Re:Farm Frenzy 3: American Pie comments and reviews

[Post New]by suzieque117 on Jan 10, 10 10:25 AM
I regret purchasing this game as the Robots appear to be the only difference. I enjoyed Farm Frenzy 3 as it was something different. If they chose to put out another game they are really going to have to make it different. It's unfortunate I cant get my money back on this one.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jan 10, 10 10:50 AM
I know that many people love this series (I do) and buy a new one as soon as available. However, there are differences in difficulty level (which are becoming more noticeable) and also some people's computer can't handle the very 3D graphics.

One really needs to play a demo rather than assume or hope that it will have something different enough to interest you, that the difficulty level will be right for you, and that your computer can handle it.

Here's my 2 cents - if I remember right.
FF2 had basically the same animals as the original FF - but the animals and graphics were greatly improved and gameplay somewhat harder. FF2 is the game I recommend for people who aren't real good at TM - it is a good introduction to TM and to the Farm Frenzy series.

FF2 Pizza Party was much harder, and I don't think I ever finshed it. The pizzas were just too hard for me.

FF3 had a lot of innovation. There are 5 different farms - all over the world - and a lot of new animals. The graphics are outstanding - but animals dropped much too slowly on some computers. I got tired of random clicking on animals because I couldn't see their products which dropped behind them. And I couldn't play with the sound on because of the "Uh-Uh" because the clicking wasn't for adding water. So I would get a cat as soon as possible, which cost so much that a trophy on a money level was not possible.

Many people loved it.

FF: American Pie is much more like FF2 - and I love it. It is just one location. Better players will not like it - way too easy. It is back to the basic animals. The new robot is fun. I finished it the first time through - nearly all silver, with several gold. (As you can tell, I am not an expert player.)

FF: Ice Age - I don't like so well because it is harder, and I may not finish it without a walkthrough. It is one location with one set of animals. It has a new animal, and the game play with it is like the robot in American Pie.

So they are all different. I recommend demo a new one - and read a lot of opinions here, being careful about what is said about difficulty level and computer handling.

[Post New]by Beezers on Jan 10, 10 11:06 AM
I'm a big fan of ff but this one is just like one I all ready own . hope you don't get like so many others that just come up with same old thing

Edited on 01/10/2010 at 11:07:42 AM PST

[Post New]by CREAMYYUMMY911 on Jan 10, 10 11:56 PM
i felt the same way to until i started playing ENLESS MODE!!! that is where all the fun begins. dont give up on this ame it is very good, you will get your money's worth. anyone on level 90 yet? i am stuck , i cant make an iron. i think there is a glitch in the game because i madde irons on the previouis levels and now the game wont allow it to be done again. thanks.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Jan 12, 10 4:34 AM
for lvl 89 u can get trophy for no product/no bear AND the trophy for not hitting bear the blog walkthru tells u u can get either one, it said u wont get both...i did the level for shortest time completed then did it again to get a trophy and ended up getting BOTH i just had to say that because i dont have to do it a third time lol

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 15, 10 1:41 PM
I, like you Lisa, like Farm Frenzy 3 the best but did just finish American Pie with all gold and am stuck in endless mode because there is a glitch on the factory that takes the blue prints so at this moment no answer as to a fix for the problem. I too own all the Farm Frenzy games and find them all to be fun but the Pizza Party one. It was just too stressful and was no longer fun. Don't get me wrong, they all keep you on your toes and are challenging but are a lot of fun to an "ole" TM fanatic.

[Post New]by fancyk on Jan 18, 10 2:24 AM
Love the game. A little more challenging on some levels, which is great.. But on the endless mode I am not able to build the tractor or robot, I have all the material the building but it will not build.. Is there a glitch or is there something hidden that I have not found?

tekh
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tekh on Jan 21, 10 2:12 AM
Looks like the Robot-Iron factory bug in endless mode is official now !!!
Also - still in endless mode- I noticed that I'm never asked to produce level 2 or 3 milk-products.
Guess they rushed the game out & didn't test it deeply enough (I volunteer for the next ones !!!).
Also there are some missing spaces on the map where levels could have been...
Still, it's a great game and hope the saga goes on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on & on.........................................................................................................

jorob716
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by jorob716 on Jan 21, 10 3:24 PM
I'm in agreement with you Tekh. I love Farm Frenzy and can't wait until BFG gets the new one "Ice Age." My problem is I get started on the game and get so involved that the next thing I know the sun is coming up. Wow!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Feb 4, 10 3:36 PM
I am a huge FF fan but am I missing something? I don't get endless??? am i doing something wrong ...it's really truly endless....what's the point? I just keep boosting the turkeys & making cakes. Am I doing or not doing something here that I should be???? Help ( could be one too may rums lol )

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Mar 18, 10 3:12 AM
I love this game. I just finished the level where they introduce robots. I love the bots and how you get rock fuel with the airplane and how they drop the rocket fuel up and how the bot picks it up when needed to be refueled. I really love this game. A lot of fun.

Am I the only one who don't like the dogs in Farm Frenzy 3? They just attack and run off and never come back. Good dogs know when to come back. My dog does (lol she doesn't attack anybody or bears) but when she gets out by herself she comes back. She always comes back. I wish they came back in Farm Frenzy 3. Other than that the Farm Frenzy 3's are great.

[Post New]by claresmum on Mar 29, 10 2:44 AM
The online version seems to become unplayable at level 19 as the spinning shop does not appear, even though it has been activated in earlier rounds, and in the shop. Glitch?

[Post New]by IMNEW1 on Mar 30, 10 5:55 PM
i just had the same problem....no spinnery on level 19...must be a glitch!

[Post New]by shafersn on Apr 1, 10 10:03 AM
I had the same problem. Been checking back often to see if they have fixed it. So far no luck. The online game propably only goes to 20 anyway. Sure would like to see 20.lol

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Apr 2, 10 4:56 PM
This game was really fun. It kept me occupied for a couple days. There are 90 levels, but depending on which path you choose you might finish the game with not completing all levels. I did and had to go back.

I love the robots. They were cool and the thing I liked about them were they were immune to the bears and made you a lot of money. I also liked to dress the bears and then sell them (this is not new). But overall it was definitely worth it. I hated to uninstall the game, but I can only have so many games on my computer or the computer gets messed up. But it is really a great game.

[Post New]by lindstar on Jun 14, 10 2:47 PM
I absolutely hate the dogs. I stopped buying the farm frenzy games just for that reason. Sometimes you need the money from the bears to complete the level in time and now that the dogs run off with the bears, it's like watching money run off the screen. Very frustrating. Why can't they just block the bears like they used to? I preferred the old versions dogs. I would buy the next farm frenzy game if the dog behaved like the original.

Johny_d
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Johny_d on Mar 4, 11 1:06 AM
Is the same as Farm Frenzy 2 and others. Tired of playing the same.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Mar 31, 11 6:31 PM
I love FF, and this game is no exception. I bought this game after trying it for an hour, and have played this game twice completely through. My favorite part of each FF game is the longest game, toward the end of the levels. FF usually gives users 30 minutes to finish this level, and I've played this level on FF 3: American Pie at least 15 times.

The graphics are so cute and the cars/trucks/planes so much fun! Thanks FF!

5 out of 5!

[Post New]by dawnpresley on May 17, 12 11:25 AM
suzieque117 wrote:I regret purchasing this game as the Robots appear to be the only difference. I enjoyed Farm Frenzy 3 as it was something different. If they chose to put out another game they are really going to have to make it different. It's unfortunate I cant get my money back on this one.

I have NOT purchased the game "Farm Frenzy 3", but to see whether or not I would be interested in playing I decided to use the "try-out" version.
I have experienced the SAME problem: At level 19, the spinner does NOT appear and there IS NO OPTION to purchase it. I assumed this was just a way to keep the "sampler" limited in play so the player would purchase it if they "desired more play" than to level 19.
However, after seeing the previously mentioned post... I regret to inform the company I WILL NOT be purchasing the game. I was enjoying it all the way up to level 19 and NOTHING. I would HATE to have BOUGHT the game and THEN found this out.
Shame on you Big Fish!

Edited on 05/17/2012 at 11:26:19 AM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Farm Frenzy 3:Technical Issue

[Post New]by Quailridge on Oct 19, 13 6:37 AM
Does anyone else playing this on a Mac have an issue with the game stalling? All computer updates are current. I am thinking this is either a graphic card issue or a java issue???

Edited on 10/19/2013 at 6:38:59 AM PST

Go to: