Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 21, 16 6:19 AM
usignuolo wrote:I bought the game and got half way through playing when "Demo completed please purchase game screen appeared" and I now cannot get any further. Have tried to reinstall it but this does not work. I am running Windows 7. Please advise what to do next.

I have a similar problem to yours. I bought the game but it won't activate. Instead it will sign me out of the game manager. I have contacted customer service on 3 April. All I got back was an automated response to send in the same info I submitted with my initial complaint.

Today is 21 April. I HAVE YET TO HEAR A BLOODY WORD BACK FROM CS!!!!!

I sent another e-mail on 14 April which has been ignored, too.

I even contacted a moderator in the hope that they might be able to tell me how to further my inquiry. IGNORED, TOO!!!!

So the chances of us getting an answer to our problem or a refund.............NAUGHT.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BIG FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:
Lo and behold....April 23rd I finally got an answer and a fix.

Edited on 04/28/2016 at 6:24:22 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for New York Mysteries: The Lantern of Souls Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ThemePark on May 6, 16 4:02 PM
Since Big Fish Games may never update the game with the fix for minigame #16, I can tell you that the solution is Top Left: 4 clicks, Top Right: 2 clicks, Bottom: 3 clicks.

[Post New]by motogirl_100 on May 6, 16 5:52 PM
The game won't launch on my MacBookPro laptop using 10.10.05.
Small white screen opens up and then nothing. Won't close down either, need to force quit it in order to go back to Game Manager.
Plays fine on my older iMac that has 10.8 operating system.

marielh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by marielh on May 21, 16 12:06 PM
I finished the game and had no problems. But, in the Extras section, when I was playing the mini-games, the three colored disc spinning game doesn't work. The three discs are blank, so you can't see what you are doing. I don't think there is any way to beat this level. It's not really such a big deal. As I said, I finished the whole game and the bonus level. But, it just means that it's impossible to get the achievement for completing all of the mini-games in the Extras section. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 9, 16 4:49 PM
I purchased the game recently and was able to play until I was to be given the paint set. I completed what needed to be done according to the strategic guide but was not given the paints. The map indicates that this is the only area that there is something to do and there is nothing else in this room that can be done. The hint button no longer works and there are no other areas I can complete. I then downloaded the free version of the game and played until I received the request to unlock the game. When I tap the "already purchased" note, it just sends me back and forth between the unlock screens. Can anyone give me advice on how to get past either of these problems?

ETA I am playing on an iPad.

Edited on 07/09/2016 at 4:51:45 PM PST

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jul 12, 16 3:19 PM
Well it doesn't look like we are going to get any help here. Thanks

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Aug 2, 16 9:10 PM
This game is unreal. I got to a section of the game where I didn't have a tool to do what I needed in an HOP which means I couldn't complete the HOP. I uninstalled the game. The game went into my trash and I deleted the trash. Then I reinstalled the game. And guess what? I was right back in the place I was stuck at! I should have had to start from the beginning. This is a game that won't be completed and I'm seriously thinking with the lack of service and support that Big Fish used to do so well, but now doesn't that I may have to say Good-Bye to Big Fish

Update: When all that didn't work I got the idea to go back to the beginning by changing the player's name. This did take me to the beginning of the game, but then what happened? I got stuck on another HOP much, much earlier in the game! I wrote Big Fish at that point. I hope I hear back from them.

I don't know if this has anything to do with game problems, but when I quit this game it shows I have -1 minute left to play! And I have already purchased the game so I reactive it. But how can you have -1 minute left to play anyway?

Edited on 08/03/2016 at 11:54:38 PM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Aug 4, 16 12:59 PM
Dbingamen wrote:I purchased the game recently and was able to play until I was to be given the paint set. I completed what needed to be done according to the strategic guide but was not given the paints. The map indicates that this is the only area that there is something to do and there is nothing else in this room that can be done. The hint button no longer works and there are no other areas I can complete. I then downloaded the free version of the game and played until I received the request to unlock the game. When I tap the "already purchased" note, it just sends me back and forth between the unlock screens. Can anyone give me advice on how to get past either of these problems?

ETA I am playing on an iPad.

I was also having great problems doing things in this game until I went into the Options section of the game and selected System Cursor. After that the game worked perfectly for me so you may want to try that.

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Oct 21, 16 2:51 AM
Dbingamen wrote:Well it doesn't look like we are going to get any help here. Thanks

That's the problem no one checks these forums after the game has been out a while. And then there is also the problem that people won't return just to see if maybe there question has been answered. I think it is a no win situation.

Edited on 10/21/2016 at 2:51:30 AM PST

Go to: