Re:New version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by mungolina99 on May 18, 10 2:02 PM
There is a newer new version of it (1.004), available actually since MARCH!!! - and it fixes all the bugs that I've read about in this thread and others, to do with hangs, hardware errors, etc., and others too. It is faster, all round better. See my thread about game hanging. Please can you make it available ASAP! Thank you

jtcin
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by jtcin on May 24, 10 3:35 AM
Hi,
I had the problem of the frozen train since last yr, had removed/reinstalled about 4 times now, same problem. Just did it again, still no changes.
I have been asked by Big Fish to send them the Dr filix file, did that,too. no response . Can you please advise? thanks

[Post New]by ww_fan on Jul 1, 10 3:09 AM
Same problem : latest version downloaded last week, new PC... game frozen after the Train Race !

[Post New]by Storm40 on Jul 3, 10 11:33 AM
I really hope they continue the Westward Series..all of them are great.I bought all 4 and now await #5 lol

Dymphna
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Dymphna on Jul 31, 10 7:25 AM
I think I have a glitch. On the clean the river challenge the last barrel is inside the barnyard and I cannot pick it up.

[Post New]by jefftooley on Aug 21, 10 4:04 PM
alright just bought this game earlier today and its the new version 1.004 and getting the exception error please i love this series of games and would like to be able to play this game wont even load up for me and when i try the ignore get around it gives me an error message and closes the game wont load it up. please help.

[Post New]by keslix on Oct 18, 10 12:19 PM
Have the conflicts causing the game to hang under Windows7 64-bit been resolved yet?

jetgirl08
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by jetgirl08 on Oct 25, 10 7:02 PM
fishgosquish_gil wrote:My game is coming up with the error 'Hardware failed to switch to the specified mode'. It was working fine this morning and has just started doing this. When you press okay it then comes up with the following error 'Error: Access violation at 0x77D8CFBC (tried to write to 0x00030FFC), program terminated'. I was playing the Railway Challenge in Sandbox mode this morning when this happened. Has anyone else had this problem? and/or know of a solution?

I'm having the same problem. I have just redownloaded it to play it after not playing it for a while and am getting the above message. I have tried removing it and reinstalling about 6 times and it still comes up with the same message.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: New version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 27, 10 8:22 PM
The hardware failure to switch is exactly the sort of thing you should contact Customer Support for--green envelope, right-hand column. If the first try doesn't work, let them keep pounding at it! Usually they'll succeed; if not, you'll get a credit. Can't lose--may not gain, but can't lose.

Edited on 11/27/2010 at 8:22:42 PM PST

[Post New]by kmcbrair on Jun 15, 11 6:00 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I purchased this game on June 8 (2011 !) and these bugs are all still an issue. I'm also unable to do anything in my town after the train race. I've had to lower my screen resolution a couple times due to video failure messages and have had several error crashes during gameplay. Now, so near the end, STUCK!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: New version of Westward IV: All Aboard available now

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 12, 11 3:03 PM
In your state, kmcbrair, I'd be contacting Customer Support both at BFG and the developer.

dperrott
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dperrott on Aug 29, 11 9:49 AM
Love this game BUT,

Downloaded in 2009, learned to deal with crashes by saving game after each objective completed.

Version 02 came out, updated, (deleted & reinstalled). Same crashing symptoms.
So I saved frequently.

Version 03 came out, updated etc. Had to start completly new. No previous saves were in the game.

Version 04 came out, all of the saves from version 02 there, no saves from version 3.

Wanted to complete game in version 03, but it is now gone. Is version 04 just version 02 rereleased?

tracyestes
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Westward IV

[Post New]by tracyestes on Sep 19, 11 6:19 AM
My game just cuts off by itself. I have version 4. I will be playing and then it just ends and takes me back to the game manager that says "play now". When I hit play now it tells me the game is still running yet when I restart it , I have to start over where I was when I turned it on to begin with. I dont even have time to save it before it just stops. I am running windows 7 on a brand new computer.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 9, 11 11:17 AM
Yet another q'n far better handled by the Customer Support people, who are paid and trained for the purpose, than by random fellow fish.

LINDSAYR28
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LINDSAYR28 on Apr 8, 12 3:38 PM
I just downloaded version 4, and it still freezes after the train race. I have contacted customer service, but it seems to be an issue affecting many people, so wanted to post here as well. I will post back if there is a solution!

[Post New]by Darkstar485 on Nov 30, 12 4:39 PM
Hello I Have A Problem in my train station my coal is like Over 4k and still no train has come to my train station to deliver goods. Help me

Coal is this many is this a bug or is something wrong
4060/100

[Post New]by Greenbeard on Jan 20, 13 4:48 PM
Can't get to Market place 8. I connected rail to Brockway. still no Icon. Anyone else having this problem. I have version 1.004.

[Post New]by lazymeep on Aug 17, 13 3:17 PM
My train stays stuck at the train yard, the barrier stays down, and the citizens are still employed at the train yard. It is not carrying anything, but it means I can't complete half the quests or sell town goods. This is the fourth save slot this has happened.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 19, 13 3:31 PM
Greenbeard wrote:Can't get to Market place 8. I connected rail to Brockway.
So far as I know, the Market Place Challenges have exactly zero connection to the length of your railway line. Which would explain why they're all available in the Sandbox, which HAS no satellite towns!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 19, 13 3:33 PM
lazymeep wrote:My train stays stuck at the train yard, the barrier stays down, and the citizens are still employed at the train yard. It is not carrying anything, but it means I can't complete half the quests or sell town goods. This is the fourth save slot this has happened.
I don't know what you mean by "fourth save slot".

However, I'm betting your train is irrevocably stuck. This is a programming error that the developers never quite managed to correct.

As I posted in the Tech thread for this forum:

If I remember properly, the workaround was to avoid saving OR going to the race--or any town, for that matter--while a train is still transiting the map. (If necessary, I suppose you could reduce down to only one unskilled coal shoveler so there's longer between trains and make it easier to check this.)

This isn't necessary in the early game. I think the problem shows up after the mandatory upgrade at the station.

Hope you have an earlier save to Load and start over from.

Go to: