Re:Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise

[Post New]by Marniem on Jan 1, 10 4:56 AM
I just lost five minutes of my trial period while I had nothing but a black screen to stare at. Guess I'll be uninstalling this one without even trying it.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 1, 10 5:04 AM
The walkthrough for Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise will be posted sometime this afternoon.

Thanks,

Margie B

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 5:04:57 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jan 1, 10 5:09 AM
Slow and choppy game play for me too. The game looks interesting, but difficulty playing lead me to uninstall it.

[Post New]by gwenniemarie on Jan 1, 10 5:15 AM
Are games manufacturers so wealthy that they can affort to ignore us? I gave up at the hard to find screw - I did not find it and my eyes cannot take that kind of abuse; I buy a lot of games being retired and having the time and the patience but that is money that will stay in my pocket. I just do not see the point of bringing out games like this - it would take so little to make it playable. I did buy the Amsterdam Diamond, which I played through but this is hopeless for me. Whinge Whinge

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Jan 1, 10 5:18 AM
It's a same because it could have been a good game. I don't usually have problems with the games I d/l from BF, but this one is right - jerky and of key some how...

The game developer were doing such a fine job on making objects a little bigger for weaker eyes, but the last few games the objects have been small again. Hope this is the trend because I won't be buying any more games if that's the case. I'll just re-play the ones I have.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jan 1, 10 5:38 AM
The screw is in the mouth of one of the decorative fish on the fountain (at least that's where it was when I found it) on the left side.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 1, 10 5:50 AM
BinLA wrote:I really disliked this game. It is slow and choppy and there is no option to move through some of the filler scenes. I couldn't figure out what some of the mini games expected me to do, even after clicking on the hint. I never figured out what needed to be done before adding the last piece from my inventory on two of the mini games. It kept telling me that I had to prepare the piece first, but I clicked on every other inventory item and was told that there was nothing to be done with them. Definitely a from me!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Jan 1, 10 5:52 AM
I agree with you on everything. Things are to small, hard to see and they don't look like they should. I think a better game for the New Year would of been great! This is a "NO" for me

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jan 1, 10 6:03 AM
Having same problem as others. Game will not open just black screen.
I will keep checking BF to see if they can fix it.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jan 1, 10 6:31 AM
Miniatures1 wrote:cannot find a game named anka!

Hi miniatures, I sent you a PM to let you know where you can find Anka, I know you will enjoy the game.

Jin

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jan 1, 10 6:50 AM
I don't normally have problems with the games and I don't usually moan if I dislike a game (can't like everything) But I am going to make an exception with this game. It runs soooooo S-L-O-W-L-Y but then when you try clicking a couple of times in desperation to find the (say) battery it stops the curser and makes circles really quickly I can't make it out at all. If it runs slow - how comes it stops you clicking so quickly. Bizarre to say the least.
Really sorry BF - but this particular one is a no-goer for me. But there has been a glut of really good games recently so it's not a problem as I have loads to play already and I have my eye on a couple more!!!!

[Post New]by MissMichele01 on Jan 1, 10 6:59 AM
I have never had this much trouble with a game from BF. I can't get the game to load. I have rebooted my machine 3 times, and the game still won't load. All I get is a black screen. Hard to find out if I want to buy it if it won't load. I waited 15 minutes the last time and still had a black screen. Lost a total of 40 minutes of my trial. Guess I won't be buying this one...

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Jan 1, 10 7:16 AM
I won't waste my money on this game! There are too many good ones out there that are fun and entertaining......I'll wait for something better than this. I don't like games where the objects are nearly impossible to find.....that's not fun and certainly not entertaining......that's just stressful and eye straining. Then because you can't recognize the objects and click on any and everything trying to find it.....you get penalized. This is a big NO for me!

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Jan 1, 10 7:17 AM
Sorry for the frustration. Even more so since the game was not worth the frustration. I'm skipping this one.

So many people had problems with the download you may want to check back and see if a fix is entered to cure the problem. "course you won't get the 40 minutes back.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Jan 1, 10 7:45 AM
jinocchio49 wrote:
Miniatures1 wrote:cannot find a game named anka!

Hi miniatures, I sent you a PM to let you know where you can find Anka, I know you will enjoy the game.

Jin
Will you let me know too?
Thanks

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jan 1, 10 7:51 AM
I very seldom write a negative critique on an IHOG. especially one
looking so good in the beginning.
I was doing OK for the first few scenes, but quit in the village shop,
where many items were black on black velcro and I found myself
waiting for the hints to recharge.
I know there is going to be a walkthrough, but that will be of no help.

Great potential, but the developers obviously do not need us
to buy their games.

well I will find another game to treat my IHOG withdrawals with.

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jan 1, 10 7:51 AM
A BIG Thank You to Margie B for the walkthrough!

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 1, 10 8:10 AM
This is a joke ...right ? If they put more thought into the game & less time on the Youda re- vamp....makeover...boob job,,,,!!!! ..I played for 15 min & I felt like if they made these useless items any smaller I was going blind...There was 1 item that I had to use a hint on....it took me 10 clicks to find it w/ the hint !!!!. I will put the rest of my demo in the trash ...Really a bad game to start the New Year out . to better games in the very near future,,Todays date is 01/01/10.....Cheers !

[Post New]by briteredlips on Jan 1, 10 8:14 AM
Having no problems running game. I could say nice graphics, if I could SEE anything. Items to find are just too tiny for me. Could be a nice game though, but I had to quit after about 15 minutes, too hard on my eyes. I can turn this game away. Maybe other players would enjoy.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jan 1, 10 8:22 AM
This game is terrible. December sure has been a bad month for games. The only decent games during the past month have been Dire Grove and Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone. January has started out bad. The games being offered are too boring, too short, or don't work. I'am at the point were I'am going to stop playing games on my computer.

Edited on 01/01/2010 at 8:32:52 AM PST

Go to: