hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Silver Tale here.

[Post New]by hellfern on Apr 14, 16 8:18 AM
I'm so disappointed! My kind of game but it plays and then freezes. Developers--can you get the bugs out!

[Post New]by brandigirl67 on Apr 14, 16 6:17 PM
This game has worked fine for me until today. I played it earlier today, then went out of the game and haven't been able to get into it since. All I get is a black screen. I removed the game and downloaded it again and it still won't work. I updated drivers with no help to correcting the problem.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,079 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Apr 14, 16 10:02 PM
During the trial (demo) everything was fine, but as I played more the screen began flickering slightly once in a while. The flickering seemed to increase as I played more levels and I am now in level 61 and it has become a real problem.

I play on a Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and have checked that all my drivers, including my video card, are current as are my plug-ins/add-ons (Flash Player, Java, etc.). I have never had this problem with any other game.

Edited on 04/15/2016 at 3:30:09 AM PST

xanamia
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by xanamia on Apr 15, 16 6:20 AM
After downloading the trial version, just a black screen and this info :"Access violation at 0x008599EC (tried to read from 0X00000014), program terminated."
What am I doing wrong?
I am on a Vista...

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 15, 16 4:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues people have been seeing in the games. Our help articles can often be useful when problems like these occur. I suggest taking a look at the following, which have steps and info that can address a wide range of issues, including the ones being reported here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

xanamia, I'm sorry to hear you got an access violation after downloading the trial. I encourage trying the steps in the following, which are specific to this kind of error:

Access Violation

If people continue to encounter problems or glitches, we recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on issues in order to report them, and are always willing to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by pagusas1 on Apr 15, 16 6:23 PM
I am trying to play level 18. I had to leave the game, so closed it down. Upon returning I hit resume and nothing loaded. I closed out and started the level from the beginning, now it will not end. I have Windows 10 all systems up to date and have never had a problem with any game on this site before.

[Post New]by jonesy1976 on Apr 15, 16 7:01 PM
running on a PC windows 10 game is not running got past the bedroom scene

but now it is stuck on the town shot

[Post New]by LadyMorganFox on Apr 16, 16 5:48 AM
I'm blocked on level 32.
I've started the level then had to leave but the game "saved" my progress, as different other times.
But now, when I come back to finish the level, it doesn't charge correctly.
I even tried to start over but it doesn't show all the tiles.
The one I've destroyed still missing but the moves are back to 175.
I've cleared all the tiles, still have some moves, depleted all the resources but the level won't end.
I have Windows 7 Pro and since the beginning, I had to deal with "flashes" and unloaded images.
But since now, it was affordable.
What do I have to do?
I don't want to uninstall and lose all my progress!

emiboll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by emiboll on Apr 16, 16 7:25 AM
the game was slow on the demo but I bought it thinking it would be faster after purchasing (sometimes that actually works) - but it took forever to initialize, had to use the alternative option, finally got it and now it freezes after the opening scene, have Win XP, can I get a refund for this purchase?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 17, 16 2:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the technical issues people have been seeing in the game. I encourage taking a look at the following help article for the problems being reported here. It contain steps that can be used in a variety of different situations, such as when a game is freezing or not running correctly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The following also has steps specific for computers using Windows 10:

Windows 10

If these are continuing, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Any of our Reps will be more than happy to help, and can issue replacements, or even refunds, if needed.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bambi4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bambi4 on Apr 18, 16 5:08 AM
brandigirl67 wrote:This game has worked fine for me until today. I played it earlier today, then went out of the game and haven't been able to get into it since. All I get is a black screen. I removed the game and downloaded it again and it still won't work. I updated drivers with no help to correcting the problem.

I Have the same problem operating system win 10 all updates completed, I have sent a Dr Felix report no reply as yet though, also I re loaded the game still nothing seems to work, Its a shame because I was really enjoying the game.

Sadeyed
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

The Final Straw

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Apr 19, 16 2:46 AM
This has been the final straw for me. Reached Level 47 and was loving the game. Unfortunately when I try to play Level 47 all I get is a blue screen and no tiles.

I now have at least 5 games which I have paid for that are unplayable due to various errors.

So, enough is enough. I have been a good customer for a long time and had no real issues up to the last few months. But I am no longer paying money to a company where the service is going rapidly downhill.

All you ever get told is talk to Dr Felix who is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. You've lost my business Big Fish. I won't be purchasing any more games.

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,970 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 21, 16 11:58 AM
I came across this weird issue: If you finish level 200 before earning all the badges and then try to replay levels to earn all the leftover badges, the game will freeze. So if you are the sort who must get everything in a game, make sure you earned all the badges, etc. before you even play level 200.

That banging noise you hear in the pond is me hitting my head against a rock wall since I now have to create a new player and do all 200 levels again to get all my badges...

Edited on 04/21/2016 at 11:58:34 AM PST

[Post New]by rh2012 on Apr 21, 16 5:38 PM
I'm like another person who had the same issue. I've reached Level 47 and when I clicked to go into it, I get nothing but the blue screen and no tiles. Everything around the outside edge is there but there's nothing to play with. What's the deal. I don't see that anyone answered the other person either. What's the deal, please????
Thank you.

[Post New]by Leslie308 on Apr 21, 16 6:47 PM
I have the same problem level 90 blue screen!

bambi4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bambi4 on Apr 22, 16 2:44 AM
[Removed by Moderator]
This is the reply I recivied cutommer service appalling and selling goods not fit for purpose

Edited on 11/13/2016 at 1:47:07 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Salmon
Salmon
2,970 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 22, 16 6:35 AM
@bambi4: Sorry the game doesn't like your computer but everyone's computer is a little different so there's no way of telling when these things are going to happen. It runs fine on my machine but I've seen a few other games at BFG that won't work at all for me...sooner or later it'll happen to everyone I guess. Not sure that you want your free game code posted here in the forums BTW.

Sadeyed
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Apr 23, 16 5:52 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:@bambi4: Sorry the game doesn't like your computer but everyone's computer is a little different so there's no way of telling when these things are going to happen. It runs fine on my machine but I've seen a few other games at BFG that won't work at all for me...sooner or later it'll happen to everyone I guess. Not sure that you want your free game code posted here in the forums BTW.

Well then they need to stop charging for the games if they know there's a possibility they won't work.

I never used to have these issues but recently it's been every other game.

I don't want to go back and start again with a game I have nearly finished or am half way through.

And I am fed up of seeing the standard response to people's problems, time and time again from bfgPanthalassa, which refers you to the Technical Support Team which will do anything rather than refund your monies.

If I have a game which stops working I don't want a "replacement coupon" I want my money back for the faulty goods I have received. If they were prepared to do that without question I would continue to give them my business.

They currently have at least £50 of my money under false pretenses. Just not good enough.

KDinMD43
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

Re:Blue screen when opening the game up.

[Post New]by KDinMD43 on Apr 23, 16 11:55 AM
rh2012 wrote:I'm like another person who had the same issue. I've reached Level 47 and when I clicked to go into it, I get nothing but the blue screen and no tiles. Everything around the outside edge is there but there's nothing to play with. What's the deal. I don't see that anyone answered the other person either. What's the deal, please????
Thank you.

I am having the same problem as above. Usually I will exit out, go back in and it will work. Not sure how long it will work though.

I too had to start all over again when I got to a place where I just wasn't able to go any place, due to not having any gold bars and not enough resources to get more and not enough moves to finish the level.

[Post New]by queticogal on Apr 23, 16 3:56 PM
Silver Tale level 41 froze on me. I've started the level then had to leave but the game "saved" my progress, as different other times, but this time I now need to re-find the torch and buy a gold key. Had already done that.
I have Windows 10 and no problems with video card.
Help please.

Go to: