Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Black Swan here.

[Post New]by mississippi63 on May 4, 16 4:11 PM
Played all the way to getting the gold sun key game crashed and will not play, throws me back to desk top.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 4, 16 4:30 PM
Couldn't play. My shader doesn't have pixils, per message??! Windows XP.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on May 4, 16 4:47 PM
Money wasted the game keeps freezing .Tried everything I want my money back I could have wasted it on something better than this !!

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on May 4, 16 5:35 PM
Thanks Deejay - I managed to finish the game with skipping the ballerina game. It crashed on me once during the bowl scene, but then I was able to finish. Like you, I wish it had been bug-free.

[Post New]by Mistaken on May 5, 16 6:18 AM
I am running Windows 7 all up to date and am having the same problem with the Ballerina disappearing along with inventory etc. and can't exit the scene to continue.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 5, 16 8:39 AM
gbanjs wrote:I agree that this game would have been a lot better without the tech glitches. I had the same freezing issues. I was able to finish the game using your advice with using the hint button in the fireplace. When i would lose my inventory--always after the game would freeze up--all I had to do was use the map to jump to a different room and my inventory would come back. I don't know how you finished the game without rescuing the girl in the bubble though, that shouldn't be possible. But considering all the problems I'm not surprised either.

I did try using the map to jump and did get my inventory back, but unfortunately, in the first Hidden Object scene I came across, and had to "zoom in" to find an object my screen would freeze preventing me from finishing. I guess I could wait til the skip button fills up and skip all the Hidden Object scenes but what fun is that?
This game needs a major fix.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on May 5, 16 10:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing various issues with their Black Swan game.

For players that are seeing freezing, crashing, or items disappearing, please look at the following help article as it contains steps that have been known to resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are running on Windows 10, please refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Windows 10

It also looks like some players are seeing an access violation message, since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot from the Forums, the following help article has troubleshooting steps specific to this message:

Access Violation

If you are still experiencing issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to further assist as well as gather this data to bring to the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Mistaken on May 5, 16 12:11 PM
Nynaeve70 - How did you manage to skip the ballerina part?

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on May 5, 16 1:51 PM
same problem with hop scene to get ballerina - everything freezing, no inventory, no getting out of the game without task manager.... PLEASE FIX!!!!

EDIT: just skipped the whole hop - took ages, but it worked and I could play to the end...

Edited on 05/05/2016 at 2:15:29 PM PST

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on May 5, 16 2:48 PM
BF, I wish you hadn't locked the thread about the hint button not working. It might not be a technical issue. When I play games, I skip as much dialogue as I can. I may have skipped something that would tell me where to go. 2 or 3 other players were looking for the answer, too. We were asking for help, not reporting a glitch .

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on May 6, 16 12:07 AM
similar problem... black screen but music playing.

Guybrush
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Guybrush on May 6, 16 3:02 PM
I have the same problem with the ballerina. Waiting for skip button does not fix it.

[Post New]by Mistaken on May 6, 16 4:58 PM
Mistaken wrote:Nynaeve70 - How did you manage to skip the ballerina part?

Wow!!!!!!Finally figured out the Ballerina part. When you go to that room with the big red chair run cursor all the way to the right of screen and hunt around until it turns to a fan you will go to 3-4 maybe 5 new areas. When you get done with the first room go back to the big chair and play the HO when done nothing disappears your inventory is up to date now go right again and finish.

[Post New]by Mistaken on May 6, 16 5:01 PM
flaxin wrote:Ugh, yet again a problem at the end. In one of the last hidden object games I believe, the last item, a ballerina, is causing a problem. I can get it, but as soon as I do, the swan hint disappears, the map disappears, the inventory completely disappears along with anyway to get out of the game or use the ballerina. I'm curious if this has happened to anyone else. Running Windows 10, restarted my computer, I may try to uninstall and reinstall the game. If it doesn't work, I'm going to just ask for a refund or a credit, since I used a credit on this game.

Go to the room with the big red chair run cursor to the far right of screen and hunt for when it turns to a fan this will take you to 3-5 rooms. When you finish 1st room go back to big red chair and play HO. Then go right again and finish all that is in the rooms.

Kim70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Kim70 on May 6, 16 6:29 PM
I have been playing this game on Windows 8.1. Let me begin by saying that I have already followed all the tips. My DirectX and video drivers are up to date. I played the game most of the way through, then suddenly started getting access violations. Every time the game restarted, I had to play some part over again, only to get another access violation. Then I finally got to the point other players have mentioned where the game restarts and you have no access to your inventory, so you basically can't play anymore.

I always play the demo version of every game I purchase because I have had so many that don't work properly. Amazingly enough, it seems more and more lately, I play the demo version with no problem, and then as soon as I buy the game and continue playing, I start having problems. I have at least three games that I have never been able to finish because technical problems at the end of the game have caused it to be unplayable, which is very disappointing.

To be honest, this is sometimes caused by the way the game is presented in the Big Fish system. With some of these games, I have been able to download the same game from another service and play it all the way through with no problems. I have been a loyal Big Fish subscriber for many years, but as this problem gets to be a bigger deal, I have to say that it's almost not worth the money I spend anymore.

Aeryis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Aeryis on May 7, 16 10:12 AM
I have had the same problem with the ballerina HOP. The Hop keeps freezing, and refuses to let me get the ballerina when i finish it. Even after skipping it refuse to give me the ballerina. i tried exploring more an found more area, went back to that hop and completed it, still no ballerina. then i kipped it. still NOTHING. SO FRUSTRATED!!!
.....ok finally got through it. after i placed the necklace and pipe into the bowl i went back to the hop. i didnt touch ANYTHING, just waited for skip button to fill. It FINALLY allowed me to skip and to walk away from the HOP with the ballerina. WHAT A PAIN!!!

Edited on 05/07/2016 at 10:20:09 AM PST

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on May 10, 16 4:39 AM
Same problem as many others. Got ballerina but then the game freezes and I can't get out of the scene and have ctrl,alt delete to leave the game.
Too bad about this game because it is pretty good but too many glitches and tech problems prevent it from being enjoyable.\
Please issue a "fix"

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 11, 16 3:27 PM
I've been playing the game with no problems and all of a sudden I cannot get my mouse to move on the menu page so that I cannot choose either to hit play, options or exit.
I have never had this problem before and all the other games currently in my GM are playing just fine.

What is up with this?

Hoppity
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Hoppity on May 17, 16 8:00 PM
twin222 wrote:same problem with hop scene to get ballerina - everything freezing, no inventory, no getting out of the game without task manager.... PLEASE FIX!!!!

EDIT: just skipped the whole hop - took ages, but it worked and I could play to the end...

Waited to skip and didn't work.

[Post New]by objectivematch on May 26, 16 1:18 PM
Please, Please, Please, fix this game. I have had to skip many things because they do not work. I am very invested in the story by now. I have tried to play it twice under two different profiles. It constantly gives me access violation errors. Most times I was able to recover. This time it took away my inventory and the inventory ability. This could be a really awesome game if it worked right. Yes some of the hidden object puzzles have the wrong names for things. But when I lose inventory on one profile and lost the planks and then the ability to walk upstairs. That is half the game.

Go to: