grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by grammyapples on Apr 22, 16 7:35 AM
Okay,
I have tried all means offered here I sent mail to tech but have not heard back.
I really think it is because of Windows10
I am really upset about the fact that I sent an Email to Customer support and received a automated response with B/F URL that had nothing to do with my issue.
I asked for a coupon for another Collectors Edition game, and that is what I got in return!! No HELP at all
I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars and been here for a lot of years.
I am so disappointed now, with no help at all.

Thank you for letting me vent.
I am now uninstalling this goll dern game once again, without re installing.

grammyapples

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Romance: Kingdom of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jolabella on Apr 22, 16 12:44 PM
i cant open the game (win 10 64-bit) error:This application will not work on your computer
to find the version for your computer please contact the publisher of this software

i'm very sad,please help

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Apr 22, 16 3:52 PM
Yet another person here with the same access error violation. I am getting so tired of buggy games.

A note to techs: Do you need to keep reposting the same fixes on here? I have never had one work, and I have also given up on sending the Dr. Felix reports as you never hear back...

Sorry for venting, but I was really looking forward to this one!!!

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Apr 22, 16 6:09 PM
abarrett wrote:Getting the Access Error Violation as I try to start the game. Win 10 computer. Probably won't go through all the trouble of changing the compatibility, because I shouldn't have to, and the devs should know better.

Me too.

[Post New]by nannanorma7 on Apr 22, 16 8:54 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else with the error messageox031fo50 tried to read from oxffffffff program terminated

[Post New]by nannanorma7 on Apr 22, 16 8:57 PM
I am using windows 8

[Post New]by warpsix on Apr 22, 16 10:20 PM
I'm having the same problem but with Windows 7. Access violation at 0x007EF3D0 (tried to read from 0x21B58E58), program terminated. There's obviously a problem with the game that needs to be fixed. I have all the other games in the Dark Romance series and am able to play them without any problems. Glade I didn't purchase this game and just opted to play the demo instead. I've gotten burned before, buying a game and never able to complete it "Through Andrea's Eyes" has never been fixed by the game maker not really counting on this one being fixed either.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Apr 23, 16 5:56 AM
Working for me on Windows 10 x64.

Just wanted to post this so that those with Win10 don't hesitate to try the game to see if it works for your setup.

For those getting an Access Violation error:

Found this BFG page regarding Access Violation errors. Hope it might help.
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Apr 23, 16 8:01 AM
grammyapples wrote:Okay,
I have tried all means offered here I sent mail to tech but have not heard back.
I really think it is because of Windows10
I am really upset about the fact that I sent an Email to Customer support and received a automated response with B/F URL that had nothing to do with my issue.
I asked for a coupon for another Collectors Edition game, and that is what I got in return!! No HELP at all
I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars and been here for a lot of years.
I am so disappointed now, with no help at all.

Thank you for letting me vent.
I am now uninstalling this goll dern game once again, without re installing.

grammyapples

don't feel bad, happened to me three weeks ago.....have YET to hear back .........so much for customer service.....

procats
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Cannot even open the game-Adding to Post

[Post New]by procats on Apr 23, 16 8:42 AM
I too get the error: error code Access violation at 0x33300D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated and that Is it. I have windows 10 and no issue with most of the games. I really would love to play the games, but am not jumping through any hoops to do so. I should not have to as I have other games just like it and they play fine. So if they fix this issue, I may try the game again at a later date. Otherwise, guess they don't make a sale. Too bad. I'm tired of trying to find ways to make a game work. So I just don't buy. More will come out. Ok, adding to this post. Thought I would try again by doing what another player suggested and ran game as administrator. Do not get anything in this mode, not even an error message. Just sits there. Too bad. I really wanted to try this game as I have the other games to it. I wish BF or the game people would listen to the players and FIX these issues.
Well here it is June 13th and thought I would try the game one more time. Well, guess they didn't fix anything, because I hit play and it just sits there. Delete. Too bad. You would have thought they would have an update by this time.

Edited on 06/13/2016 at 6:22:16 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 23, 16 9:20 AM
I'm on a mac. Takes ages to download and then I get the error message. Giving up.

RE: Clio Statue in Boudoir is bugged

[Post New]by smilingsun72 on Apr 23, 16 10:37 AM
I didn't know where to put this, so I thought to report the bug here. After I finished the game and bonus chapter I checked out the Boudoir. I found that when I clicked on Clio's scroll it brought up Melpomene's information. I made sure I was clicking right because I even back out of Boudoir and came back in to find that Clio is bugged. I just thought you, the developers might like to know.

[Post New]by sunger922 on Apr 23, 16 11:10 AM
I operate in Windows 10 and have downloaded and deleted this game several times. There doesn't appear to be be any problems with the downloads but the game fails to open. Please advise.

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Apr 23, 16 11:11 AM
Jorie10 wrote:Working for me on Windows 10 x64.

Just wanted to post this so that those with Win10 don't hesitate to try the game to see if it works for your setup.

For those getting an Access Violation error:

Found this BFG page regarding Access Violation errors. Hope it might help.
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/711

Zero problem for me also on Windows 10. No clue why. Thanks for posting that Access Violation error, hope it helps those that are having that issue.

[Post New]by MelinRI on Apr 23, 16 1:01 PM
I was having an access code violation error too, except that I am running Windows XP instead of Windows 10. Anyway, I had tried everything that is recommended on the FAQ about fixing a freezing game and checking to see if I had the latest drivers, blah, blah, and nothing worked until I disabled the Special Effects in the Settings after the game opens. That finally worked and I was able to continue playing the game without it shutting down on me.I have not noticed any differences without the special effects enabled - it's still pretty cool. At least I was able to get the game to open before I ran into problems - I have no brilliant ideas for those who are stuck with a useless game.

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Apr 23, 16 3:27 PM
I'm glad you got the game to work, but the game won't even open for me....

[Post New]by simplicity19 on Apr 23, 16 4:07 PM
Using a brand new MAC. This is becoming tiresome BF. I have been a fishy for years and never had so many problems even before my MAC until this last year!!

I had deleted and reloaded the game, changed my identity etc. When I get to the part in Hades where one lights the torch on the statue, get the skates, I get this funky highlighted box that has nothing to do with the game with - - - - all over it.

Than the game will not longer work! Please! I am a great customer but telling you, you need to do better. I have never seen so many fixes or non fixes!! Good thing you have loyal customers for now that help because you surely haven't been an abundance of assistance!!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 23, 16 5:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing technical problems in the game. Our teams completely understand the frustration that this sort of thing can cause, and absolutely want people to be able to play their games without encountering tech issues. We work to test all of our games on a variety of software and hardware platforms before they're released. However, because of the number of options for computer configurations, unforeseen issues such as these may occur, and we definitely appreciate everyone who's taken the time to report these here. I'm going to make sure to pass these posts along so that the appropriate team is aware of this situation.

In the meantime, if they haven't been tried yet, I suggest taking a look at the steps in the following help articles:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Windows 10
Access Violation

nintendomo, I understand you have a question about the help articles being posted here. While the Forum Moderation Team would like to be able to provide in-depth help in situations like these, the forums simply aren't equipped with the tools needed to gather information on technical problems. We suggest our help articles in an effort to help as many people as possible, as the steps they include can be applied to a wide range of issues. However, we completely understand that the steps may not help every problem.

If people see an issue that isn't resolved by our help articles, we encourage contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report problems that are occurring, and are always happy to provide customized troubleshooting steps.

I'm sorry to hear that some haven't been receiving replies from our Support Team when they write in. Our Reps have recently been receiving large numbers of emails, and so are behind on their normal response time. Both the Moderation Team and the Support Team want everyone's questions and concerns to be addressed, and I want to assure everybody that our Reps are working hard to get back to people as quickly as possible.

Edited on 04/23/2016 at 5:16:31 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Apr 23, 16 5:15 PM
While waiting, we also recommend replying to any automated emails you receive. Our system will automatically close a ticket after a length of time, and so replying to these emails lets us know if your issue hasn’t been addressed. This also saves your place in line so that a Representative can get back to you as soon as they’re able.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by kesabeth on Apr 24, 16 12:31 AM
I'm also getting the access violation message - game won't open at all, I'm also on Windows 10.

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/26/2016 at 4:43:35 PM PST

Go to: