Re:Welcome to Youda Legend: The Golden Bird of Paradise forum

[Post New]by mahjongirl on Jan 4, 10 3:56 AM
I was all set to buy this game but when I played the one hour trial, so much time was wasted in the very dark shop scene with the dim bulb that I decided against it. Several items were in totally dark areas that I had clicked on but could not find without using a hint. It's a no-go for me.

Stuck in the temple

[Post New]by monkeymary on Jan 4, 10 6:52 AM
I read the walk-through but still stuck in the temple. Game won't let me use the key to unlock the blackbird piece. ???????????

Dennisgvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dennisgvr on Jan 4, 10 7:06 AM
If i'm not mistaken.. Youi got 2 keys in your inventory (if you have found the one in that **** level aswell).
The other key should work!

dvon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dvon on Jan 4, 10 11:53 PM
Is anyone else having problems with this game being too fuzzy to see the detail? It looks fun but, even with a magnifying glass..it is almost impossible to find the hidden items.

Dennisgvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dennisgvr on Jan 5, 10 12:46 AM
mahjongirl wrote:I was all set to buy this game but when I played the one hour trial, so much time was wasted in the very dark shop scene with the dim bulb that I decided against it. Several items were in totally dark areas that I had clicked on but could not find without using a hint. It's a no-go for me.

There's a brightness option in the option menu. Maybe that could help!

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Jan 5, 10 9:55 AM
Sorry but this game is not worth a credit. Very poor graphics. Even with a Hint, I can't find an item. That's when I stopped. I understand you can play with the dark/bright settings but that shouldn't have to be adjusted all the time.

[Post New]by nannytoerin on Jan 6, 10 4:56 AM
difred01 wrote:
kboozer wrote:Help! I'm on a beach, have found all objects and have dug up a treasure chest. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to open it. Help PLEASE!!!

Did not see your post. Having same trouble too! Hope walk-thru comes out soon. Good luck!

[Post New]by nannytoerin on Jan 6, 10 4:58 AM
difred01 wrote:
kboozer wrote:Help! I'm on a beach, have found all objects and have dug up a treasure chest. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to open it. Help PLEASE!!!

Did not see your post. Having same trouble too! Hope walk-thru comes out soon. Good luck!

There is supposed to be a key to open it from a previous area but for the life of me I can't find it because I used it in another area, so how the hell do we get past this part ANYONE ...thanks

ljr1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by ljr1 on Jan 6, 10 5:43 PM
Hello to all
am playing the golden bird, some hidden objects are very hard to see, got hung up at pond, looking for last item in list, hint directed me to pond ,but nothing there, in vicinity of water bottle location, had to go back and start a new game. Now have reached the feather stone puzzle and I can not rotate the stones to match colors. any one else have this problem??
HOG addict, (twpclk)

Dennisgvr
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Dennisgvr on Jan 7, 10 3:33 AM
i turned them by making a fast click on them.
If you have had your mouse down to long or start moving your mouse the game will register it as dragging.

[Post New]by dozerdan on Jan 7, 10 10:32 PM
bought it and like it somewhat but have been stuck in the camp in woods because of the weight i cant find for two days. really hard to figure out how to use most objects in the inventory and what walkthrough?

[Post New]by kimmishy5 on Jan 8, 10 1:53 AM
this game SUCKS. feel like im going blind terrible graphics way too small

[Post New]by nannytoerin on Jan 8, 10 3:45 AM
SherryHolt wrote:
difred01 wrote:

I think I remember hitting it with the pickaxe.

that doesn't work....

[Post New]by honeysmiles on Jan 9, 10 12:17 PM
I had to skip the "Out Side Temple" puzzle the one with the weights because it was all choppy. I gathered all the gems and items on the list, but when the scales dropped down the game showed all the gems and items again and it wouldn't fix. I tried everything! I was so mad after playing the game and not skipping any puzzles the game crashed on me! Grrrrrr Is there a patch for this problem. Did anyone else have this problem?
Because of this problem, this is the worse game I've ever played! I rated it a 2! Can someone please check into this. There are a few bugs in the game and I think it was released too soon. They should have fixed all the bugs first before releasing it!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jan 9, 10 1:35 PM
Played the demo for this game. I like the plot, the conversation is brief, screens refresh quickly and the ambient sounds are good. I didn't care for the music. Even changing my screen to brightest, I found the items difficult to find. Even when using a hint I still had trouble finding some items.

It is an okay game but not great. I'm saving my credits for really great games now. There are so many coming out that I can't buy them all, so this one is a no go for me right now.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Jan 13, 10 8:21 PM
Surprisingly, I really liked this game. I know I can't have a MCF every month, but I'm always looking for a new game to play. After reading some of the reviews , I wasn't sure if I even wanted to demo it. Good combination of hidden objects (boy, are they hidden), puzzles (some kinda hard) and stunning graphics. I even liked the music. Good play length. There's no timer, so I didn't have to rush through this game. I used a credit, very happy with the purchase!

temple

[Post New]by o2d2d2b202d2 on Jan 16, 10 6:44 AM
monkeymary wrote:I can't get the last blackbird piece from the temple. How do you open the locked statue?? Found a key but it does not work. Tried everything in my inventory to open.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jan 16, 10 11:09 AM
Serafinos wrote:OH, OH, OH, OH, OH --- PICK ME, PICK ME!!! I GOT IT!!!
(waving hand to teacher feverishly) LOL

SPOILER:

Okay -- use bottle opener on bottle of water --- then dowse fire.
YAY

BTW - not sure how to hide posts. SS
Hope changing to white font helps.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Jan 16, 10 11:10 AM
OK! I pick you!! What do I do with the chest on the beach? Nothing in my inventory works on it and I have no keys.

Thanks...JoAnne

Edited on 01/16/2010 at 11:12:00 AM PST

[Post New]by winkybink on Jan 23, 10 10:00 AM
I thoroughly love this game! Yes, at times it is a little slow and dark, but well worth the credit! So far, I have played the game 6-times. There always seems to be a different object to find, so it's very interesting and spell binding. In my 6th time to play, I scored 254,156, found 397-objects and 205-gems, used 2-hints with no miss clicks or skips, and my time was 2:35. However, I do have just 1-small complaint.....
I can see a gem in the the Bungalow of Chapter 1 (before the hint thing and object list comes out) and cannot pick it up. I found 9-others, but this one would add to my score (I think) and it's frustrating me that I cannot get to it. It is in the rafters at the top left of the bungalow. Once the hint thing and object list comes out, it covers it up and you cannot see it, anymore. Trying to use a hint and get it to turn doesn't work, I tried that twice on my 6th game. Anyone out there have the solution?

Go to: