nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 2, 16 1:07 PM
This is ridiculous. After last post I reopened the game and suddenly had sound and a decent cursor. Played awhile, closed, reopened no sound. Decided to play around with it. Closed again, opened; sound was back. Closed, opened, no sound.

I am using Vista Home Prime and normally have no problems at all with games.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Robie23456 on Apr 2, 16 2:08 PM
demo played well/ purchased game/ there no sound

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Apr 3, 16 2:35 PM
Had sound. Closed game. Opened game a bit later, no sound. Closed game and reopened. No sound. Uninstalled and reinstalled, Sound. Closed game, Opened game. No sound. I guess I should wait until I can play the rest of the game before uninstalling and reinstalling. Very strange. Is there going to be a fix for this issue?

[Post New]by jeneman on Apr 3, 16 5:32 PM
Game freeze when trying to use ribbon as others have posted. Using iMac with 10.11.3

[Post New]by Jules_1979 on Apr 3, 16 6:22 PM
I Brought the Game - no issues, but have now reached Fiona's room and have added the Strings and Record as per the Guide - but the HOP did not open and I have not received the note and token and cannot move on?? how do I fix this please - restarting has not resolved this bug.

Thank you

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Apr 3, 16 9:53 PM
Uninstalled then reinstalled and changed profile. Sound and played a bit. Closed out game, reopened, again no sound.

Still waiting for a fix.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Apr 3, 16 10:48 PM
"lua runtime error"!! WOW! Encountered the same freezing at placing the ribbon but game functioned just fine for me after re-opening. Closed down to start dinner stuff and now have that error message on my screen which I could not close and had to hard shut-down and restart my computer to get rid of it. Yikes. Haven't re-opened the game yet to see what happens. Windows 7 64-bit.

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pedeymom on Apr 4, 16 10:58 AM
nwl43 wrote:This game is behaving very strangely. The demo had no sound and a floaty, laggy cursor. I closed the game,reopened and started a new profile. Had sound and a good cursor. Decided to buy. Shouldn't have. No sound, awful cursor and closing and restarting and changing profiles isn't fixing it. It's just weird that it comes and goes.

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Apr 4, 16 11:02 AM
Same problem .No sound , cursor unusable . I had to go to task manager to shut down game . Windows 10 new video card . I have deleted & reinstalled , will try it later ,enough fooling around with it for now

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pedeymom on Apr 4, 16 12:19 PM
pedeymom wrote:Same problem .No sound , cursor unusable . I had to go to task manager to shut down game . Windows 10 new video card . I have deleted & reinstalled , will try it later ,enough fooling around with it for now
tried new download same result .No sound, cursor impossible to control . Please fix this

[Post New]by BellaNova877 on Apr 4, 16 4:56 PM
I have a mac OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5 and every time I try to use the ribbon on the curtain it freezes. The music still plays but it just freezes the game. I've tried uninstalling it, restarting my computer the whole nine. Nothing. I keep waiting for a software update to fix it but nothing yet. Its really too bad because I'd love to buy this game, it seems great, but there is no point if they don't fix these problems.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Apr 6, 16 3:28 PM
I didn't think I'd be able to finish the game after being stuck with no where to go after a problem with the phonograph HO, but the update fixed it. Thanks, Big Fish. I was able to finish the game.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by 3662 on Apr 6, 16 5:17 PM
got the new fix but still will not let me go beyond the "marble" part to get to the third chapter...have all the marbles but nothing....annoying is not the word...

[Post New]by jesuitwitch on Apr 7, 16 8:37 PM
Game freezes when placing the ribbon to tie back the curtain. yep I'm on OS X El Capitan

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by p500man on Apr 8, 16 7:14 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Game freezes and there is no sound, also the cursor is moving very slow. Using Windows 7.

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Apr 10, 16 2:10 PM
Finally after uninstalling & installing three times , the game is playing with sound &
a cursor that works .I hope to be able to play to the end , great game with creepy
scenes .

pedeymom
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by pedeymom on Apr 11, 16 9:56 AM
pedeymom wrote:Finally after uninstalling & installing three times , the game is playing with sound &
a cursor that works .I hope to be able to play to the end , great game with creepy
scenes
After playing game yesterday shut off game . Today no sound & laggy cursor . At least they sent me a new game code

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on Apr 16, 16 10:58 PM
Like 3662, I have downloaded the "fix" and can play the game fine UNTIL you have to do the marble puzzle to get to the 3rd chapter (2nd bonus game). I have collected all the marbles and each marble area says it has been completed, but unable to do anything but look at the screen---the game doesn't open/start. Also in Achievements I don't get the one for getting all the marbles.

Windows 7 64-bit.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Editio

[Post New]by KatFreak on Apr 19, 16 2:56 PM
kindnsruls wrote:I was in Graham's room talking to the nurse when the free trial expired. I'm back in Graham's room but the nurse is done talking to me and I didn't get her notes. According to the guide, I need them to proceed. The hint says there is nothing to do here and the map won't let me go anywhere else. Mac OS X

Oh nevermind.

I had to start the game again and work through it.

I am having this problem, too, only I never played the trial game. Is there any way to fix it without starting the game over from the beginning? I've come so far already!

I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

Edited on 04/20/2016 at 3:09:01 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Whispered Secrets: Everburning Candle Collector's Editi

[Post New]by KatFreak on Apr 20, 16 6:12 AM
KatFreak wrote:
kindnsruls wrote:I was in Graham's room talking to the nurse when the free trial expired. I'm back in Graham's room but the nurse is done talking to me and I didn't get her notes. According to the guide, I need them to proceed. The hint says there is nothing to do here and the map won't let me go anywhere else. Mac OS X

Oh nevermind.

I had to start the game again and work through it.

I am having this problem, too, only I never played the trial game. Is there any way to fix it without starting the game over from the beginning? I've come so far already!

I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

So, since I received no reply, I went ahead and uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. Didn't work. I replayed the game as another player, and when I got to the same point, I still didn't get the chest X-Ray from the nurse's notes. It wasn't there to take. Please help.

Go to: