bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Re:Update on Known Technical Issue

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jan 18, 10 11:54 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just popping in to let you all know we definitely haven't forgotten about you! We're still waiting for a new version of Dark Tales:™ Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue from the developers. This does seem to be an issue specific to Windows 7 users, however it's a very specific machine that the error is occurring on. The developers are aware of it and are still working on a fix.

If you're not on Windows 7 and are experiencing a crash or an Access Violation, please try again the advice that bfgEuphrates has posted

If you're running Windows Vista, please follow these steps:

1. Click Start > Computer > Click Organize and then select Folder and Search Options > View > Hidden Files and folders > Click Show hidden files and folders

2. Under Folders on the left click on Administrator > App Data > Roaming > ERS G-Studio > Edgar Allen Poe > Release

If you're running Windows XP, please follow these steps:

1. Click Start > My Computer > C: > Tools > Folder Options > View > Hidden files and folders > Click Show hidden files and folders

2. Click Documents and Settings > Your name > Application Data > ERS G-Studio > Edgar Allan Poe > release

If you're still having problems, or if you're uncomfortable trying the steps above, please don't hesitate to write in to technical support. Just click on the green envelope to the right of the screen. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can contact contact Live Chat.

Just sign in to your Game Club account and click on the "Chat Live Now" button. For more information on Live Chat, you can visit the Live Chat Support help article.

Hang in there fishies, we're working on it!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 11:55:44 AM PST

solara
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by solara on Jan 18, 10 8:50 PM

Thank you so much bfgZambezi for swimming by and giving us an update on the game. Are you new to the pond?

[Post New]by librarypresident on Jan 19, 10 1:23 PM
I have a new computer with windows seven and a intel 4 chipset and I am unable to play any games from big fish.They e-mailed me on January 7th and they have still not fixed the issue.They just told me to keep checking this forum to see if the problem is fixed.I am still waiting for an answer.

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Jan 19, 10 6:52 PM
I have found a solution for the game not opening that works for me. It is posted here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/75411.page#1397360

Edited on 01/19/2010 at 6:54:17 PM PST

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 1, 10 8:55 PM
We now have a new version of Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe`s Murders in the Rue Morgue available now. This new version of the game corrects the problem with the game crashing on computers using the Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset.

We apologize greatly for the trouble. Here's how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC game.
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game's executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

solara
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by solara on Feb 2, 10 10:39 AM

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. HAS COME TO OUR RESQUE ONE MORE TIME. YOU ARE THE GREATEST...

Go to: