OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Welcome to Nancy Drew: The Final Scene forum

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 2, 10 9:47 AM
fairieartist wrote:
OLDBAY wrote:Boy...What do we have to do to get a bite or a nibble..leftovers aren't bad once in a while....but everyday !!! I'm so disappointed in the games that have been released ...in the last few weeks , ND...ahh I always feel lost in these games , if this was out 9 yrs ago.....& you don't get to demo it ...Is it because TS ..is off .& maybe that's why they are releasing all these....reruns....duds...& leftovers....Boy,,,it's been a long time since Iv'e had any thing nice to say,,,,but i have to put my 2 cents in ,,cause ....I really hope....somebody else agrees w/ me & I hope ..is reading these reviews....hugs & kisses ....Till the next release...Let it be a good one , but won't hold my breath .....

What about Dire Grove, Murder in the Rue Morgue, Echoes of the Past, Joyville?
I thought Big Fish has brought out some fantastic games this past month.
...Yes & Yes & Yes & no....I've got everyone except joyville , I just tired of the same old stuff ,,,This hasn't been the best month for games..I've got Edgar..DG, was a great game, but for me the rest have been BORING ! I took a couple of suggestions from others , like family flux ..bought it , It was ok , but nothing GREAT>>>>That's what i want,,,something that knocks my socks OFF! I want a game thats really worth talking about....Thanks ...

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 2, 10 9:50 AM
veronique875 wrote:So is this definitely a HER interactive?

Those are the ND games I DO like..

Hoping that it is

Yes, it is. The final Scene is the 5th Nancy Drew game and was published in November 2001.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 2, 10 9:51 AM
monkeyface881 wrote:I don't know what GF stands for!
Hope this helps

Girlfriend! But I'm not sure Holofernes meant that - must have been a typo.

aniem
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by aniem on Jan 2, 10 1:01 PM
for Oldboy - have you tried Journey to the Center of the Earth or Syberia?Nothing boring here; I think you can even skip dialogue?

aniem
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by aniem on Jan 2, 10 1:03 PM
for Oldboy - have you tried Journey to the Center of the Earth or Syberia?Nothing boring here; I think you can even skip dialogue?
Sorry , that's OLDBAY

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 1:05:43 PM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Jan 2, 10 1:29 PM
aniem wrote:for Oldboy - have you tried Journey to the Center of the Earth or Syberia?Nothing boring here; I think you can even skip dialogue?
Sorry , that's OLDBAY No I haven't...just pulled it up & there's no trail...don't know if ,,,It's worth buying w/out trying...What do you think ?...

[Post New]by veronique875 on Jan 2, 10 1:38 PM
Laflamme wrote:
veronique875 wrote:So is this definitely a HER interactive?

Those are the ND games I DO like..

Hoping that it is

Yes, it is. The final Scene is the 5th Nancy Drew game and was published in November 2001.

ok thanks. i like the old ones!

CPLB
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by CPLB on Jan 2, 10 4:23 PM
How does one go about getting a refund, or a perhaps a game credit. This game is not a HOG , which I had been led to believe it was and, infuriatingly, it keeps freezing on me. Or it is so slow to change when one has hit a 'done' button that it seems to have frozen

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 2, 10 11:29 PM
OLDBAY wrote:Boy...What do we have to do to get a bite or a nibble..leftovers aren't bad once in a while....but everyday !!! I'm so disappointed in the games that have been released ...in the last few weeks , ND...ahh I always feel lost in these games , if this was out 9 yrs ago.....& you don't get to demo it ...Is it because TS ..is off .& maybe that's why they are releasing all these....reruns....duds...& leftovers....Boy,,,it's been a long time since Iv'e had any thing nice to say,,,,but i have to put my 2 cents in ,,cause ....I really hope....somebody else agrees w/ me & I hope ..is reading these reviews....hugs & kisses ....Till the next release...Let it be a good one , but won't hold my breath .....

Oh dear... and here I am with 21 games bought in December because they were all too good to resist! LOL I guess we all have our own likes and dislikes and I do hope that you are soon able to spend some quality time playing something you enjoy. Happy 2010!

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 2, 10 11:31 PM
aniem wrote:for Oldboy - have you tried Journey to the Center of the Earth or Syberia?Nothing boring here; I think you can even skip dialogue?
Sorry , that's OLDBAY

OLDBAY wrote:No I haven't...just pulled it up & there's no trail...don't know if ,,,It's worth buying w/out trying...What do you think ?...

Both of these games are very interesting to play. They are adventure types and will keep you thinking throughout and busy for many hours.

Edited on 01/02/2010 at 11:39:45 PM PST

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jan 2, 10 11:33 PM
CPLB wrote:How does one go about getting a refund, or a perhaps a game credit. This game is not a HOG , which I had been led to believe it was and, infuriatingly, it keeps freezing on me. Or it is so slow to change when one has hit a 'done' button that it seems to have frozen

Up toward the top of this page, on the right, just under the Biggest Fish in the Forums list, is a green envelope. That leads to the Customer Support people. Drop them a note telling them what happened and they will work with you. They truly are helpful, but please give them a day or two to get back to you.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jan 3, 10 3:05 AM
I just want to add a small gripe to the discussions. If you look at the top of this thread, there is a green circle with an arrow, inviting you to 'try this game'. If you click on that, you are told 'sorry, there is no trial version available for this game'.

I understand it is a large file game, but there have been trials for others (not all, admittedly). I just think that if there is no demo available, this invitation to try should be removed.

Oh well, no trial, no purchase for me.

Edited on 01/03/2010 at 3:06:40 AM PST

Shellikins
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Shellikins on Jan 3, 10 1:46 PM
I was quite surprised to see this game published on the BFG website actually. I have played almost all of the Nancy Drew series, mostly because they were released right here. But to release a game that's so old versus the brand new Nancy Drew that was released by HerInteractive in November seems like a bit of a turnabout. I've been waiting for what seems like ages for Waverly to be released on BFG.

I agree, there's a bit of misleading advertising around what this game is about. Still a good game, I'm just disappointed BFG is recycling these ancient games by computer standards. It'd be nice if they could publish some more recent games that are not all about hidden objects for those that prefer puzzles and sleuthing.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Jan 3, 10 4:59 PM
I would actually rather see an older game like this one, which I know will be relatively high-quality and take a long time to play, than many of the newer ones that only take 3-4 hours, have poor translations into English, etc., etc. Just because a game is newer does not mean that it is better!

And I think the company that makes the Nancy Drew games is responsible for the hold-up of Waverly--I suspect they were trying to make as much money as possible through Christmas gift sales at the $19.99 price before releasing it to the game portals. I finished it last night and can at least say that It is a great game and will be worth the wait when it finally gets here!

sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sharieanne on Jan 4, 10 11:06 PM
how do you get the puzzle peices to turn, the box ones????? I can't open the box, as I cannot flip the peices. Can anyone help Please.

bkjanelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bkjanelle on Jan 5, 10 8:24 AM
i need help i am almost done with the first day but i have no idea where the projector room is can anyone help?
thanks

bkjanelle
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bkjanelle on Jan 5, 10 8:26 AM
sharieanne you have to click the top left of the puzzle piece. it is kind of tricky but it worked for me

kwhel
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by kwhel on Jan 5, 10 6:04 PM
I want say thanks to BFG for the Nancy Drew games. I love them.
The projector room is at top the stairs in the lobby-just click left or right arrow when you get to the top of the stairs and you will see a single door in the middle.
LOL I wouldn't be able to complete a ND without a walkthrough but I thorougly enjoy them
I also heard there is a 3rd Syberia coming out-can't wait for that. Most of the large file games are worth the price. I have found BFG to be very kind about refunding me if I was unsatisfied.
Just needed to add my opinion

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Jan 6, 10 1:13 AM
Good game..I enjoyed it...

I was stressed right out near the end.....some timing to be done there..lol

but that's always the case in ND games..

The voice over for the cop..was hysterical...job well done.. ..Especially the first phone call..funny stuff.....Couldn't ask for a better voice over..imo..

Peace..

In case anyone wants to know..this is HER interactive..and is like all other older games i've played of Nancy's..I enjoyed it..~

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 1:15:13 AM PST

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Jan 6, 10 1:16 AM
bkjanelle wrote: i need help i am almost done with the first day but i have no idea where the projector room is can anyone help?
thanks

You can get to the projector room at the top of the stairs on either side..in the lobby..

Just go up the stairs..and past the double doors..either left..or right..Depending on which stairs u go up..But they both go there.. It's a small door..

Go to: