the 1 stuck to the magnet....slide it over and join them to make them vanish
....now you must do next bit in this order...if you add the wrong dice together they dont add up the same....
add a 5 to the 6 making a 1...
add the 1 to the 4 to make a 5
add the fives together and
YOUR DONE....
NOW PLZ....WHEN U GET TO NEXT LEVEL IF YOU DO IT PLZ LET ME KNOW....BEEN TRYING FOR 4 DAYS JUST SAY LOOKING AT THE SCREEN LOL

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Ziro, divided nightmare

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 7, 10 6:58 AM
after starting this game in south america......doing the skill levels first as thats where the instructions are.....i moved on to aussie land....then back to south america, where i came across a level called divided in caracas.... after 4 days of pulling my hair out i created a new account and started again but this time i moved up to north america the across to europe....doing pretty much the same levels as i had done in my other trip across the globe...and i have yet again come across divided...this time near paris....so i am stuck again....so it seems no matter where you go in the world its the same. now dont get me wrong, i love this game, its frustrating but such a mind challange on some levels. the way the die add up seems to change from leve to level.....but thats the fun, working it out, not thinking its a crap game. where would be the challange if it was the same level after level.
so give it a fair go. and if anyone works out divided.....PLZ PLZ PLZ...HELP ME. i have scoured the net but there isnt a walkthough anywhere....i guess its to new a game. ive done 1 in the message above for level lost sheep as some one was struggling.
many thanks

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 7, 10 10:16 AM
dbe97, see my earlier post where I metioned that a patch is needed for the Divided level.

I've been stuck on the "Cornered" level for nearly two weeks. Has anyone reached that one yet? By the way, you can see which levels you have already beaten by starting the Practice game.

[Post New]by claudiaw on Jan 7, 10 2:46 PM
Have now solved Caracas "Divided". To solve, write to info@ziroworld.com and ask for the link for downloading a fix for this level. (There was a moveable block missing from the puzzle). No wonder we got stuck!!! Some puzzles are pretty tough but found that on many occasions you need to put 2 high numbers together to get a minus eg. sliding a 6 into a nine gives you a 3 or a 7 into 9 gives you 2. The total of the two dice always have to add up to more than 9 though to get a minus. Hope this helps.

dbe97
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Ziro cornerd solution

[Post New]by dbe97 on Jan 8, 10 10:16 AM
thanks banditrider and claudiaw. will try the patch, if i can find it and work out what it is and what u do with it lol....have used the addy u posted and am waiting for a reply. in the mean time here is how i completed CORNERED..........
ok, you start with four dice, 1 in top corner, 3 under it but a block between, and 2 near the magnet
and 6 in a box with to ways in coverd by blocks.
first thing first....the trick is to get 2 and 3 in the box with 6...(by joining them to make a 5 at the right moment) so
slide 3 down then 2 down(it will then slide over, repeled by the magnet)so 2 will be on right side of screen.
slide 3 left then up then right so its next to 2
slide 2 down and then left then up then right so its on the left side of 3
keep doing this tillthere in a position either side of the bottom gap....at this point drop the block(you can drop it earlier if you want to, you just have to go round it a bit.
move 3 under the gap and add 2....making 5
slide up into the box to join 6....
IMPORTANT..... now use the same method to postion a die over the bottom gap and drop the top block on to it (this is so u can leave via the top gap and come back in to the box without going straight through and out the other side)
now use the same method to slide 5 out of the top gap, then slide 1 over to it
add 1 to 5 to make 6 over the top gap
slide 6 down in to the box and join with other 6
if you followed that well done.....i kind of lost myself a bit lol
if not, let me know and i will try again
good luck and happy adding

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 9, 10 2:47 PM
@dbe67 Genius! This level has been puzzling me for nearly two weeks! I had a set of moves in my head that I couldn't get away from and they were totally wrong. Thank you!

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by steve_t on Jan 9, 10 4:48 PM
It appears that if you make a mistake, there is no "undo". You have to restart the level - and LOSE A LIFE, or am I missing something?
I know you can just exit to the main menu, then go back into the game, but that gets annoying really fast (especially the way I play).
At this rate (level 21 of 300) this game is going to around a lot longer than I will be.

[Post New]by banditrider on Jan 10, 10 12:55 AM
@steve t. Yes that is the case, but it is often the case with this type of puzzle game. Playing through all 300 level without making a mistake seems impossible, but you can be sure that someone will do it and post a video on youtube.

If it bothers you too much, and as you have only played a small number of puzzles, I'd advise restarting as a different player and play Quest on the easiest level. There's no timer and no lives to lose, but the puzzles are just the same.

steve_t
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by steve_t on Jan 10, 10 4:41 AM
Thanks for the advice banditrider. I didn't realise the Quest option had no timer - that's what was freaking me out in the Skill section; keeping one eye on the board and the other on that darn timer counting down at the speed of light.

Go to: