Don't like

Noralg
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Don't like

[Post New]by Noralg on Jan 19, 10 12:31 AM
Thank you all. I like long games, but this one is not fun. Very frustrating and hard on the eyes. Will not purchase.

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Jan 20, 10 1:19 PM
I agree and I'm glad to see this is the first topic. The graphics are really lousy. The items just don't have a detailed outline and the scenes are too dark. I just stopped playing after an island level because I simply could not find the items amongst all the foliage. The glass bird puzzle really annoyed me because it was difficult to click the arrows and get the piece in the right direction. I give this game two thumbs down. (And I recommend the creators to get a BigFish account and start downloading some MCF games to see how its done.)

[Post New]by Gma_47 on Jan 23, 10 10:16 PM
I came to the forum because I could not find an object in the second scene.. the market or something. No matter what I did, including tons of hints, I could not find it. I have spent most of the trial period trying to find that one object. I even started over under a different name, hoping to get a different item.. no luck with that. The magnifier is so blurry it does no good what so ever. I am glad to see I am not the only one having problems with this game. I will not buy it.

[Post New]by aussiegirl70 on Jan 25, 10 4:49 AM
o.k guys all adverse comments aside ....:,)...there must some1 who is positive about this game...hey i brought it b4 game board!!!

catlady4
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by catlady4 on Jan 27, 10 3:29 PM
not a good game at all----very slow, music awful----extremely hard to see---I quit after 20 minutes-

juror9
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juror9 on Jan 30, 10 5:47 PM
Nope - sorry I couldn't get through the trial either, lol. The hint got stuck on the hanging lamp before I could find the last peice of the map, so it would't let me out out to find the light bulb. There are hidden objects, and objects that have dissapeared, and this games falls into the latter category. Save your credits.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Feb 18, 10 7:39 AM
Hate hate hate this game. There's nothing fun in trying to find 20 bugs when they're all the same exact color as the background. I thought the puzzles were great, but the hog section was terrible. Too slow, the cursor went around forever, the finding of the item was intolerably slow.

The creators of this game really have to rethink their strategy. They need major help in the constructing of h o g items.

I'll finish this game, but won't be buying from these developers any time soon, if at all!

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Feb 22, 10 1:56 PM
Well, I'm not quite so adamant as many of you, but I'm still with you in spirit. I'm bordering more on "defeated". The story itself reminds me of a spate of contemporary gothic novels that came out in the '60's, and for that I would like the game, and pursue. But...oh golly, those graphics. I can't speak for many of you, but I have trouble with my eyes, and squinting all over the screen trying to find..not just tiny hidden objects, but pieces of the MAP, for heaven's sake...is a bit much. I've been playing with that map since I was ten years old, (feels like), and when it comes to that inventory screen constantly popping up whenever my cursor nears the area, as much as I want to hang on just out of sheer stubbornness, I think I'm gonna say "Hold the boat, guys, while I climb aboard. I'm with the rest of you." To all of you other fishies, but to the eyestrain. I won't finish this game.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 1, 10 4:20 PM
I would think the throng has long since moved on to newer games, but JIC some stop by to check the posts in this thread, I wrote a cranky bit about the graphics and interface use and vowed never to finish the game. But I'm the kind of person who leaves and then thinks of the work the developers put into a game, and the hope, too, I should think. And so, to be fair, I return and give it another go.

What turned me off the night I made my other post was that I was trying to assemble the map pieces. I knew what to do, and where they went, it was not a difficult puzzle by any means, but they kept moving on me, turning, and having to be repositioned over and over. The game itself puts the last piece on the work area, taking it out of your inventory. This last piece can be very hard to find. Sometimes it's under other pieces, sometimes it's off to the side, and when you accidentally click on another piece, looking for this final piece to complete the task, the piece you accidentally touched moves, turns, gets out of position. Repeat this ad infinitum, and add to it the repeated popping up of the inventory screen whenever your cursor comes near that area, and you have one grouchy player before too long.

Let me state that I had no idea there is a specific spot in which to put the first map piece on the "work board". I don't know if this applies to any piece, but when I returned to the game, I found that when I put the lower left corner of the map on a specific spot of the screen, it STAYED there. Beautiful! Had I discovered this the night I got so disgusted, I would have set rockets off. Why it didn't happen by accident that night, with all my failed attempts, baffles me.

I won't go into any more of the map part, and I would think that it's probably been covered very well on a thread in this forum. I try to read all posts, but they do get ahead of me sometimes.

I continued to play after that, and I have to say I had fun. Yes, I stand on what I said about the graphics, they are not clear enough for my vision. But once I really learned what the developers had in mind, and how they set up the puzzles, I found they weren't that difficult nor frustrating to do, either. Fun, in fact. So in short, it's a much better game than what my first post indicated, and I have to say I DO like it, after all.

Victoria5
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Victoria5 on Mar 9, 10 8:20 AM
The developers of this game should be ashamed of themselves. They took a nice HOG the previous Youda one and destroyed it -- this game is awful -- how are you expected to find things -- hate it, hate it, hate it!

Lucidus
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Lucidus on Apr 23, 10 8:21 AM
I already posted my reaction on another thread, but this seems a more appropriate location, so I hope you all will forgive my double posting.

I know I am a little late to this game, due to some technical problems when I first bought it. Like many of the other posters, I was ultimately quite disappointed. It ran very slowly on my Mac and the cursor lagged badly, something which really bugs me. Sometimes my clicks didn't register the first time.

The story line isn't interesting, doesn't make much sense, and you can't skip past the cut scenes. Some of the puzzles are obscure - I don't mean hard to solve, that isn't the issue, but hard to figure out what the heck you are even supposed to do in order to solve them.

But worst of all, I didn't enjoy the hidden object scenes (and I usually love HOG games, even difficult ones). The graphics just weren't sharp or clear; many of the objects I couldn't see or identify even once I knew exactly where they were (and I have decent vision and an excellent monitor). The magnifying glass actually made things worse - away from the center, things were distorted and out of focus; at the center, the fuzziness was exaggerated. Finally, finding all the little rocks ("gems") seemed pointless. I regret purchasing this game.

[Post New]by papillion727 on Mar 31, 11 2:00 PM
Youda Legend: Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond is one of my favorites, so I made a mistake and bought this without trying. Absolutely hated it! Maybe they sold the name to some other developers. I didn't finish and deleted it from my game list. I notice they have some more game out now and I won't even give them a try. Sting me once shame on you, sting me twice ...

Don't like

[Post New]by Sing4joy on Apr 16, 11 1:10 PM
mcfr wrote:I finished the game and all I can say is: I'm not happy for having buyed it!
mcfr :o)

Sing4joy I thoroughly agree with all of the posts. This is the worst game I have bought. It is frustratingly slow, lousy graphics, and that arrow that circles is a cause for murder. All of the articles to find are too small and quite frankly not there at all in most cases. The Inventory keeps coming up even when the hint indicates a use of the lower edge of the puzzle. I bought this because I thought it would be a good game like The Amsterdam one. Bzz Wrong. It was supposed to cost 3.00 or thereabouts for Spring Fever and it cost me full price of $7 or thereabouts and gave me a case of indigestion and Angina. DONT BUY THIS GAME.

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Apr 25, 13 6:26 PM
I agree HOPs are awful

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on May 13, 13 11:20 AM
If you can't see it with the magnifying glass AND the hint circle, GIVE UP. So I give up.

Go to: